User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

IS300 clutch and flywheel ideas

Hey I just bought a 02 is300 (162xxx) I need a clutch mine is pretty worn and I feel the fly wheel is toast I also have a winding noise when my foot is off the clutch (possibly a throw out bearing?) but I’m doing a timing kit change later this week along with the water pump and next week I’m hoping to get the new clutch in but I’m at a total loss to what to go with I don’t want to spend 2000$ on a oem dual mass flywheel I’ve been looking around and found Fidanza flywheels! Heard pretty good reviews about them but if I go with an unsprung flywheel what clutch should I go with!!! I’ve read ppl do mk4 Na Supra flywheels or sc300 flywheels but I’m at a loss!! Just trying to find a good set up my is is completely stock besides a k&n.. need some input lmk 💪🏼🤙🏻
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Ended up going with the MKIV Supra clutch
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 01:54 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)

good on ya for going mkiv. i truly believe that is the best option. i will be doing this once my clutch goes.

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesooohoppy View Post
good on ya for going mkiv. i truly believe that is the best option. i will be doing this once my clutch goes.
yea it’s been pretty good just hit 500 miles only thing I cannot figure out how to fix is the chirping noise which is kind of annoying but I’m just living with it at this point maybe I’ll see if anybody has input on here about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page