post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger08 View Post
I have bit my tongue long enough.

No one recommends shops because, they do not want to be blamed for the referral if it goes bad. There is even unsatisfied customers from Bulloch.
that's too bad. i find the forum full of useful information ... you guys have always helped me out whenever i have a question. but this world is all about 'buyer beware'. so if people are worried about being blamed for a bad reco and hence not posting/sharing, then that, sadly, defeats the purpose of the forum.

lilaki
'02 SX IBP - RIP
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek01 View Post
thanks. I'll try him out let you know what I think.

pls do post back if you go to anyone in the west end. i'm from etobicoke and have been driving to bullock city. great shop but FAAAR ... and not convenient if i want to drop off my car and head into my office (in mississauga). for the record, i won't hold you personally responsible for a reco!

lilaki
'02 SX IBP - RIP

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Maverick

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

^^^^ Ditto what Lilaki said. Bullock is great but it is MILES away. I'd love to get someone in the West End since my office is in Oakville!

Mikster
'17 BMW F80 M3 / Alpine White / 6MT / ZCP / BAVSOUND / COCOMAT
'15 BMW F80 M3 / Alpine White / 6MT / BAVSOUND / COCOMAT

SOLD:'03 IS Black Onyx LSD / 5spd / JOE Z / TRD / ALPINE / AMSOIL / EIBACH / BILSTEIN / HARDRACE / BLITZ / TUNEDPARTS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sqoɾ ǝʌǝʇs - "┐plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ǝƃuɐɥɔ oʇ ǝɔuɐɥɔ ɐ ʇuɐʍ noʎ op ɹo 'ǝɟıl ɹnoʎ ɟo ʇsǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɹǝʇɐʍ ɹɐƃns llǝs oʇ ʇuɐʍ noʎ op"
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Fiend

hey guys,

FWIW, i went to nihon auto yesterday for an oil change. i called in the middle of the afternoon and roman told me to come on in any time. they have pretty good hours - 8-6 pm on weekdays, 8-12 pm on saturdays. i was in and out within 40 minutes. there's a computer in the waiting room and a window into the shop so you can watch them work on your car. there's a price list on the wall of the waiting room. i don't remember the exact prices but i don't recall them being super expensive either. i think the hourly rate is slightly more than bullock ... and other than the bonus of nihon being closer to me than bullock ... there's a tim hortons across the street and the mississauga chinese centre is also nearby. so you're not trapped like you are at bullock if you've got to wait. for regular oil changes, i used to take my car into dixie toyota ... but even with an appointment, i would regularly wait 1.5 hours. so i was pretty impressed with nihon. it's also nice to know that roman has a lexus and the guy working on my car also owns an IS300.

digger - thanks for the reco. and no, i won't hold you personally responsible.

lilaki
'02 SX IBP - RIP
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Guru

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Good to hear.

Thanks for the follow up.

Digger08
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:50 AM
The Furious

I will try them next time just for the oil change and make a decision whether I will go back for other work based on that. Thanks Lilaki

©2006 my.IS
She went stealth mode cuz batwoman. - Johnnysks

'03 IS300 Crystal White on Black Premium Package
Eibach | Tokico | Work | Sumitomo | Stock Fogs! | Pioneer | 35% | Centric

I am not "Bro", "Dude" or "Man" :P:P

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 08:03 AM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexuriuz View Post
I will try them next time just for the oil change and make a decision whether I will go back for other work based on that. Thanks Lilaki
yep - that's exactly what i did.

lilaki
'02 SX IBP - RIP
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 04:00 PM
Guru

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Just a quick bump.

I had some service done today (brake pads) to the IS F at a new place today in Streetville...in the west end. I was a little hesitant to service my IS F and Brembo's just anywhere, but decided to give this new service place a shot.

It was outstanding!

A former Lexus master mechanic (20 plus years) has opened a shop in the west end, and he has been coming out to the monthly meets (just cause he is interested in the cars) not to solicit business.

I made an appointment in advance, and he went to work straight away.

For anyone looking for a new place to service Lexus vehicles, who is experienced with our vehicles, keeps appointment times, with no waiting and screwing around with prices and quotes. He tells you straight up, and charges reasonable prices for service.

I highly recommend Rick's shop. You will not be disappointed.

Rick Pike
Aussie Auto Inc.
65 Tannery St. (Erin Mills Prkwy & Britannia)
Streetsville
905- 858-2886
[email protected]

Digger08

2008 IS F Series 2/ Mercury Metallic 1F2/ Joe Z/ aFe/ Garax 6K/ Volk VR G2 19"/ F-Sport Rear Sway/ ISS Forged DES/ BCR/ Beatsonic
2012 CT200h Fire Agate Pearl
2001 IS300 Solar Yellow -SOLD
2001 IS300 Black Onyx -STOLTed - SOLD
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Fiend

has anyone heard of Radek? from .:RS Tuning.ca Skyline Tuning - VW/AUDI Tuning
Everyone says he is the man for 2JZ-GTE, and skyline engines/nissan engines..
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Just a quick bump.

