post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

cel p0440 x2, p0446.. wat do i do?

evaporation emission control system malfuntion p0440 x2
evaporation control system vent control circuit malfuntion p0446

Last edited by phucmang; 12-01-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

check the evap purge solenoid to see if it is cracked or unplugged. it is located on the back of the intake manifold secured by a 10mm head bolt. it has two vacuum lines on it and one plug. it will throw this code if it is not working or if it is cracked. it becomes brittle due to its exposure to heat, and when a person changed the spark plugs or does anything else near that area, it is very easy to break. good luck

YOU DONT DRIVE A PIECE OF JUNK SO DONT FIX IT LIKE ONE.

IF YOUR NOT GONNA DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, YOU SHOULDNT BE DOING IT AT ALL
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

could this be it?? i found this weird tube that had no hose to it, what is it for??
i noticed when i cold started the car today i would hear a hissing leak noise when i move the wheel to the right or left but it was only there when car was warming up..

i couldnt find the solenoid any chance there is a pic of it? i didnt remove the engine covor though cause i didnt have 10mm on me.. gaon remove covor tomorrow n see if i can find anything

Last edited by phucmang; 12-01-2009 at 09:26 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

those are there for nothing at all. alot of boosted guys use them to run boost sensors afross the front of the engine, but if you look at the other side of the engine, there is the other end of that very same pipe. you need to remobe the engine cover to finde what i was saying before. its very easy and you cant miss it. its lime green

YOU DONT DRIVE A PIECE OF JUNK SO DONT FIX IT LIKE ONE.

IF YOUR NOT GONNA DO THE JOB RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, YOU SHOULDNT BE DOING IT AT ALL
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Fiend

hmm thats weird, something is connected to the other hose on the oposite side wtf???
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

lol I threw this same pair of codes yesterday afternoon... as soon as I saw "evap" in the decription of the codes, I stopped worrying, used my scanner to clear the codes, and drove on my merry way. Evap crap is a stupid annoyance. I'll worry about it more if it keeps throwing the code, but I drove last night all the way to San Diego and back (like a three hour round trip) and no more codes.

-J. Arro
2002 Lexus IS300, Graphite Grey Pearl
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

ok i think i might of found the leak, if you look at the PCV valve that is blue it looks like it leaked oil around that spot befor but i cleaned most of it off.. i wiggled the PCV valve and it seems to be loose but i cant pull it out, i can wiggle it a good amount though.. do you think it could be this that is throwing the codes?

i also found another possible leak, if you look at this picture and look at that tube, the one on the opposite side is connected to a hose.. i am not sure if it is suposed to be connected to a hose or not but that hose is realy loose and i could easily pull it off. could this be what is throwing the codes??

i did find that solinoid thingy, is it a small black box in between 2 hoses? well i looked at all the hoses back there and i couldnt find any loose hoses or cracks but i didnt actualy realy get a look of where the hoses connected to cause the hood was in the way
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 10:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I feel your pain lol these P0440-441-446- kiss my bass �� I have replaced my gas cap and the evap solenoid thing in the trunk and still its throwing these codes, oh yeah and if you do take the time to replace the whatever valve in the canister in the trunk you will have to remove about 8 nuts from underneath the trunk area well don't replace the 3 that are a pain to remove lol oh yeah and get ready to lay in the trunk to work on the evap system bc it only raises up 5 inches of clearance to do the job and use pliers and gently bend it until the mounting bracket breaks and then zip tie it tightly and secure. Anywho I guess I'll try what y'all are suggesting here and see what that does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page