So I'm going to make an attempt here to revive this post - I am in the process of my swap right now - this exact post below may show up on other threads as i search for the answers, and hopefully help others on their quest.
04 is300 (5ps auto)-> putting in a 1jzgte -single turbo (stock) - keeping w55 tranny
Engine (2JZGE) died on me at 140K miles - screw it lets throw a 1JZGTE single turbo in the biatch and have some fun instead of being boring and putting a 2JZGE back in her.
- running as low on budget as possible (will upgrade various parts in very near future but just need the car running asap) - daily driver - extremely short time frame - started 11/7 needs to be completed no later than 11/30
- myself and a friend working out of his shop - working nights mainly as we have other jobs - all necessary tools (engine lift, jack, impact tools) but **no fab capabilities at all besides our 4.5" grinder**
I have pics of progress but my phone is being weird and I'm having trouble finding most of them - will post ASAP.
1JZGTE VVTi and transmission to be safe - $1350 - JDM Engine world - shipping $231 - supposedly <50k miles (it actually does look like it tbh)
-i believe this is a JZX110 but idk for certain - its front sump, tranny lines up with w55 perfectly -
stock radiator >$60 eBay
Progress: keep in mind all these hours include other mundane tasks like moving heavy parts around the shop cleaning, labeling parts, organizing stuff, troubleshooting issues, etc
1.decided to use w55 instead of the 1j tranny 5 speed > 4 all day SO we had to separate the engine and tranny - 4 hours w/3ppl
2. pulled hangers and did exhaust removal prep 1 hr w/3 ppl
3. had to grind off the exhaust @ the downpipe- was so rusted to the cat section it was beyond use - 2.5 hours w/2 ppl
4. 2JZGE and tranny out of the car - 1.5 hours w/2 ppl
5. separated above and attached w55 to 1jzgte (perfect fit), parts list made (hoses mainly) for drop which we are doing tomorrow (11/17)- 3hrs w/2 ppl
1.how do i tell if it is a jzx110 or a JZS171 - cant seem to find anywhere that has a clear answer on this
- need to know for this whole ECU thing
2. ECU's - we dont know jack about how this all works
- standalones (if i go that route)... where can i get one for around $400-600 that will work well and is able to be tuned by a shop
2.there are two hoses coming from the power steering pump - the one above looks to be a normal power steerling fluid hose, but the one below is more like an assembly and when we pulled it off oil came out, not power steering fluid - yes we are positive this is the power steering pump - just looking for general guidance on what to do with these
Recommendations or experiences with intercooler kits for this? my situation below:
- intercooler kit kit still not purchased - was going to buy the cxracing 2jzgte single front mount turbo intercooler kit, but cxracing is out of the intercooler for 6-8 weeks... but can send me the piping kit ASAP
1. think my best bet is to buy the Mishimotor universal zline intercooler - looks like it would fit perf under the front bumper (dims: 28x2.5x7.5; 2.5" in/outs) - get the cx racing piping and minor adjustment and i should be good = $637 all included w/2 day shipping
- cxracig says 3" piping but their in/out is also 2.5" so i don't see why that would be an issue to get the piping sizes matched up
'04 IS300 - 1JZGTE swap in progress
-> feel free to PM me if you have questions on the swap or any advice to give on the swap!