My Swap Experience
Ok here goes guys, I have a 2003 IS300 with a JZS171 1JZGTE swap, its been up and running for a close to a year now. First off this swap is fairly straight forward, but not for the faint at heart. I went through a lot of issues with getting the A/C to work, but i will explain how to make it work later. I'm not going to get too terribly technical for most part the swap is mostly common sense.
1. The JZS171 1JZ VVTI swap is direct bolt in, no modifying crap (with the exception of fuel lines)!
2. Wiring: the JZX110 pin diagram is the exact pin out for the JZS171. hands down. AND YES YOU WILL HAVE TO REPIN THE BODY HARNESS (IT EFFIN SUCKS!)! Just go slow and pay attention to what your doing, but its fairly easy with the right tools, just time consuming. The little plugs are also easy, but big to get right... I will be making an exact diagram soon.... you will have a lot of wires left over, just cut them back and tape them up.
3. For those that want to use the stock IS300 transmission (WHY)???? The A340LE that comes with the motor is perfectly fine and a lot stronger. Yes its a 4 speed, but are you building this for MPG, if so then why do it? I cruise daily at 80mph at 3k rpm. Not bad, My MPG is actually no different then when it had the 2JZGE in it (if i'm not boostin). My tiptronic still works, but my trans rips on its own and goes well into redline. Just make sure to change the filter and add fresh fluid, and ... do the seals... add a 3k stall and bam, let it eat some domestics.
4. This is a bit challenging - do the J-pipe delete, you'll thank me later. a piggyback with the capability of clamping the MAF is a must to get it to run perfectly, or add a airflow straightener.
5. Drive shaft bolts right up
6. Fuel delivery - Just get the Aristo pump hanger - you'll thank me later. 5/6th line for the return.
7. Finally the A/C, it WILL NOT WORK...... without a special box from my russian friend Yury Baranov on facebook.
He provides a box that will make the a/c work, not exactly like stock but it works. makes the ecu idle up and turns on the a/c compressor. Been using it for the last 4 months. works flawlessly.
Wiring on this swap is going to be the biggest headache of this swap, everything else is straightforward. Ask any questions, if ya'll have any. You will absolutely love this swap, this car should have came with it from the get go. And get an LSD if you dont have one. Good luck
Can be completed in a weekend, if you have everything needed.
can find my build on instagram, Mikeyracecar