Immortal

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulturner911 View Post
P0442-small evap leak
Anyone have a vac diagram?
The car was boosted when I got it...just put it back to stock with an intake pipe..... LMK thanks
Here is a diagram of how it's layed out:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...f?t=1238372098

possible causes of P0442:
-fuel tank cap incorrectly installed
-fuel tank cap cracked or damaged
-vacuum hose cracked, blocked, damaged, disconnected(hose 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,10,11-see image above for hose #)
-fuel tank cracked, holed, or damaged
-chacoal canister cracked, holed, or damaged
-open or short in vapor pressure sensor circuit
-vapor pressure sensor
-fuel tank overfill valve cracked or damaged
-ECM

I see you said you just put your intake back to stock. I would verify the canister closed VSV is connected, which is located right by the stock air box(to the right as you look at the box). The bottom of the valve is supposed to be connected to the bottom of the air box with a short piece of tubing, and the connection(tubing) on the side of the valve goes back to the charcoal canister. I would verify that and check the gas cap to rule out the easiest. hope this helps.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD

Last edited by jasonm4; 09-09-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportFanatic View Post
Was driving in heavy rain today, once it dried out a bit, was going down a background, hit a nasty bump then car shut off. Was able to restart it no problems. CEL light came on, had it checked, it was p0715. Input Turbine Speed sensor. They said they can't clear it, will probably disconnect the battery in a few to see if it comes back.

Looking at rockauto it says i need two sensors, im assuming one is Input, other is Output. Where is the input speed sensor on the Auto transmission on an 01?

Easy to replace?
That's an input turbine speed sensor malfunction(DTC-P0715). I believe it's mounted on the front of the transmission but it's not easy to reach. FSM states to remove the rear floor boards but you may be able to reach it(not sure). If you had a wheel sensor messed up, then I would imagine you would have a ABS and/or trac light flash. The wiring may have been damaged or soaked from the water, who knows.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #78 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Immortal

Not too much of a diagrams, but you can download the FSM in the stickies in inside&out forum and general discussions forum. Sounds like faulty wiring.

https://my.is/forums/f90/lexus-is300-...ay2011-382793/

'02 IS300 MSM LSD

post #79 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Immortal

This code is not in the diagnostic section of the FSM, but it proves useful for much more. It's about the same size. Just see the link.

https://my.is/forums/f90/new-01-05-di...wnload-435090/

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #80 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Immortal

I'm pretty sure it's towards the front. I need to take a better look. Your malfunction is the input sensor.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #81 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

where can you find the plug for the obd2 reader? is it under the driver side or passenger? need help...

2003 BO E-Shift / SportDesign / Tein S / Tokico / SRT
post #82 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chue03sd View Post
where can you find the plug for the obd2 reader? is it under the driver side or passenger? need help...
The DLC3 port for the OBDII reader is on the driverside under the panel, right near the hood release. There's a black plastic cap you need to take off.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #83 of 181 (permalink) Old 10-25-2011, 06:13 PM
Frequenter

found it.. thanks.

2003 BO E-Shift / SportDesign / Tein S / Tokico / SRT
post #84 of 181 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 04:23 PM

Hey all, I'm fairly new to the forums and this will be my first post, please don't flame me before I get my feet wet D: Anyway I had two questions.

First, I ran my OBDII sensor about a week ago because the CEL came on, and the code came back "0". I tried again with the engine on and it still read "0". I checked the book and it said "0" means I have no codes stored, but the CEL is still on??? I'm stumped, I've never ran a scan that read "0" before on all the cars at my house. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tags expire in April. Car is an 2003 IS300 5spd.

Second, where do I go to introduce myself? I've been browsing around for quite awhile but the roadside assistance forum seems to be popping up quite often on the search. Is there a specific place where newbies such as myself can go to introduce themselves?

Thanks to all who help! I'm loving these forums btw, they're addicting..... O.O

Last edited by coccanutts; 11-16-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: More info...
post #85 of 181 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coccanutts View Post
Hey all, I'm fairly new to the forums and this will be my first post, please don't flame me before I get my feet wet D: Anyway I had two questions.

