Jzx110 is300 1jzvvti swap - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Jzx110 is300 1jzvvti swap

Hello all, I'm not even sure this is the right area but anyhow. Just purchased my jzx110 motor set with full long block harness auto tranny and ecu. I'm swapping this into my 02 is300
It seems all info for 1j swaps on these is scattered all over the place as far as the eye can see haha makes it frustrating trying to keep track of all the info. Here's the car vertex kit Megan coils figs rear arm kit factory 5 speed just a nice daily for the most part.
Here's the motor

So! Now onto the info. As far as iv read I will be dropping the 110 1jz in and using the oem is300 harness to power the motor NOW I know I can run the is300 ecu with a piggy back just fine but I'm not wanting to have all the hiccups associated with running a piggy back on is300 ecu. I want to run the jdm 1jz ecu. Now after reading a lot and a lot more I believe to do this I need to swap my body plugs on the is300 next to the ecu with ones from an 01 is300 which will then allow me to run the 1jz ecu? Is this correct? I believe I may have to swap some pins around but that is correct overall?

Now next is the immobilizer part. 1) how do I know if I have an immobilizer ecu or not?
2) iv seen some transfer the immob chip from 2j ecu to the jdm 1j ecu is this the best way to go about this? Or is there another way all together
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-07-2016, 10:01 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Hello all, I'm not even sure this is the right area but anyhow. Just purchased my jzx110 motor set with full long block harness auto tranny and ecu. I'm swapping this into my 02 is300
It seems all info for 1j swaps on these is scattered all over the place as far as the eye can see haha makes it frustrating trying to keep track of all the info. Here's the car vertex kit Megan coils figs rear arm kit factory 5 speed just a nice daily for the most part.
Here's the motor

So! Now onto the info. As far as iv read I will be dropping the 110 1jz in and using the oem is300 harness to power the motor NOW I know I can run the is300 ecu with a piggy back just fine but I'm not wanting to have all the hiccups associated with running a piggy back on is300 ecu. I want to run the jdm 1jz ecu. Now after reading a lot and a lot more I believe to do this I need to swap my body plugs on the is300 next to the ecu with ones from an 01 is300 which will then allow me to run the 1jz ecu? Is this correct? I believe I may have to swap some pins around but that is correct overall?

Now next is the immobilizer part. 1) how do I know if I have an immobilizer ecu or not?
2) iv seen some transfer the immob chip from 2j ecu to the jdm 1j ecu is this the best way to go about this? Or is there another way all together
Everything u are saying is correct.. Swap your 02 plugs to 01 plugs and it plugs right in.. Cant help u with the immobilizer because my engine is off the JZS171 and apparently it didnt come with the immobilizer (lucky me) so I would suggest going with either swapping out the chips or finding a locksmith that can reprogram it..
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2016, 11:15 AM
Follower

Quoted: 141 Post(s)

OP, does your car have a manual transmission? And what ecu part number did you get with the swap?

02' MT w/MK3 Supra LSD and no sunroof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page