User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 98 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

You can use IS or supra seals as well as the serpentine belt.

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 98 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just want some clarification. My IS is factory 5spd. I am planning on the aristo swap just need some info. Can I use the IS engine harness on the aristo motor? So I don't have to do any type splicing, and run the IS ecu with a standalone?
post #78 of 98 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i know this is beaten into the ground but i am going to be doing a 2000 Aristo 2jz-gte vvt-i swap into my 01 is300. to start i am going to keep the motor stock with a 3" turbo back and 3" piping on a fmic, boomslang pnp harness with the greddy e-manage ultimate..... my question is does anyone have a base map that i can use to get my car started till i can get it tuned??????

2001 IS300 MSM - CURRENT

2003 JETTA GLS/GLI - TOTALED
-BIG TURBO GT30R KIT FROM ATP IN CALIFORNIA
-BILSTEIN COILOVERS
-GLI AND AUDI TT PARTS SWAPED

post #79 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 06:46 AM

Hello guys,

I'm from Chile, and my car is in process of Swap.

Reading some post i found, that the drive shaft of my IS300 don't work on Aristo Transmission, my question is:

There exist a Aftermarket Drive shaft for this?

Or the Drive shaft of Aristo works?

If you guys know about this please i'll be really grateful.

(Sorry for my poor English)

Byee!!
:D
post #80 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 01:42 PM

Is the A340e or the a341e e-shift capable?
post #81 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

You don't have to post in both threads bro. The A340e (aristo 4sp auto) will work with your buttons, although your cluster might not display the gear. But it will shift.

Aristo Swap with IS ECU
post #82 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 08:17 AM

Hehe right on, the A340e I have is out of a 99 Toyota Tacoma pre-runner, just going to have it sent out and built.
post #83 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Altruist

I don't believe that's an A340e might be just a A340. And that might not work as the e-shift capabilities are most likely not incorporated into it.

Aristo Swap with IS ECU
post #84 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 10:19 AM

It's not I thought it was but it's been like 6 years since I looked at it... It's an a340F : (
post #85 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 07:41 AM

. I'm stuck , I have a 2003 is300 and I'm doing the 98 aristo swap 2jzgte with out the mobilizer . The engine is in now and it has the aristo engine harness and aristo ecu, the problem I am having is the 3 connectors that the engine harness have connect perfectly to the ecu but the last 2 connectors don't fit my stock is300 body harness . I been trying to find pin out and help for the past 3 months and nothing . If I get a custom harness from tweaked do I also sent him my body harness as well?, I know I sent him the aristo and stock is300, but about the last 2 plugs on the body harness ? How will they connect to the aristo ecu if they didn't fit before Please let me know .
post #86 of 98 (permalink) Old 10-13-2015, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Altruist

Please read my message to you but this is what your doing:

If you sent your harness to Tweak'd and the plugs are not fitting you need to contact them. Cuz they should be.

Aristo Swap with IS ECU
post #87 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 07:40 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Stance View Post
Just want some clarification. My IS is factory 5spd. I am planning on the aristo swap just need some info. Can I use the IS engine harness on the aristo motor? So I don't have to do any type splicing, and run the IS ecu with a standalone?

Did you get a answer? I am planning on doing the samething
post #88 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Garage
hello everyone, i have read about 70 pages with this treads started as far as 2009 between yesterday and today and previously have been hunting this forums quite some time already since an is300 has always been a Dream to me come true. I am ASE certified tech with good shop experience so i am inclined towards this and have finally purchased a beautiful IS300 with engine issues (possible blown head gasket ) among other concerns. I plan on just going in with the aritzo engine swap. After reading this thread and all other related threads on the swap i would like to clarify again this swap can be done or has been done as this thread states only using:
GTE engine,
GTE 4speed Transmission
GTE ECU (it have to be w/o inmobilizer? is this found depending on who is selling me the engine? or is this a mod?)
GTE/GE harness Frankenstein Mixture
GTE Maf ( does it have to be relocated close to the Throttle body? does not specify in this thread or i missed it? )

And No PIGGY BACK NEEDED ?? no AEM standalone?? no EMANAGE?? And this will work? as in just reliable every day driving? KEEPING all STOCK twins ALL stock?
And last i see the thread is based on keeping the 4spd GTE auto transmission ( any lack on the 4speed compared to the GE stock IS 5speed experienced betwwen those two? just curious i am following every single part used in this thread and AMAZING info BTW )

thank you in advance for any response is HIGHLY appreciated!!! I am sorry if i am asking the same old song my head feels like wants to blow up a little from so much info

Last edited by Doesitcomeinblack_; 12-23-2015 at 12:47 PM.
post #89 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesitcomeinblack_ View Post
hello everyone, i have read about 70 pages with this treads started as far as 2009 between yesterday and today and previously have been hunting this forums quite some time already since an is300 has always been a Dream to me come true. I am ASE certified tech with good shop experience so i am inclined towards this and have finally purchased a beautiful IS300 with engine issues (possible blown head gasket ) among other concerns. I plan on just going in with the aritzo engine swap. After reading this thread and all other related threads on the swap i would like to clarify again this swap can be done or has been done as this thread states only using:
GTE engine,
GTE 4speed Transmission
GTE ECU (it have to be w/o inmobilizer? is this found depending on who is selling me the engine? or is this a mod?)
GTE/GE harness Frankenstein Mixture
GTE Maf ( does it have to be relocated close to the Throttle body? does not specify in this thread or i missed it? )

And No PIGGY BACK NEEDED ?? no AEM standalone?? no EMANAGE?? And this will work? as in just reliable every day driving? KEEPING all STOCK twins ALL stock?
And last i see the thread is based on keeping the 4spd GTE auto transmission ( any lack on the 4speed compared to the GE stock IS 5speed experienced betwwen those two? just curious i am following every single part used in this thread and AMAZING info BTW )

thank you in advance for any response is HIGHLY appreciated!!! I am sorry if i am asking the same old song my head feels like wants to blow up a little from so much info
Yes, your described setup is exactly the way mine is. the ECU part number should be in this thread. It's not a mod but a specific ECU from the factory. it should have 5 connections on it and NOT 6. The one with 6 has the immobilizer. But please check the part number to be sure.

If you are running with the GTE ECU (Aristo to be more specific) the MAF will be on the factory location on the charge pipe, right after the air filter before the turbos. No piggy back is needed if you are going to run stock. Turn the key and go. The wiring harness will need to be merged. I sent mine to Dr. Tweak. Contact them for more info i you decide to go that way.

As for the transmission. The Aristo ECU will NOT control the IS 5sp transmission. So you have to use the Aristo one. Unless you are talking about the manual transmission. it will work but you'll need to do some modification for the lights etc etc. Dr. Tweak should be able to integrate that in the harness but you might want to let them know what setup your planning.

Again, if running stock, you should expect the water temp gauge to NOT work, fuel gauge will be off a bit, e-shift (on 4sp auto) will work but won't show indicator on the instrument cluster.

Best of luck on your swap. Glad the info was helpful.

Aristo Swap with IS ECU
post #90 of 98 (permalink) Old 12-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Garage
thank you and Let me just say WINGZERO people like you guys make the world a better place taking the time to spread the knowledge to others based on trial and error that's just amazing man. thank you again. And last the question on the 4speed GTE transmission VS the GE 5speed transmission is just curiosity in regards if we will feel any lack of performance since having a 4speed instead of 5speed? regardless i would be using exact everything as this thread says
02TooJayZ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page