1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 115 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 05:43 PM
Loyalist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
I'm using pieces of the club NA-T / XS power kit. I have about 1000 miles so far no issues. The kit is very incomplete , the down pipe that came with it went in the trash, the manifold works but had to move the break lines out of the way , lots of fabrication went toward making everyone fit . At low boost no complaint. I had a professional instal so they pretty much rip the kit apart and replaced some things. I took the 13lbs spring out and put a 8lbs spring fromtial. I think the turbo manifold and wastegate are okay at low boost. The kit is just the manifold,turbo , wastegate ,BOV, and some oil feed lines and fittings . You will have to purchase everything else seperately. Get SRT if you can. My build could of been a train wreck if my shop didn't know what they were doing.
SE-Rious likes this.

01' IS300 2JZ-GTE Aristo Stock Twins (for now)~ Current
01' MSM IS300 NA-T [email protected]~ Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 115 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
Piece together your own kit. It'll be cheaper and it'll get built the exact way you want it to. Those injectors are too big and the wastegate is ebay (i think).
Ya its a 50mm ebay pos

02 MSM: 451 WHP Tuned by Darin
Bad decisions...good intentions
post #33 of 115 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max 1.6 View Post
Use the search function! Many guys are running this kit. It's worth the money if you know nothing about turbos. If you can shop around you will build a kit for less than that. Don't forget that buying this kit is not the only thing you will buy to go turbo.
i thought this kit comes with everything you would need to turbo an is300... ?

post #34 of 115 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 09:13 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshan55 View Post
i thought this kit comes with everything you would need to turbo an is300... ?
Read a couple posts up, I have already answered that.

Yes it is everything to go turbo.

But if you are looking for more than 350RWHP you need to uprade other things to your car. That being said it is not everything to go beyond that point.

02 MSM: 451 WHP Tuned by Darin
Bad decisions...good intentions
post #35 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-01-2011, 05:49 PM

NEED HELP! Is this good or not?

I have a 2005 is300 with 60,000 miles on it. Its an auto and I have wanted to boost it for the longest time. I don't want a monster just something fun to drive around. I have a little knowledge about boost but nothing major. After talking to a few people they recommended me a shop and this is what they sent me. My car is currently all stock and i need to know if this is a good deal, will it hold up, any flaws or concerns you guys see? They have said it'll take about a week. Thank you guys for your help!

From mechanic: The entire kit I can get for $2100. There are cheaper kits out there but I wouldn't be able to warranty them. The cheaper ones use universal fit parts that have to be cut and modified to fit. Also they are a lot lower quality and may crack under high temperatures. I'm only charging $1000 for labor since you were referred by another customer of mine! If you would like the car dyno tuned i would be able to that for an additional $1000! What i mean by this is computer and engine management by Greddy or the use of an SAFC. If you would prefer something else we could do that also. Dyno time would be included in that and would probably need the car for several more days to make an appointment with our dyno guy! The kit will be ok to drive on without the tuning and will be safe on low boost. The tuning is to get the maximum power on your setup while maintaining reliability for daily use. If you dont have the cash to do this right off the bat your setup will be just fine without the fine tuning!

TURBO KIT INCLUDE :

Lexus IS300 Front Mout Turbo Intercooler Piping Kit(JDM Sport)
Intercooler Piping are CNC Machine Mandrel Bent (Jp Design)
Made From High Quality 6061 Aluminum Material with Black finish.
Extra Thick Piping and Increased Air Flow
Light weight design. Made from Aluminum.(Increase 10-20 HP).
All TIG Welded 6061 Aluminum.
PSi Drop under 0.2. Other Intercooler usually drop 10Psi Some are More.
Comes with 4x Turbo Pipes, T Bolt clamps, Couplers and Various Accessories
Pipe comes with RS/S Type BOV flange already prewelded.

JDM Turbo Front Mount Intercooler (Godspeed)
Intercooler Piping are CNC Machine Mandrel Bent (Jp Design)
Made From High Quality 6061 Aluminum Material
Extra Thick Piping and Increased Air Flow
Light weight design. Made from Aluminum to increase 10-20 HP.
PSi Drop under 0.2. Other Intercooler usually drop 10Psi Some are More
Size: 28"x7.5"x2.5" Core: 21"x7.5" with 2.5" inlet/outlet

LEXUS IS300 2JZGE Stainless Steel Turbo Manifold (Godspeed)
High Quality T304 Stainless Steel material with CNC Machine Made
Made to withstand high temperatures without breaking.
Direct Bolt on to the block
Best Fitment with T04B T4 Turbochargers and 40mm or 50mm External Wastegates

