Lexus IS Forum

Lexus IS Forum (https://www.my.is/forums/)
-   IS350 Owner's Forum (https://www.my.is/forums/f126/)
-   -   Do You Have Headlight Washers on your IS350? (https://www.my.is/forums/f126/do-you-have-headlight-washers-your-is350-384455/)

Cheez 03-18-2009 01:06 PM

Do You Have Headlight Washers on your IS350?

Like the title says, does yours have them? you know the thing that squirts washer fluid on the headlights? Mine has it.:) I thought it was neat lol...:lol: Do yours have them? The reason I'm asking is I don't know if this is part of Sport Package or Luxury Package or if it is a separate item as an option.

:popcorn:

Knightshade 03-18-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheez (Post 5783948)
Like the title says, does yours have them? you know the thing that squirts washer fluid on the headlights? Mine has it.:) I thought it was neat lol...:lol: Do yours have them? The reason I'm asking is I don't know if this is part of Sport Package or Luxury Package or if it is a separate item as an option.

:popcorn:

It's a separate item as an option.

Contents of the packages (and what is stand alone) is pretty clearly explained at lexus.com

Lexus IS - Features & Pricing - Pricing & Options

Cheez 03-18-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightshade (Post 5784196)
It's a separate item as an option.

Contents of the packages (and what is stand alone) is pretty clearly explained at lexus.com

Lexus IS - Features & Pricing - Pricing & Options

Oh, I didn't see that. I never really paid much attention there in the website before..:blush: thanks for the info.

Cheez 03-19-2009 10:06 AM

Anyone who owns the IS350 let me know if you have the headlamp washers or not. I just wanna see how many of you have this.

It would be nice to have headlight wipers too. I've seen some Mercedes models have wipers on the headlights. looked neat.

Razal 03-19-2009 05:56 PM

I've got it but I've never used it yet. Usually my car is too clean to use it! LOL

bartkat 03-19-2009 08:40 PM

I don't have them. The only option I have is 18" wheels.

cdeslandes 03-19-2009 10:15 PM

I have them. They're useful if you live in an area where it snows a lot, although headlight wipers like on my old Saabs were better. Useless in other areas.

METEORO 03-21-2009 12:19 PM

cool feature, have not seen one down here with that option. I thought it was part of the luxury package though?

Knightshade 03-21-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by METEORO (Post 5788359)
cool feature, have not seen one down here with that option. I thought it was part of the luxury package though?

Nope.

As I said you can see very clearly what is in each package at lexus.com.

The headlamp washers aren't part of any package.

I would suspect they'd show up more often pre-optioned on cars where they get snow and whatnot... most mfgs who do include them with a package do it with their "cold weather" packages...so it'd make sense this stand-alone is on some prebuilt cars in the northeast/midwest

Cheez 03-22-2009 07:19 AM

Thanks for the input guys.

hmm that makes sense. Places like California would not likely have this option pre-installed since it's hot down there and no chance of getting snow and stuff.. interesting.:popcorn:

aQuarius26 03-22-2009 09:48 AM

Im HL washer-less...
HID-less
Heated/Cooled Seat-less
Mark Levinson-less

:(
Really just wish I had the HID's...

Cheez 03-22-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aQuarius26 (Post 5789089)
Im HL washer-less...
HID-less
Heated/Cooled Seat-less
Mark Levinson-less

:(
Really just wish I had the HID's...

oh sorry to hear that. Your's is a pretty much stripped-down version huh?

I'm sure you got the car for good price.:popcorn:

EatatJoes 03-31-2009 10:59 AM

I got my IS350 used from an auto dealer in TN and the car was previously owned in NYC. It came with headlight washers as well as the luxury and sport packages. I'm guessing the headlight washers were on it bc it was from NYC.

I've liked them down where I am though I haven't had much of a use for them. The covers for the wipers are a liability though b/c they can come off.

Knightshade 03-31-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EatatJoes (Post 5802487)
I got my IS350 used from an auto dealer in TN and the car was previously owned in NYC. It came with headlight washers as well as the luxury and sport packages. I'm guessing the headlight washers were on it bc it was from NYC.

I've liked them down where I am though I haven't had much of a use for them. The covers for the wipers are a liability though b/c they can come off.

Not to bust your bubble, but the sport and luxury packages are mutually exclusive. You can't have both on the same car.

You can have one, then swap on most of the parts from the other, but it'd be kinda goofy... and quite a few things overlap both packages.

IS-F-I-Found 03-31-2009 11:16 PM

I have them on my F, but did NOT have them on my 350. TO be honest, unless the rain left terrible smears marks over my headlights, I can't imagine ever using them.