Lexus IS Forum banner

What is this plug for?

951 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Posh469 
#1 ·
I had recently pulled out the little switch panel cover beside the steering wheel of my 2002 IS300 and I'm wondering what this connector is for. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I recently bought seat heater switches and found they work on my car and im wondering what this is so I can buy a switch and see if it potentially might work

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I did a dash swap not too long ago and I was wondering the same thing for that plug.
I figured out lexus/toyota puts a wiring harness in for every option, even if the car doesnt have that option.
For example my car doesnt have heated seats, when doing the dash swap I noticed the wires and plug ins were there for the heated seats option, right next to traction control/snow. So at first I thought the same thing "If I buy just the heated seat switch/button do you think they were would?! Well, no. Because my seats aren't heated. :laugh: But if I swapped heated seats and bought the switches they would work.
So, like stated above. I found that it was for the rear fog option, but our cars in the U.S. didnt have the rear fog option. So I guess if you bought the switch and bought some tail lights from an is200 they would work? Just a guess, I wouldnt see why it wouldnt work though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.