I had some service done today (brake pads) to the IS F at a new place today in Streetville...in the west end. I was a little hesitant to service my IS F and Brembo's just anywhere, but decided to give this new service place a shot.

It was outstanding!

A former Lexus master mechanic (20 plus years) has opened a shop in the west end, and he has been coming out to the monthly meets (just cause he is interested in the cars) not to solicit business.

I made an appointment in advance, and he went to work straight away.

For anyone looking for a new place to service Lexus vehicles, who is experienced with our vehicles, keeps appointment times, with no waiting and screwing around with prices and quotes. He tells you straight up, and charges reasonable prices for service.

Rick Pike
Aussie Auto Inc.
Streetsville
905- 858-2886
[email protected]

Digger08
Thanks for the info Digger!!

Great to hear we have a place in the west end...hoping to check him out soon.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 06:09 PM
Lurker

Great to hear, I had no doubt. Rick is a great guy.

I'll be taking my car to him soon too.

2005 Lexus IS300"DD"
1984 Porsche 944 "Track rat"
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Maverick

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Just a quick bump.

Rick Pike
Aussie Auto Inc.
Streetsville
905- 858-2886
[email protected]

Digger08
With a name like "Aussie Auto"...are they really good at our cars?

Mikster
'17 BMW F80 M3 / Alpine White / 6MT / ZCP / BAVSOUND / COCOMAT
'15 BMW F80 M3 / Alpine White / 6MT / BAVSOUND / COCOMAT

SOLD:'03 IS Black Onyx LSD / 5spd / JOE Z / TRD / ALPINE / AMSOIL / EIBACH / BILSTEIN / HARDRACE / BLITZ / TUNEDPARTS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sqoɾ ǝʌǝʇs - "┐plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ǝƃuɐɥɔ oʇ ǝɔuɐɥɔ ɐ ʇuɐʍ noʎ op ɹo 'ǝɟıl ɹnoʎ ɟo ʇsǝɹ ǝɥʇ ɹǝʇɐʍ ɹɐƃns llǝs oʇ ʇuɐʍ noʎ op"
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 05:50 PM
The Furious

I would like to check out Aussie Auto, how are their prices? I met Rick at the meet, seems like a cool guy. Beats driving out to Bullock. I stopped that a while ago anyway.

©2006 my.IS
She went stealth mode cuz batwoman. - Johnnysks

'03 IS300 Crystal White on Black Premium Package
Eibach | Tokico | Work | Sumitomo | Stock Fogs! | Pioneer | 35% | Centric

I am not "Bro", "Dude" or "Man" :P:P

post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

He is from Australia not works on them , he worked on JDM cars for Toyota.
Otherwise he would only be working on Holdens and i have never seen one here , have you ?
He's been at a Lexus dealer for 20 years working on Lexus' only , so you would think yes he is " good at our cars ".
In fact i used to take my other Lexus ES to him in the 90's to be serviced .
He is by far more than trustworthy and is more than honest in what is happening and needs to be done. No gouging on pricing or guessing.

He has a oil change special from what i recall , $25 or $30 with oem filter ,taxes in .
I was there today to get my brakes done , and have been there for tons of other work , like front brakes , rear suspension arms , bushings , driveshaft adjustment , tire swaps , changing my rad , alternator and the list goes on . Also he has a full techstream program for data acquisition just like the dealers computer and software . the only difference between him and the dealer is your butt is not sore when you leave . Oh yah and no car wash . Ive referred atleast 30 people to him and they keep sending more of there friends to him as well because its nice to have someone who knows what they are
doing and is honest with everything including pricing. You get your car back the way it came in , no damage , no mystery stains and no curb rashed wheels from joy rides .
I gave up on Andy at bullock a while ago when he charged me $900 for 5 hours work to change my starter and 2 mounts never mind had me waiting for 3 hours for an 11am appointment before he started the car . So it was lots of fun keeping my 3 year old busy for that time.

Then i sent a car to get body work done last week as he used to be amazing at paint . Key word "was" amazing . Now he is just average , with pits and dust and fisheyes in the paint . He over sprayed the whole car and i had to spend 5 hours high speed polishing it to remove it . Then used the wrong masking tape which pulled off the clear coat on the old paint. But the best part was the huge chip of paint on the edge of the hood that was lifting that he tried to deny was even there even when he knew it was there and told the clear bra guy to do it anyways , i guess hoping to cover it and the owner would not see . I was not impressed and neither was the owner of the car but he was glad he spent the money to pay for me to inspect the car before payment . Oh yah and the metallic flake used in the paint code was wrong so you see large grey areas where the paint started to settle in the can and shows blotchy . I expected perfection for $3000 just for a hood bumper and 2 fenders and 2 strips over the rear wheels . It was only a 1800 job as it had way too many deficiencies and excuses .

I'm not that guy ............

Think before you type because this isn't a conversation and you will be taken the wrong way .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)