First, I ran my OBDII sensor about a week ago because the CEL came on, and the code came back "0". I tried again with the engine on and it still read "0". I checked the book and it said "0" means I have no codes stored, but the CEL is still on??? I'm stumped, I've never ran a scan that read "0" before on all the cars at my house. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Tags expire in April. Car is an 2003 IS300 5spd.

Second, where do I go to introduce myself? I've been browsing around for quite awhile but the roadside assistance forum seems to be popping up quite often on the search. Is there a specific place where newbies such as myself can go to introduce themselves?

Thanks to all who help! I'm loving these forums btw, they're addicting..... O.O
Welcome to the forum! Sometimes when a CEL is read 0, that may mean the ECM is bad. I would verify that your 7.5A OBD fuse in the kick panel is good and that you have the proper comm link. You are reading while the car is in the "ACC" position right? I know sometimes after a code has been reset recently and you try to scan for a code, it won't let you until you drive a couple hundred miles. Maybe try pulling the negative off the battery for 5 minutes and try again.

As far as introducing yourself, you may want to check out the IS owners forums and start a new thread.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #86 of 181 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
Welcome to the forum! Sometimes when a CEL is read 0, that may mean the ECM is bad. I would verify that your 7.5A OBD fuse in the kick panel is good and that you have the proper comm link. You are reading while the car is in the "ACC" position right? I know sometimes after a code has been reset recently and you try to scan for a code, it won't let you until you drive a couple hundred miles. Maybe try pulling the negative off the battery for 5 minutes and try again.

As far as introducing yourself, you may want to check out the IS owners forums and start a new thread.
Hey there! Thanks! Feels nice to get a response instead of just sitting here and reading responses haha. Yeah i have the proper comm link and the fuse is fine, its been about a week since I ran the second scan, maybe I'll try again and if that doesn't work I'll disconnect the battery. Thanks for the info and help!
post #87 of 181 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by coccanutts View Post

O.O
I have the exact same problem. I put the car back to stock and it has a CEL. I ran the scanner but it comes back "No codes found" yet the light is still on. I double checked all my smaller fuses. Any larger ones I should try?

Does a CEL on with no codes really mean a bad ECM?

o2' Black Onyx IS300 - Back to stock :( for now.
post #88 of 181 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS_BoostByPsi View Post
I have the exact same problem. I put the car back to stock and it has a CEL. I ran the scanner but it comes back "No codes found" yet the light is still on. I double checked all my smaller fuses. Any larger ones I should try?

Does a CEL on with no codes really mean a bad ECM?
One possibility is a bad ECM. I'm assuming your car is turned on but not running when you're checking with the scanner(as it should be), right? does the scanner link up and detect the car's computer?

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #89 of 181 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
One possibility is a bad ECM. I'm assuming your car is turned on but not running when you're checking with the scanner(as it should be), right? does the scanner link up and detect the car's computer?
Yes the key is turned to right before "start".

The scanner says "communicating with vehicle" and then after 10 seconds it shows "0 codes found"

o2' Black Onyx IS300 - Back to stock :( for now.
post #90 of 181 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS_BoostByPsi View Post
Yes the key is turned to right before "start".

The scanner says "communicating with vehicle" and then after 10 seconds it shows "0 codes found"
I also tried unplugging the battery for 5min and then ran my scanner again, still getting a "zero" read. I'll wait another 100 miles or so to run the scanner again. The weird thing is that the CEL went away as the scanner was trying to read the code, which is weird because I never touched the erase button. I'm pretty sure that'll come up again, but just thought I should add every bit of detail I can, my hood was also open when I was doing this.

Also updating about the scanner, its an Innova model, kinda old but gets the job done. I also met up with another is300 owner, and we discussed the problem I was having with the CEL, he said that I should try switching the gas caps, said mine had signs of leakage and might be the prime suspect in this whole CEL investigation. I'll probably be able to use my uncles gas cap, so I'll update on that when I get the chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page