car can barely accelerate, blinking CEL - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

car can barely accelerate, blinking CEL

ok guys so im having major engine problems and i would really appreciate any help as im really scared.

car has 152k on it. the check engine came on about 10 months ago and i got the codes read, came out to be a front o2 sensor and some weird one that had to do with a vacuum leak (p0505 and p0300 i think, ill get the exact codes when i get home). i didnt think anything of it until about a week ago i noticed the start to bounce back and forth on acceleration only at low rpm and particularly in higher gears. Now the problem has gotten way worse and i can barely accelerate, literally, and the cel now flashes when i try to accelerate and the problem happens. it feels like the clutch is slipping almost when i try to accelerate but ive tested that and the clutch seems to be fine. ehen i got the codes read about a week ago it showed no signs of misfire but it has gotten much worse since then. ive also heard a loud, sharp pop or crack when accelerating at two different times, almost so sharp i didnt think it was exhaust one time, it sounded like a crack but the second time was deff exhaust.

i barely have any tools when i live so im gona drive home this weekend to check it all out. i wamt ti clean out the tb really good, the maf, fix the 02, but what else should i check, like the valves, compression, coils all that stuff. if anyone has any input on what this could be coming from that woyld be amazing. thank you in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

the problem is i have to wait until this weekend to look at everything that requires more than a wrench amd then itll be another almost 2 weeks until ill get parts and be able to put them in so any info that could help me buy parts now like coil packs or what not what be amazing
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Lurker

What are the actual codes now? No one can tell you what are potential solutions until they know the problem. If the cell is flashing you should not be driving the car though.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 11:50 AM
Altruist

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

yes, when the CEL blinks its like the car telling you "dude, im not playing around here...STOP DRIVING ME!!!" you should NOT be driving around with that.

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Follower

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Sounds like you are running too rich, which can be caused my many things. I take it you have checked they easy stuff like air filter, air/vacuum/exhaust leaks.....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page