T04B Wet Floating Bearings Turbocharger (Godspeed)
Oil Cool
CNC Machined Flanges 4Bolt Designed fit most After market Mainfold.
25 to 35 Psi Peak Power Performance Output Capability.(factory warranty).
Designed Usable for External Wastegate Applactions only
Compressor Specs:
3" Compressor Inlet
2.128" or 54.06mm Inducer
2.752" or 69.91mm Major
2" Compressor Outlet
Compressor .50 A.R.
Compressor 50 Trim
8 Blade Propeller Type
T4 Compressor Housing
Turbine Specs:
T4 Type Turbine
T4 4 Bolt Flange
2.539" or 64.50mm Exducer
Turbine 1.15 A.R.
Turbine 70 Trim
2.880" or 73.16mm Major
T4 Twin Entry Turbine Housing

LEXUS IS300 2JZGE Stainless Steel Turbo Downpipe (SSA)
High Quality T304 Stainless Steel material with CNC Machine Made
Made to withstand high temperatures without breaking.
Direct Bolt on to the Exhaust
Best Fitment with T04B T4 Turbochargers

50MM External Wastegate(JDM Sport)
CNC billet aluminum T6061 housing for heat disbursement
4 Bolt Flange set up for turbo applications.
Inconel base housing with forged stainless steel valves construction
Heavy duty actuator diaphram withstands temperatures up to 490 degrees celcius
High temparature silicone reinforced actuator diaphragm inner design
Weld-on flanges are included with every kit.
Wastegates includes steel hardware bolts.
Boost adjustable with use of any high performance boost controller.
External wastegates are commonly used for fast spooling and keep back pressure to a minimum and still regulating boost levels more precisely than internal wastegates in high power applications, where high boost levels can be achieved.

RS Type Blow Off Valve
This Blow Off Valves Are Easily Adjustable To Prevent Both Premature Boost Leakage And Compressor Surge.
The Spring Stiffness Adjustment Screw And The Two Different Size Give The User The Option To Match Vehicle
With Mild Upgrades To Heavily Tuned Engines
It Can Hold Up To 1200HP Or 25 PSI Of Boost Pressure
For All Turbo Application

Turbo Feed Oil Line Kit (Alliance)
Made Out of High Quality Aluminum
Oil Feed Line for turbo
Improves Turbo Oil Cooling for all Engine types
Steel Braided to withstand High Preussure and also withstand Extreme Heat
1/8 NPT Fitting as require for Most TO4B Turbo application

Oil Drain/Return Line
Made Out of High Quality Aluminum
Oil Return Line made for turbo
Helps circulate oil from the turbo to the oil pan
All components are included for fitment
Steel Braided for Maximum Durability
10 AN Fitting as require for any Turbo application
post #36 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming 01L View Post
Ok, ill go through the links after work, but im looking for opinions and availablility on kits.

Ok, Turbo kit recomendations thread, last post 2007 and not a single kit recomended? It shows supporting mods, Im looking 300-350 rwhp. Links to places that make them, if they still do?
Talk to the CEO of SRT, hes a big help on questions you may have. Best company (imo) is SRT for easy 300-350hp is300. email is right here for you -->[email protected]
post #37 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Deity

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

^i'd go boost logic instead or SRT.
post #38 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Lurker

Cheap Quality Turbo Kit

As the title states, I am looking for a cheap turbo kit that still is of good quality. I have been wanting to get the SRT turbo kit but they are running around 6k, and at this moment I do not have 6 grand to spend on a turbo. If anyone has had any luck with a cheaper kit I would greatly appreciate the information.

Thanks,
Robert

2005 Absolute Red E-Shift, SRT Intake, HKS Dragger II Exhaust, 18x8 ASA AR1's, Halo Headlights, LED Taillights and Trunk lights, Euro Lexus Plate, 20% Tint all around, Viper Security System, Kenwood DNX6140 Head Unit, 2 12" Diamond D3s with 450.2 Rockford Fosgate AMP, more to come...

Payback is a B1t©h!
post #39 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

Before you get flamed--
IMO the people that ask this question inherently cannot have this request- let me explain.

There will be those that would say what you want is impossible, or a catch-22. I believe what they mean, is that if you have to ask, then you do not have the capability to pull it off.

The kits that are pricy, are not pricy because they use over-kill top of the top shelf parts, but have had the foresight and experience put into them that they work darn well. They are application and time tested.

To do it cheaply- it is somewhat possible. But there are two types- those who pull it off because they have the knowledge, and therefore do not even have to ask where such a kit is, or how to build one. Then there are those who ask, get pissed when people give them good honest advice that is not what they want to hear, and then for the next year we follow their build thread of epic fail as almost every part they buy fails, performs badly or simply won't do the job and they make constant mistakes be it wiring, bad sensor placement, bad component placement etc etc. And then they end up paying just as much over this period of time to make it work as it would have costed to do it right the first time, and/or the car gets put up for sale.

