Lexus IS Forum banner

Got Mods? Please post your pics here: rims, tires, whatever you got, let's see 'em!

144K views 201 replies 99 participants last post by  1stLetter 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
After seeing Trinity's pics, I decided we should have a sticky thread for pics of your mods! Enjoy and post 'em up! :)
--Michael

-------
Ok guys, Ive been working on getting my IS350 all nice n' pretty w/ a decent drop and a nice set of wheels. Finally, ive gotten all that and im super happy with how it came out. Here's whats on my car:

Stern ST-1 Wheels
19x8.5 Front +32 offset
19x9.5 Rear +35 offset

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's
225/35/19 Front
255/35/19 Rear

Tein Super Street Coilover Kit

HKS Carbon-Ti Mufflers w/ Custom 2.5'' True Dual Piping

Aerotect Smoked-Out Rear Reflectors and Red-Out Tail Lights

20% SolarGuard Tint All Around

JL Audio 10w6 Subwoofer w/ Alpine MRD-M605 Amp In The Trunk

Pictures:

See less See more
#8 ·
Look good, glad u like the new setup.. enjoy it..

#12 ·
Hartawan said:
Nice drop! Your rims reminds me of an Infiniti. Hey are you the one who posted the HKS video on youtube? That is one loud exhaust, did you take out the Cat?
No, thats not me on youtube and yea i removed the cats, lol its loud :)

#13 ·
That was me on YouTube. Only the resonator was removed in that video.

#14 ·
Glad to know that the 19" sterns fit on a 350. I tried the 18" ST-2's and they wouldn't clear the front calipers. :(

#15 ·
Gernby said:
Glad to know that the 19" sterns fit on a 350. I tried the 18" ST-2's and they wouldn't clear the front calipers. :(
Really? I have seen at least one 350 w/ those wheels, except in 19's. What offsets did u try?

#16 ·
Thetrinityhk said:
Really? I have seen at least one 350 w/ those wheels, except in 19's. What offsets did u try?
I don't remember what the offsets were, but that wasn't the problem. The spokes had too much arc (to maximize the lip), so the spokes wouldn't clear the calipers. I tried 3 different wheels before I found a set that did clear the calipers.

#18 ·
Michael said:
Very nice! +rep for the pics! Curious, you're not interested in selling your stock rims are ya? Also any tint on your windshield?
Thanx! Mmm, theres no tint on the front windshield but i was thinking about getting it done. As for selling the stock rims, its complicated, PM me.

Reactions: LexIShirm
#21 ·
StockIS350 said:
Didn't your check engine light come on, and you car go into limp mode. The cats your talking about are the ones by the stock headers right??
I think he is confusing the cats with the premuffler / resonator

#22 ·
i might be, im not sure, but the CEL is not on. I just took off the main piping which consisted of 2 resonator looking canisters which eventually molded into a bigger resonator looking canister. I assumed the first 2 canisters were the cats.

#24 ·
looks good man keep up the modding

#26 ·
pr4mncplus said:
Hmm, personally I think stock looks better. If you plan to put anyone in the back seat, I would think you'd rub the tires AND the rims.

Well you think wrong pr4mncplus....I have 20's on my car with the right offset and right tire sizes...as it seems like trinity has (right offset, right tires)...a trunk full of stereo gear AND four people in the car...can't get the tires NOR wheels to rub..... looks good trinity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.