Bleeding clutch - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Bleeding clutch

As a last ditch effort to possibly squeeze some more life out of my clutch I was going to try bleeding it.

I recently purchased the car used from a dealership with 100k, though I've read on this forum twice that people reached almost 200k before replacing the oem one that came from the factory. I have no idea how the owner drove the car, how old they were, or if they let their kids drive it, but it did have a single owner.

The pedal height, free play, stroke and push rod play all seem within spec, as well as the release point ("grinding" reverse while in neutral and slowly pushing the pedal until it stops) according to fsm.

I was considering a cheapo like
  • Mityvac MV8000 Automotive Tune-up and Brake Bleeding Kit
  • HTOMT (ANB) 2 in 1 Brake Bleeder Kit Hand
but after reading some reviews am thinking maybe it's worth it to spend the extra money for something a bit more quality (esp since I can also use it for brakes, and on my daily which is a 5 speed that needs brakes and a clutch soon I'm sure)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mityvac.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	120737   Click image for larger version

Name:	61TTEZckDKL._SL1200_.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	120739  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 32 Post(s)

You know you don't have to buy any of that stuff right? Just get a friend to help you. All you will need is a water bottle and 2ft of the clear tubing. Doesn't get any cheaper than that
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 10:34 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH_71631 View Post
You know you don't have to buy any of that stuff right? Just get a friend to help you. All you will need is a water bottle and 2ft of the clear tubing. Doesn't get any cheaper than that

Also, stay way clear of the harbor freight one if you decide to go that route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page