Acceleration drops - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Acceleration drops

Greetings- I have very recently had some strange acceleration drops while driving. On the way back from school 2 days ago it the speed suddenly dropped with even pressure on the gas peddle. The RPM's dropped as well. I limped home and was too busy to address the issue. When I left for school the next day there were no issues. However on the way back the issue came back strong, requiring me to push the peddle all the way in to get speeds of 35 MPH with no RPM's over 2800ish.
I pulled over at a parts store to get it scanned and came up with 3 codes
P0980 - Shift Solenoid Control Circuit High
P0717 - Turbine/Input Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal
P2121 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Range/Performance

I have had the P0980 code for a while after I did a transmission fluid flush (used fluid from dealership, replaced fluid, not flushed) the mechanic said it was most likely debris that set off the sensor(which I believe since I have not had any slips in nearly year and a half since).

My question is if anyone has experienced any of these codes- I am having a difficult time finding info online for these that is relevant
Thanks!

2003 IBP IS 300

"Clean is the new mean"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 07:10 AM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroTrunks View Post
Greetings- I have very recently had some strange acceleration drops while driving. On the way back from school 2 days ago it the speed suddenly dropped with even pressure on the gas peddle. The RPM's dropped as well. I limped home and was too busy to address the issue. When I left for school the next day there were no issues. However on the way back the issue came back strong, requiring me to push the peddle all the way in to get speeds of 35 MPH with no RPM's over 2800ish.
I pulled over at a parts store to get it scanned and came up with 3 codes
P0980 - Shift Solenoid Control Circuit High
P0717 - Turbine/Input Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal
P2121 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Range/Performance

I have had the P0980 code for a while after I did a transmission fluid flush (used fluid from dealership, replaced fluid, not flushed) the mechanic said it was most likely debris that set off the sensor(which I believe since I have not had any slips in nearly year and a half since).

My question is if anyone has experienced any of these codes- I am having a difficult time finding info online for these that is relevant
Thanks!
The p2121 is your throttle issue. Replace the sensor or throttle body.
On the p0717 check your connections to the speed sensors on the tranny. If good, then get new sensors.
P0980 Yeah it may go away with a flush and sensor fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page