Lexus IS Forum

Lexus IS Forum (https://www.my.is/forums/)
-   Canada (https://www.my.is/forums/f122/)
-   -   Independent Garage in Etobicoke or West Toronto (https://www.my.is/forums/f122/independent-garage-etobicoke-west-toronto-406088/)

ek01 01-28-2010 05:06 PM

Independent Garage in Etobicoke or West Toronto

Hi Guys:

Can anyone recommend an independent garage in the west part of Toronto or even central Toronto. I took my car to a guy in Markham last time and although he did a great job it's too far for me. Thanks in advance.

Crester 01-28-2010 05:15 PM

You looking for one with Lexus associations? Or just a mechanic in general that is trustworthy and can work on these cars?

ek01 01-29-2010 05:26 AM

I have a very basic 2007 IS250 and want a trustworthy mechanic for regular maintenance.

Dipped-in-high-octane 01-29-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ek01 (Post 6108906)
I have a very basic 2007 IS250 and want a trustworthy mechanic for regular maintenance.

im sure there is good shops out there but... its really worth the distance driving to markham to bullock cit.. if youur doing more then just an oil change...
im in mississauga.. and i wouldnt hesitate to drive to markham for top notch service. ( so i have received and others can vouch.. however i do hope you find what your looking for.)

lexusecutive 01-29-2010 07:17 AM

1) its worth the drive to Bullock City
2) you should have fun driving in your IS250 going there!
3) putting mileage on your car is all apart of the ownership experience!
4) the IS250 is so efficient with fuel!
5) you own a Lexus and fuel costs shouldn't be an issue!

Dipped-in-high-octane 01-29-2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexusecutive (Post 6108939)
1) its worth the drive to Bullock City
2) you should have fun driving in your IS250 going there!
3) putting mileage on your car is all apart of the ownership experience!
4) the IS250 is so efficient with fuel!
5) you own a Lexus and fuel costs shouldn't be an issue!

that Cheesey line sounds alot like.. mr cuddleparties...LOL

lexusecutive 01-29-2010 07:57 AM

LOL!

yes. it does.

does this sound better?

2) driving your IS250 should bring you pleasure

you have to forgive me, I'm a pops now.

lexuriuz 01-29-2010 08:09 AM

lol

I think this is the 50th thread I've seen with the same question posted.

Search FTW?!

Dipped-in-high-octane 01-29-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexusecutive (Post 6108965)
LOL!

yes. it does.

does this sound better?

2) driving your IS250 should bring you pleasure

you have to forgive me, I'm a pops now.

Much better + rep.LOL

some may call that ass kissing.. i call it accepting criticism in a professional manner.. hows mrlittlelexusexecutive? tainting his nightly bottle with some octane booster from gerber?..lol

ek01 01-29-2010 07:31 PM

So I'm concluding that no one can help with a referral to a western gta mechanic.

turboa 01-29-2010 07:34 PM

Hmm well one place I can recommend from an alignment stand point is AL Tech. The guys there seem pretty honest and respectable. They deal with alot of high-end cars. Last time I was there they were servicing an Aston Martin.

Unfortunately I can't give a real review of how they are as mechanics but they might be worth a try. They're out in Etobicoke.

Crester 01-29-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ek01 (Post 6109576)
So I'm concluding that no one can help with a referral to a western gta mechanic.

Is that the conclusion you reached after sifting thru the "humour"???

The thing is... there aren't that many garages that are known for Lexus work overall... and then the few that are seem to be concentrated in the Markham area.

The only shop with Lexus connections I remember that is NOT in the Markham area is... not close either. I think it's in or near Oakville. :(

Maybe somebody should look into creating a garage to service vehicles in West Toronto/Mississauaga!

digger08 01-29-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ek01 (Post 6109576)

I have bit my tongue long enough.

No one recommends shops because, they do not want to be blamed for the referral if it goes bad. There is even unsatisfied customers from Bulloch.

You can check out Nihon Automotive Mississauga for Automotive / Car Service and Repairs in Mississauga with fully licensed technicians - he is a Club Lexus member - These are the older more senior type of members.

They have a pretty good reputation, as far as I know. I have never used them, but met him at a meet one night and he seemed like a good fellow.

I'm afraid you will have to be the brave one, try him out, and start a recommendation here to everyone else. Someone has to stop following the crowd.

They have CAA accreditation, which is not that easy to get.

There's your answer.

I have my own mechanic in Mississauga. This is a relationship I forged on my own, through trial and error.

You may have to do the same.

Digger08

ek01 01-30-2010 11:53 AM

thanks. I'll try him out let you know what I think.

glad76 01-30-2010 12:27 PM

there is a guy in brampton who has lexus experience. I remember a member on the board saying he's decent..

Orenda Auto - Home