1999 Lexus IS200 Alternator Belt Issues - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 03:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1999 Lexus IS200 Alternator Belt Issues

I recently replaced all 3 belts in my Lexus IS200. In the midst of the replacement I broke the bolt that raises the alternator and tightens the belt around it. Now the belt is stretched out and is making a lot of noises in the engine. The issue is I've tried to find this bolt to replace it but I can't find the size of the two bolts needed to tighten this!

I know they are both 8mm x ?.

The two bolts I need are approx. the 8mm x 120 mm and the 8mm x 20 mm bolt that the long bolt pushes on the tighten. I'll add a picture later once I get back home. If someone has an IS200 and can provide a picture of the bolts I'm talking about so I can get a better look.

Hope this makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Lexus IS > Basic Help & Repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page