Gage lights are out! - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Gage lights are out!

Hey all. My ignition locked up several months ago. I don't know exactly what caused this...but I parked normally and then couldn't remove my key. My dad took my car into a local shop and they replaced the ignition. It has worked perfectly ever since BUT my gage cluster lights are now off. I noticed this right when i got my car back from the shop, but I didn't get a chance to go back to show them what was up. (I know...bad move on my part)
I was wondering if someone might know how I can figure this out on my own since I fear I've waited too long for the shop to help me.
The lights are out only where my gages are...but my check engine light and thr other message lights still work. My radio and a/c controls are still lit up, too. I just can't see my speedometer, odometer or my gas level at night, which is frustrating. What can I do to troubleshoot my lack of gage lighting? (Or is it "gauge"?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Cherisher

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)

This might be dumb, but your dimmer knob isn't turned all the way down is it?

Or maybe it was left unplugged. The first few steps to remove the bezel and check if its plugged in or not are in this tutorial: https://my.is/forums/f221/how-change-...s-pics-359216/

'03 Wagon - Stock
'02 Sedan - Not Stock

"There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want."
-Hiral

Last edited by blkdout; 06-21-2017 at 03:13 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi thanks for your reply! I'm sorry I didn't see it until now.
To answer your question, my dimmer switch is not turned to the left. But, maybe it was not reconnected when a shop did my ignition replacement? Do you have to disconnect the dimmer to replace an ignition though?

The only lights that come on when I turn my key to the ON position are these (see attachment). Those lights don't use the dimmer I assume which is why they work if the dimmer wasn't reconected by the stupid ass shop.

None on my center console work besides my clock, and the 3 knob lights (A/C, air flow thingy and the rear defroster light). NOTHING is illuminated near my gear shift. This sucks! I can't see how fast I'm going or which gear the car is in, or my gas level.

I will try to investigate this further. Thanks again for helping me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PicsPlay_1516010249140_1516010539058.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	116226  

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 06:12 AM
Enthusiast

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)

Take it to the shop. They screwed it up. You paid good money for a job the they did not finish by putting the car back together right. Don't let them get away with half a$$ work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page