Could polluted ATF be the problem? - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-03-2014, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Could polluted ATF be the problem?

I noticed a little lag in acceleration at low speeds (5ish mph) when slowing for a corner and then re-accelerating a while back. It's 2 - 3 seconds at most, intermittent and more frequent when it's extremely cold or hot. It's so subtle I haven't been able to tell if it's hesitation or the transmission. Originally I put it off as age. She's an '01 with 172K now. However, I am leaning towards the transmission as I replaced the radiator early this winter. I checked the fluid quickly as I did it outside in a freezing rain. When it was real cold it started to hear a low volume whine. I have checked rechecked the levels again and it's a little on the high side. I was surprised as I expected a lower level due to the radiator swap. Could the hesitation be due to the fluid level or the wrong ATF? I remembered I was in a jamb a couple of times and had to used Jiffy Lube. I am assuming that one of them capped it off too high &/or used the wrong ATF. Either way, I intend to flush it but, wanted to get a consensus from the group. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page