User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Misfires + Bank 1 Lean, Vortech Supercharged IS300

Hey guys,

Long time reader, first time poster (as you can probably tell).

Been recently battling a problem with my 2002 IS300. It has the Vortech Supercharger kit installed running the UNICHIP that was supplied.

Some history of the car; Last year, I was battling an issue with multiple codes about CPS & MAF circuit and the car randomly shutting off and not restarting while driving. After replacing both CPS, MAF and sending the stock ECU out to get tested, I found out that it was the actual UNICHIP that was bad. I promptly had that replaced and all had been good.

The last few weeks, I've been having a random misfire. It is intermittent and comes and goes as it pleases. Codes are P0300, P0303, P0306, and P0174. Edit: I realized my title says bank 1, it's supposed to be bank 2.

I've already replaced all the O2 sensors thinking one could have been stuck, I've done plugs and coils, and we even replaced cyl 3 & 6 fuel injectors because while the car was missing, unplugging both changed nothing and if I unplugged either one while it was not missing, it had the same symptoms. There have also been no noticeable/find-able vacuum leaks and the MAF is new.

I'm currently at a complete loss as to where to go now. I just contacted unichip again to see if it could possibly be their unit causing the problem and am waiting for their response.

Any ideas?

Last edited by xsboredom; 01-17-2018 at 03:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page