2001 IS300, key reprogramming. - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Follower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Exactly....its not a need to know or not. Its a matter of if it can be done on 01 ecu's? If you have some info on doing it than i dont see what the secret is and why you wont share it. I know of people reflashing certain ecu's but supposedly the 01's cant be done to allow new keys to be programmed to it.

'02 GGP Manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Deity

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Hmm, Ricky has a 01, and he indicated it was possible. Better let him chime in.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Follower

http://www.locksmithcharley.com/transponder.html
http://www.a-1mobilelockandkey.com/l...ngservice.html

'02 GGP Manual

Last edited by bufferdan; 09-03-2010 at 07:27 AM.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Aficionado

I have an '01 too and was able to program another key. Have a look at these two threads:
https://my.is/forums/f93/get-replacem...e-help-416634/
https://my.is/forums/f90/diy-key-repr...93/index9.html

2001 IS300 C-package - sold :(
2006 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD
2007 ES350 Premium
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

sorry but this is kinda off topic
where did you guys buy your keys?
and where did you get them cut? (GTA im assuming)
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

For those still interested (or struggling)

I have been trying to get this done for the past week!

I have a 2001 IS300, and the FOB I was trying to program was passed on to me from a friend of mine (from his old IS300 that was traded-in)... so, it was "used".

I was able to easily get the key to open and turn on the car, but, the alarm/remote functions would not take. Turns out, the previous instructions (for my application) were slightly off... when cycling the locks 5-times, do it MANUALLY (i.e. opening/closing the lock knob right next to the chrome door handle) on the driver's side door lock only - NOT the electric switch (which opens/locks all doors)...

HERE'S WHAT WORKED FOR ME:

Remote Programming
1. Close and lock all doors. Unlock and open drivers door.
2. Put key into ignition and remove. Do not turn it on.
3. Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door*, Lock and unlock 5 times. (Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)
*note, only the driver's door is being locked/unlocked - no other door locks should be
moving, opening or closing.
4. Close and open drivers door.
5. Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door*, Lock and unlock 5 times.(Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock, Lock, Unlock)
*note, only the driver's door is being locked/unlocked - no other door locks should be
moving, opening or closing.
6. Put key into ignition. Turn to "ON", turn off and remove.
7. You will see the door locks cycle by themselves.
8. On the remote, Press and hold Lock and Unlock button at the same time for no more than 2 seconds.
9. On the remote, press the Lock button for no more than 1 second.

At this point, I closed the door and hit the "lock" button on the alarm, and the remote worked!!!, then hit "unlock" on the remote to make sure, and it still worked!!! Re-opened and closed the driver's door to close/stop the process.

Hope that helps those out there still trying to get this done.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi, this is my 1st post, I'm new to this forum. Thanks for the add. And I'm also a new Lexus owner. Well actually new... used. I just bought a 2001 is300.

It only came with one key. So, I sent the ECU in to be flashed and had a new key cut and made for it.

But I am having the worst time trying to program any other master keys, or get the remote fob to work.

Like I said, the ECU was flashed and a new master was made for it. But I can't seem to get the car in program mode. No matter which method I try. A few different ones on this forum.

If I put the "unprogrammed" key in the ignition, the security light doesnt flash or come on. If I try to start the car with it, it just cranks over but don't start. I know that's what it's supposed to do. Then I put the master key in but the security light does not go off. It will go off when I turn it to start the car, and the car does start.

But it will not go into program mode. And when I lock the car, it doesnt automatically arm the security system. The light doesnt blink or anything.

I've tried getting into program mode to enable the fob - lock/unlock/trunk etc and it doesnt do that either.

I've checked all the inside fuses. I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for reading all that and your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > Canada

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page