User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Any F Sport package owners out there?

After owning 3 (yup that's right 3) IS300s I just bought a 2011 IS350 F Sport! Added the F Sport exhaust and air intake as well as the front and rear sways. Plus a set of Hankook summer tires as well. Good grief do I love this thing.

I keep looking for F Sport people here and see virtually nothing on this site regarding ISs with this option.

I would love to hear from anyone who has one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowse View Post
After owning 3 (yup that's right 3) IS300s I just bought a 2011 IS350 F Sport! Added the F Sport exhaust and air intake as well as the front and rear sways. Plus a set of Hankook summer tires as well. Good grief do I love this thing.

I keep looking for F Sport people here and see virtually nothing on this site regarding ISs with this option.

I would love to hear from anyone who has one.
Well, the option is new for 2011, so it's not surprising you don't see a ton of owners yet... it's basically the sport suspension used in the old, more full-featured, Sport Package (which is no longer offered) plus IS-F seats and a number of cosmetic touches like the badging and stitching.

Good call on adding the sways BTW, single best mod available for the 2IS IMHO.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got one... agreed on the "I love this thing" part, 'cause I love this thing too! :D

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

I originally went to the dealership when I heard the 350 now came in all wheel drive. I saw an F Sport 250 (no 350s on the lot) and loved it. They wheels are awesome. I sat in it and new I HAD to have one when I felt those seats. I drove it and loved the suspension/tuned steering too. So I rationalized that I could get by on snow tires and RWD for my Daily car in the Cleveland winter and began the hunt for a black or gray F Sport 350.

Along with the sway bars, I recommend the F Sport air intake and exhaust! Along with the power bump the sound is intoxicating. I never use my radio choosing the roar in each gear instead.

Also, drop $90 and get the F Sport shifter. It should have been part of the package (the literature claims it is) but fits perfect with the look and it feels great. The standard chrome covered shift knob doesn't look right in the F Sport interior.

The "other" car in my garage is a Porsche Cayman S 6 speed manual. Undriven since I got the 350 3 weeks ago. I swear the 350 would give the CS a run for it's money in a straight line race. I'm already thinking of a future with the next generation ISF replacing both cars!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-08-2011, 11:14 AM
Extremist

Porsche claims 4.9 0-60 for the Cayman S, which is the same time Road and Track put down in an IS350
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Porsche has a reputation for being notoriously conservative in what they claim their cars can do 0-60. I've read various publications that have claimed as fast as 4.4.....

That being said there's a Youtube vid of a Is 350 doing 0-60 in 4.6!!

Completely different cars though. The CS is sick in the curves.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 10:20 PM

I am new here, so here is what I have. I am a proud owner of a 2011 is350 f-sport. I have the ultrasonic mica blue one, like the one in the commercial. I am currently getting the f-sport intake and f-sport exhaust installed tomorrow. Can't wait. I was wondering if anyone has tried to put in a chip in their car. From what I am seeing online the chips can give you 60 extra HP. Just curious if it really works and is it safe to push the engine like that without blowing the motor if it does work. Any info would be great and if you are using a chip, what brand is it and are you satisfied with it? Thanks in advance
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 03:23 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

jimes, make sure you do ur research on the chip before you actually do it. Many chips from unichip for is300s and to audi chips have been notorious for making things unreliable.

03 5speed GGP
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 AM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimes350F View Post
I am new here, so here is what I have. I am a proud owner of a 2011 is350 f-sport. I have the ultrasonic mica blue one, like the one in the commercial. I am currently getting the f-sport intake and f-sport exhaust installed tomorrow. Can't wait. I was wondering if anyone has tried to put in a chip in their car. From what I am seeing online the chips can give you 60 extra HP. Just curious if it really works and is it safe to push the engine like that without blowing the motor if it does work. Any info would be great and if you are using a chip, what brand is it and are you satisfied with it? Thanks in advance

There are no "chips" for the ISx50. Anyone telling you they have one to sell you is lying to you. They're selling you worthless junk.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 11:28 AM

Thanks guys. I was looking at a gforce chip online. It sounds good but i was very skeptical about the product. Thats why i asked. If you put "chip for is350" in your search engine it should pop up. Check it out and see what's you think.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 04:19 PM
Extremist

Quote:
Thanks guys. I was looking at a gforce chip online. It sounds good but i was very skeptical about the product. Thats why i asked. If you put "chip for is350" in your search engine it should pop up. Check it out and see what's you think.
I think I just told you there are no chips for the 350.

The Lexus USDM ECU is encrypted and nobody can chip it.

Whatever crap they have on their website won't change reality.

The only tuning available is a full closed-loop piggyback system like a MAPECU3 or HKS F-con, which is $700-1500 depending on options and install. And on a naturally aspirated 2IS you'll pick up around 10 hp for your money.

Anybody selling a "chip" is either selling something that does nothing at all, or they're rebranding the old costs-50-cents-to-make-in-radio-shack-parts IAT-fooling resistor trick. (which works for the first 50-100 miles, then doesn't anymore, and even then doesn't add a ton of power)

Yup, all that said, I looked anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scam website
The GForce module installs into your LEXUS IS350's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor
They're not programming a damn thing. That's the IAT resistor trick. You can duplicate it for 50 cents in parts at radio shack... you'll feel a small hp increase for the first hour or two you drive, because it's lying to your ECU about the temp of incoming air, thus leaning out the fuel mixture... then after 50-100 miles of feedback from the O2 sensors the stock ECU tunes those changes back out and your car is back to stock performance again.

Even more obviously scammy- Their product description is identical for every car despite insisting they offer custom soltuions, they just find/replace the name of the car in the description.

Even better, the amount of gains claimed is identical for every single car. The list that same completely BS "up to 60 hp" claim for a Ford Fiesta as they do for an IS350.

Last edited by Knightshade; 05-31-2012 at 04:29 PM.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Sweet. Thank you for the info. I am just curious on how else you can get extra hp with messing with the warranty.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Extremist

Quote:
Sweet. Thank you for the info. I am just curious on how else you can get extra hp with messing with the warranty.
If you bought the car to mod for a lot more hp you bought the wrong car.

Would've been cheaper to just get an IS-F.

What you can do?

Intake- +5 hp ($125-$450 depending whose you get- Joe Z is $125 and does the same +5 hp as the expensive ones)

Exhaust- Depends how legal you want to be.

All the legal ones are axle-backs, and all add around 7 hp... price ranges from $200-300 ebay knockoffs to $600-700 good quality Tanabe, to $1200-1400 for F-sport and some others that are just louder.

If illegal is ok you can go with something like the Joe Z race exhaust and gain 10 hp instead of 7, pricing around $1500ish.

Headers- PPE is the only game in town worth discussing... 10-18 hp depending which dyno you believe, probably round $1000 coated and installed- also illegal in all 50 states just like the "full" exhausts.

So if you got everything you're looking $1325-$3000 and a gain of between 22 and 33 hp.

Oh, and you can do the piggyback ECUs I mentioned (MAPECU or HKS F-CON- the 2 installs I know of were each around $1400.... and that'll add another 10 hp)

If $ and warranty were no object you could drop 7-10k on all of the above plus a supercharger kit, and be looking at only coming up 30-40 hp short of what a stock IS-F makes... but I'd still recommend getting the F instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page