So one is left with two options. 1) pay to play 2) buy some books, do a lot of studying on the subject and become capable of doing it yourself- and in the process learn why those who can, do not roll out the red carpet for those who can't or 3) Jump into it and 'fall down the stairs' into pain so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, there will be those who said they bought "X" cheep kit and everything is great, but take everything with a grain of salt-- they may have a lot of ability, lots of little odds and ends in their garage that for those who don't, it adds up- they often have a mechanic friend or family member, can weld, have awesome fabbing friends, friends in the industry etc, and for all we know they got a great kick-back when buying the kit/parts and they are simply talking it up for that reason. Anyhow, do enough searching around here and I doubt you can refute these points, but rather totally agree with them. If you have the luxury of learning the "hard way", then I say go for it-- its great to learn, and your better off in the end gaining all that knowledge than not at all.

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
post #40 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Deity

^ Amen!
post #41 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Altruist

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSportD View Post
Before you get flamed--
IMO the people that ask this question inherently cannot have this request- let me explain.

There will be those that would say what you want is impossible, or a catch-22. I believe what they mean, is that if you have to ask, then you do not have the capability to pull it off.

The kits that are pricy, are not pricy because they use over-kill top of the top shelf parts, but have had the foresight and experience put into them that they work darn well. They are application and time tested.

To do it cheaply- it is somewhat possible. But there are two types- those who pull it off because they have the knowledge, and therefore do not even have to ask where such a kit is, or how to build one. Then there are those who ask, get pissed when people give them good honest advice that is not what they want to hear, and then for the next year we follow their build thread of epic fail as almost every part they buy fails, performs badly or simply won't do the job and they make constant mistakes be it wiring, bad sensor placement, bad component placement etc etc. And then they end up paying just as much over this period of time to make it work as it would have costed to do it right the first time, and/or the car gets put up for sale.

So one is left with two options. 1) pay to play 2) buy some books, do a lot of studying on the subject and become capable of doing it yourself- and in the process learn why those who can, do not roll out the red carpet for those who can't or 3) Jump into it and 'fall down the stairs' into pain so to speak.

Don't get me wrong, there will be those who said they bought "X" cheep kit and everything is great, but take everything with a grain of salt-- they may have a lot of ability, lots of little odds and ends in their garage that for those who don't, it adds up- they often have a mechanic friend or family member, can weld, have awesome fabbing friends, friends in the industry etc, and for all we know they got a great kick-back when buying the kit/parts and they are simply talking it up for that reason. Anyhow, do enough searching around here and I doubt you can refute these points, but rather totally agree with them. If you have the luxury of learning the "hard way", then I say go for it-- its great to learn, and your better off in the end gaining all that knowledge than not at all.
Quoted for epicness. It should be sticky'd...Then again, no one reads the sticky's. Why do I say that? Cause threads like this are created at least once every couple weeks.
post #42 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Lurker

help with selecting a turbo for my goals

I did some searching and can't seem to narrow it down to what turbo to go with for the goals that I'm looking for. I'm not looking to make any crazy power since this is my daily driver. I'd like to stay in the 350 - 400 whp so that I can retain some of the stock parts for the time being. I'm looking for some suggestions for my goals - low to mid spool that will support my hp goals (not ball bearing), def not a top end turbo, I don't plan on making too many highway pulls. Something for good acceleration. My brother has been suggesting the 16G or a 20G Mitsubishi turbos - is anybody familiar with running these on the GE/GTE? Any other suggestions for what I'm looking to do? I like the Precision turbos but there's so many to choose from.

2012 VW GLI
post #43 of 115 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Garage
If you run a 16g or 20g on this engine you deserve to be slapped. a 16g or 20g turbo is way way way way to small and you will have that turbo choked off at 2000rpms it will not be able to keep with this engine. Just buy a $500 china T04E turbo and in the mean time do alot more research on this.

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #44 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Frequenter

16 g will be too small, but 20g will do just fine... But I will recommend buying a precision turbo from SRT
post #45 of 115 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Guru

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |rdm| View Post
I did some searching and can't seem to narrow it down to what turbo to go with for the goals that I'm looking for. I'm not looking to make any crazy power since this is my daily driver. I'd like to stay in the 350 - 400 whp so that I can retain some of the stock parts for the time being. I'm looking for some suggestions for my goals - low to mid spool that will support my hp goals (not ball bearing), def not a top end turbo, I don't plan on making too many highway pulls. Something for good acceleration. My brother has been suggesting the 16G or a 20G Mitsubishi turbos - is anybody familiar with running these on the GE/GTE? Any other suggestions for what I'm looking to do? I like the Precision turbos but there's so many to choose from.
popular turbos for the GE/GTE are
  • Precision 6765
  • Garret GT35R
  • Borg Warner S366
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
Split2nd
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page