User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Weird problem! Canít figure it out!

My ABS light is on, trac OFF flashing and BRAKE is on. You might be thinking ďanother speed sensor problemĒ but I donít know! I went to my mechanic he hooked up his fancy snap on scanner and my car had NO ABS FAULT CODES. I donít know what the hell is going on. It had a fault code on the airbag because my airbag light is on but idk what airbag is causing that issue. Yes i know it mightíve been stupid on my part to not check what airbag is causing that problem but whatever.. my question is do you think my airbag fault code is what is tripping my other lights to go off? At this point I donít know what else to think lol my fluids are all good, the fuse is fine.. Iím stumped yíall help a brother out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Bump..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2017, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Low voltage? Check the battery.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)

well ok so there are some dash lights, but what about the performance of the car? How is it running? Everything normal , or what? maybe just an ECU reset would get rid of the lights if everything is fine, and if they come back, then you do have a more real problem
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 02:16 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostdope2jz View Post
my mechanic he hooked up his fancy snap on scanner and my car had NO ABS FAULT CODES.
Great, but did he check for anything else? Any other codes anywhere else? Did he do any other diagnostics?

If the lights are flashing i would be surprised if there isn't a code throwing somewhere, but if you are only looking at the ABS you wont always see it.

It could be my OCD but personally i would be fixing the airbag fault to get that possibility out of my head. Flashing lights on the dash could be anything from a faulty sensor to electrical short to ECU/module. You need to start working through the problems you can see and fix and go from there.

2001 Altezza Gita JCE10
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostdope2jz View Post
My ABS light is on, trac OFF flashing and BRAKE is on. You might be thinking ďanother speed sensor problemĒ but I donít know! I went to my mechanic he hooked up his fancy snap on scanner and my car had NO ABS FAULT CODES. I donít know what the hell is going on. It had a fault code on the airbag because my airbag light is on but idk what airbag is causing that issue. Yes i know it mightíve been stupid on my part to not check what airbag is causing that problem but whatever.. my question is do you think my airbag fault code is what is tripping my other lights to go off? At this point I donít know what else to think lol my fluids are all good, the fuse is fine.. Iím stumped yíall help a brother out.
I would look into the red brake light first. Go back to you friend with the scanner. On the way pull the e brake handle up while on throttle. It should chime a warning. If no chime check switch for hand brake.
Unplug Brake fluid level sensor If it does not code for that change the abs module. If it does change the sensor if fluid level is correct.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

To all above posts.. my cars performance is normal.. nothing weird going on besides the obvious like no traction control.

We ran a full diagnostic, we had no codes besides my compressor being messed up and the airbag code.

Yes when I pull the ebrake up it chimes, no my brake fluid is not low. I will add that my ebrake is kinda wasted i guess you could say. It brakes a very SMALL amount. If you pull up the ebrake while your moving you will feel It trying to slow ur car down but it canít really do much.. can this be a reason for a abs light?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

You test e brake function by holding the brake pedal down while stopped then pulling hand brake lever up release foot brake. The car should resist being moved.
If the fluid level sensor is faulty It does not matter if the level is correct of not. That is why I suggested unplugging it and useing a scanner to see if it codes for level sensor circuit. Or just try replacing that sensor.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver31 View Post
You test e brake function by holding the brake pedal down while stopped then pulling hand brake lever up release foot brake. The car should resist being moved.
If the fluid level sensor is faulty It does not matter if the level is correct of not. That is why I suggested unplugging it and useing a scanner to see if it codes for level sensor circuit. Or just try replacing that sensor.
Yes it resists being moved.. and ok I will unplug the sensor and see if it throws a code Iíll get back to you guys !
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you figured out what is causing the problem with your lights being on, on your dash? I'm having the same exact problem with the same lights on and no performance issue at all and e-brake works just fine and also I don't have any airbag fault codes. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page