Credit App Filled Out - Deposit Put Down - Vehicle on Order :D - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Follower
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Credit App Filled Out - Deposit Put Down - Vehicle on Order :D

I will be receiving a brand new 2011 Lexus IS350 F-Sport Package w/ NAV w/ Park Assist sometime end of next week or so. The car is being shipped from east coast hundreds of miles away. I was told by my sales manager that I will be the only person with this model with F-Sport package in town ha ha

I will have trouble sleeping till I get the car..

Oh I'm so happy and excited.

It's a Tungsten Pearl with dark graphite wheels, simply awesome.

Can you please congratulate me?:D

cheez

'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
Cheez is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Geezer
 
bartkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Heart of Dixie
Posts: 52,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Congrats.

MOLON LABE
bartkat is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Immortal
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pittsbugh PA
Posts: 19,540
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
           
Sounds great! congrats and post up some pics when you get it.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
jasonm4 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Follower
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartkat View Post
Congrats.
Thanks bartkat! Feels great to come back to IS350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
Sounds great! congrats and post up some pics when you get it.
Thanks jasonm4444! My sales manager is estimating I should receive by end of next week. I will surely post up pics!

'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
Cheez is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Awesome! Love to see another F Sport join the club. You're gonna love it. everytimg I drive mine I feel like I'm on vacation! Looking forward to hearing how much you love it.
Mowse is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Follower
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowse View Post
Awesome! Love to see another F Sport join the club. You're gonna love it. everytimg I drive mine I feel like I'm on vacation! Looking forward to hearing how much you love it.
Thanks. My credit has been approved for low APR and the deal on the IS350 F-sport wasn't too bad. They weren't able bring down the price much because they are going to ship the car over from east coast. Oh well what matters is I'm getting the car! Oh I'm so excited. I don't think I can sleep well for the next several days.

'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
Cheez is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
You gonna put any F Sport mods on?
Mowse is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Follower
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowse View Post
You gonna put any F Sport mods on?
Got the car today!!! OMG... I'm in love with it.

I will be posting pics shortly!

Well, it already comes with mods such as F-Sport front lip, F-Sport grille, F-sport steering wheel, F-sport bading :D, F-sport wheels, Sport pedals!, F-sport suspension, etc etc. It's already loaded!

I will have clear bra on the front installed later...

And later on, I would do wht Knightshade recommends.... F-Sport Swaybar!!! it'll be completely set then.

'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
Cheez is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
Got the car today!!! OMG... I'm in love with it.

I will be posting pics shortly!

Well, it already comes with mods such as F-Sport front lip, F-Sport grille, F-sport steering wheel, F-sport bading :D, F-sport wheels, Sport pedals!, F-sport suspension, etc etc. It's already loaded!

I will have clear bra on the front installed later...

And later on, I would do wht Knightshade recommends.... F-Sport Swaybar!!! it'll be completely set then.

Congrats on the car!

Quick clarification though- the F-sport model (very confusingly for buyers) does not come with any F-sport suspension parts on it (cept maybe the wheels, which I suppose you can count as suspension)

It comes with what used to be the "sport package" suspension before they dropped the sport package- That is a 0.4 inch drop front, no height change rear, but stiffer shocks and, best (IMHO), stiffer linear springs.

The F-sport parts are a different set of shocks and the springs are a 1" and 0.8" drop respectively and are progressive springs, which I'm not a fan of.

(If you actually paid extra to add the F-sport shocks and springs then you can largely ignore the above info, but it sounded like you just got the F-sport package, which apart from the wheels has surprisingly few actual parts from the F-sport mod collection)

And very good call on the sways
Knightshade is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Follower
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
Congrats on the car!

Quick clarification though- the F-sport model (very confusingly for buyers) does not come with any F-sport suspension parts on it (cept maybe the wheels, which I suppose you can count as suspension)

It comes with what used to be the "sport package" suspension before they dropped the sport package- That is a 0.4 inch drop front, no height change rear, but stiffer shocks and, best (IMHO), stiffer linear springs.

The F-sport parts are a different set of shocks and the springs are a 1" and 0.8" drop respectively and are progressive springs, which I'm not a fan of.

(If you actually paid extra to add the F-sport shocks and springs then you can largely ignore the above info, but it sounded like you just got the F-sport package, which apart from the wheels has surprisingly few actual parts from the F-sport mod collection)

And very good call on the sways
Hey thanks for the congrats Knightshade.

So the stiffer and linear springs is the same as what used to be found in Sport pkg older IS350's? That I didn't know.

I could've sworn the back of the vehicle "looks" lowered too. The wheel gap is very small... I donno.. maybe I forgot how they look as I owned the '08 model a few years back.

Oh man I'm so excited.. thanks for the info on the F-sport mod springs actually are different than what comes with F-sport pkg.... I'll take some descent pics later when it's nice and dry outside. It's raining and getting a bit cold...


'07 Lexus IS350 Lux pkg - Purchased at 135k miles
Cheez is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
I added F- Sport front and rear sway bars as well as the F Sport air intake and exhaust. The sound is awesome!! The 5% HP bump might just a placebo but it "feels" faster than the 350s I've driven.

I swapped out the all seasons for a set of Hankook summers as well.

Considered the X brace but haven't heard anything good about it.

Considering a RMW tune. That is cheap HP.
Mowse is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowse View Post

Considering a RMW tune. That is cheap HP.
Not sure what you're talking about here? There's no such thing as a cheap tune for the 2IS that actually does anything (useful)...and the only RMW tune I know of is for mini coopers...
Knightshade is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
I was at the Dragon in NC in my Cayman S for the Mini weekend (I'm a former JCW owner and went with my club) and Jan did the RMW tune for me for $300. Felt/heard the difference immediately. Jan guessed I got a 15 HP bump but it feels like more. He said I would get better gas mileage as well.

I don't know if RMW cab do a Lexus tune but I plan to get in touch with Jan
to see if that's possible.

Jan is a terrific guy. And a busy one!
Mowse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communications systems jruhi4 my.IS Roundtable 16 04-27-2012 02:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome