Suspension Parts w/sports or w/o sports - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Suspension Parts w/sports or w/o sports

I have a 2013 Is250 with 106k and plain on keeping it at least till 2022, I drive around 25k a year. I know it does not have the sports suspension package. I am planning on refreshing my rear-end suspension. My question is, if I get the F-sport springs should I than replace the suspension parts with the OEM parts that are w/sports. When looking at the parts diagrams there are a handful of parts that give you two options w/sports and w/o sports. The price is the same. I assume the w/sports are stiffer bushings. I am fine with the car as is but wouldn't mind the 1 inch drop of the f-sport springs since I just put 17's on it. My main concern is tire wear. I would rather get the f-sport springs and just keep all the rest of the suspension w/o sports. I may not need to replace all the parts, but if I get a LH sports part I would get the RH sports part, even if say only the LH is bad.

Previously I had 18's that where 225/40/18 all around and I had really bad inner toe wear on the rear tires. I am assuming it's mostly because I had the wrong tires in the back. After I put the correct staggered 17's in I took it in for an alignment and it was in spec, I hope it's going to be ok. I attached the alignment sheet incase anyone wants to give me their opinion on it.

Any other tips on keeping this car going above 200K are welcome. I get under the car monthly to check all the seals and bushings. I like to use OEM parts and do the work myself. I did this with my last car, a scion TC that I kept till 240k, a friend of mine still drives her.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf aligmeant.pdf (832.7 KB, 6 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page