2007 Lexus IS350 ML Package navigation touchscreen stop responding/working - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hey

this issue happen to me a year ago...the touch features stopped..just like that
when i went 2 the agency the said it will cost you 17k AED around US 4600
someone send me to small shop in Sharjah and fix it with 900 AED around US 250 lol..
he changed the the screen with that amount and since that time its working well...

I'm living in UAE by btw and my car is is300 07 maybe its weird to you but the gulf specs came like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 08:59 PM

OK, so I had my screen replaced too but now my touch screen is off. For example, if I press Radio preset number 1 it will choose number 3. Does anyone know how to align the touch screen?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Lurker

HELPPPPPPPPPPPP guys.

Frozen Navigation Screen Fix DIY - Page 6 - Club Lexus Forums

2002 BMW 325I - Sold
2004 BMW X3
2007 Lexus IS350 - Stock for now..

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 AM

Same Problem, Different Model

My 2007 IS350 just encountered this problem as well, so I figured I would post here to add to the disgruntled customers. I have around 47,000 miles on this car, so this is pretty disappointing. What makes it all worse is a dealership replaced this unit WITHOUT NEEDING TO a year and a half ago. I am going to call this dealership and ask them to pay the 800 dollar cost (strange that my bill is lower than the average as I am taking it to a Lexus Dealership.)

We'll see if Lexus takes responsibility for this considering my unique situation, but I certainly think an essential piece of the car breaking after 4-8 years of limited use is absolute crap no matter how you view this. If Lexus wants to keep their reputation in tact, they should pay for repairs to obviously shoddy technology they placed in their vehicles.

We pay a premium for Lexus vehicles, so we should receive premium piece of mind and premium service. This is the least they can do when their competitor, BMW, pays for all service (even oil changes) on their cars. We'll see how my situation ends up being resolved... I will be fighting this, though.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

To be fair, BMW pays for "all service" because they charge you $8000 more for a similar car (see other threads where I've done 350 to 335i comparisons, or 250 to 328 ones, that's about the price gap with similar options), so they can afford to do a few hundred bucks in "free" oil changes.

That said, no way I'd own a 2IS without extended warranty, and doubly so for nav... Unlike BMW (HPFP anyone?) the failures aren't ones that keep you from driving the car (touchscreen going out, dash needle lights dying, ML subs going out) but they're stupidly expensive to get fixed on your own dime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS350 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page