2IS Cell Phone Compatibility Check - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
The plot thickens...

My phone is NOT on the list, but I was able to pair it with no problems and it seems to work fine (although the blue tooth connection indicator says I have a very poor connection).

I am also unable to transfer the phone book, but I may have just have read the solution here. I'll know (and advise) when I get home tonight.
Razal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 06:56 AM
Cone Killer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razal View Post
The plot thickens...

My phone is NOT on the list, but I was able to pair it with no problems and it seems to work fine (although the blue tooth connection indicator says I have a very poor connection).

I am also unable to transfer the phone book, but I may have just have read the solution here. I'll know (and advise) when I get home tonight.
BlueTooth is an open standard, that is the beauty of it, so yes the phone will work, most if not all phones will connect. However, some of the functionalities may not be there.

With my Blackbeerry, the signal and battery level work. With my Treo, neither work, and it constantly disconnects (Treo issue), and with my Moto Q both work too. Now since all PDA type and use outlook for contacts, I cannot transfer my address book.

__________________

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
https://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815
METEORO is offline  
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by METEORO View Post
BlueTooth is an open standard, that is the beauty of it, so yes the phone will work, most if not all phones will connect. However, some of the functionalities may not be there.

With my Blackbeerry, the signal and battery level work. With my Treo, neither work, and it constantly disconnects (Treo issue), and with my Moto Q both work too. Now since all PDA type and use outlook for contacts, I cannot transfer my address book.

Temporarily foiled. Still cannot transfer the address book. I thought I read the solution by someone who had a Samsung phone (although not the same model as mine).

When I get to the "transfer screen" my phone automatically disconnects. Can't figure it out.
Razal is offline  
 
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 AM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,765
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razal View Post
Temporarily foiled. Still cannot transfer the address book. I thought I read the solution by someone who had a Samsung phone (although not the same model as mine).

When I get to the "transfer screen" my phone automatically disconnects. Can't figure it out.
I have the same issue with my BlackBerry. All other functions work great. So it looks like Lexus is at fault, not the phones.
cdeslandes is offline  
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Cone Killer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdeslandes View Post
I have the same issue with my BlackBerry. All other functions work great. So it looks like Lexus is at fault, not the phones.

The issue is with the format PDA's use to store the contact information. It is not compatible with the format lexus stores the information. Most PDA's use a format compatible with Outlook as typically you sync to your computer address book or your server address book.

__________________

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
https://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815
METEORO is offline  
post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by METEORO View Post
The issue is with the format PDA's use to store the contact information. It is not compatible with the format lexus stores the information. Most PDA's use a format compatible with Outlook as typically you sync to your computer address book or your server address book.
So, go ahead and just say it...

"Stop being lazy and put the entries in manaually". LOL
Razal is offline  
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Cone Killer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razal View Post
So, go ahead and just say it...

"Stop being lazy and put the entries in manaually". LOL
You said it! Not me

That is what I ended up doing, but just a few contacts, the ones that I use the most.

__________________

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
https://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815
METEORO is offline  
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 10:41 AM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: From NYC to Etobicoke Yo!
Posts: 787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by METEORO View Post
You said it! Not me

That is what I ended up doing, but just a few contacts, the ones that I use the most.
The amount of time I spent fiddling with it, I could have put the phone book in twice!!! My wife says it is just a poor excuse to spend more time in the car!
Razal is offline  
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
          
My iPhone wasn't on the list but it works, however my Sony Ericsson S500i doesn't work. I kept getting connection failed after I input the passcode in everytime. Sometimes my Sony Eericsson S500i can't even detect the lexus handsfree singal. (2 out of 10) Hopefully someone can help me to set up the bluetooth with my Sony Ericsson phone.

Thanks
GofastIs350 is offline  
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Deity
 
IS-F-I-Found's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 14,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
           
Any I-phone users out there?
IS-F-I-Found is offline  
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Cone Killer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-F-I-HOPE View Post
Any I-phone users out there?
iPhone, blaw...come over from the dark side! Get an Instinct, costs less and it is just as functional, if not more than an iPhone.....

Yes, this is a shameless plug for the Instinct.


BTW, it connects effortlessly with the IS. Gotta try sync'ing the address book...

__________________

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
https://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815
METEORO is offline  
post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Deity
 
IS-F-I-Found's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 14,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by METEORO View Post
iPhone, blaw...come over from the dark side! Get an Instinct, costs less and it is just as functional, if not more than an iPhone.....

Yes, this is a shameless plug for the Instinct.


BTW, it connects effortlessly with the IS. Gotta try sync'ing the address book...
I'm intrigued.
IS-F-I-Found is offline  
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Cone Killer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-F-I-HOPE View Post
I'm intrigued.
Go to a store, you will not be disappointed.

If you had a Sprint account, I would lend you mine for a month or so. I have other phones that I can connect on my line.

BTW, it does transfer the contacts from the phone to the car, only drawback is that you have to do it one by one. I have not figured out how to transfer the entire address book yet.

If the IS had the Bluetooth capability for video, the Instinct would be able to transmit video from Sprint Tv to the display screen...bummer.

__________________

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
https://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815
METEORO is offline  
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Deity
 
IS-F-I-Found's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: U.S.
Posts: 14,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by METEORO View Post
Go to a store, you will not be disappointed.

If you had a Sprint account, I would lend you mine for a month or so. I have other phones that I can connect on my line.

BTW, it does transfer the contacts from the phone to the car, only drawback is that you have to do it one by one. I have not figured out how to transfer the entire address book yet.

If the IS had the Bluetooth capability for video, the Instinct would be able to transmit video from Sprint Tv to the display screen...bummer.
Have never had good luck with Sprint, I'm really liking ATT's 3G network. And I like that the I-Phone uses wifi to save data costs etc. But I will check out the phone.
IS-F-I-Found is offline  
post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Cone Killer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS-F-I-HOPE View Post
Have never had good luck with Sprint, I'm really liking ATT's 3G network. And I like that the I-Phone uses wifi to save data costs etc. But I will check out the phone.
Data costs? Its not unlimited??????? That kinda sucks

__________________

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
https://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815
METEORO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome