Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you put it on a Dino yet?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #63 of 98 (permalink) Old 01-24-2014, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Garage
I need some to clear something up, so the Aristo computer and the stock Is300 body harness. I am pinning over the last two connectors to the aristo connector from the Is300 engine harness but so the 3-4 connectors that are in the body harness you didnt do anything with?? i know there has to be something done with then either the IS300 plugs cut and re pinned to the aristo or visw versra. I'm pretty confused about the body harness part so any input will be a lot of help thanks

post #64 of 98 (permalink) Old 03-31-2014, 03:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi all!
I'm from Belarus and I have 2001 IS300 with 2jz-gte 2005 Aristo engine w/ Aristo A/T ECU and r154 gearbox.
I have some problems and need your help
1. Need to fix speed sensor error
2. Any suggestions how to make work trc and vsc?
3. How to make work reversing light?
post #65 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzero View Post
As for what you lose, that's one of the sections I'm adding but basically, the water temp gauge, traction control, cruise, and yes OBD2 scanning WILL NOT work. I may try to pick up a cheap JOBD scanner and see if that does anything. Also, I'm reading that the paperclip method may work on a JOBD car...I haven't tried it cuz...well I'm not throwing a single CEL
Did you have any joy in getting these to work? Not caring about OBD2 but would like to have TC, Temp and cruise control working.

Also do you have a link the the Aristo ECU pinouts and body loom pinouts?
post #66 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Cruise control does work. It just only works up to 60 something if i remember correctly. That's a JDM setting that all cars on that side of the pond have (at least in that era). Water most likely won't work, and neither will TC. The water temp gauge has something to do with the MPX unit if i understand correctly. In all honesty I simply have not had much time lately to try to figure it out. I think I will soon though...

Traction Control i think is based on a number of different readings. So there really is no guarantee it will work at all since you have a completely different ECU and so is your MAF (which i think is one of the readings it requires, i could be wrong on that one though) I need to go back and compare what systems use what on both vehicles. That might help but again, just been busy lately. I've posted the Aristo ECU pinouts on this site before..I'll see if i can find them or possibly do a search for posts from me and you can probably find them too.

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
post #67 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Cruise control does work. It just only works up to 60 something if i remember correctly. That's a JDM setting that all cars on that side of the pond have (at least in that era). Water most likely won't work, and neither will TC. The water temp gauge has something to do with the MPX unit if i understand correctly. In all honesty I simply have not had much time lately to try to figure it out. I think I will soon though...

Traction Control i think is based on a number of different readings. So there really is no guarantee it will work at all since you have a completely different ECU and so is your MAF (which i think is one of the readings it requires, i could be wrong on that one though) I need to go back and compare what systems use what on both vehicles. That might help but again, just been busy lately. I've posted the Aristo ECU pinouts on this site before..I'll see if i can find them or possibly do a search for posts from me and you can probably find them too.
Yeah, I've decided to use the IS ECU for the body and have ordered the Haltech Sprint 500 to do the business.

Now I just need to find someone in Aus that will upgrade the A650E.
MV Automotive have a great following for the A340E but they are not really doing the 650 yet. Might just ship my valve body to SRT in the interim.
post #68 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Altruist

Be careful with SRT. There are numerous posts on this site with people who wait YEARS to get their parts from them and some who don't ever get them at all. In any event, best of luck!

Aristo Swap with IS ECU
post #69 of 98 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast

Are you keeping the ECU in the original place of the IS ECU? just wondering if the intake tb and pipe will clear.
post #70 of 98 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Altruist

Yes, I simply pulled out the IS ECU and inserted the Aristo one. Fits perfect down the nuts and wire harness.

Aristo Swap with IS ECU
post #71 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 06:58 PM

So im done installing the aristo motor on my is300 im wondering how big is the piping of your exhaust is? would it work with a 2.5 inch and how much boost are you running and what AFR are you tuned at? I talked to a tuner and he wanted to run me at a 10.8 AFR is that the correct AFR i should be running at?
post #72 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Altruist

Everything is factory. I'm not tuned. I'm solely on Aristo ECU with Toyota maps. That was my goal when I converted to Aristo ECU.

Aristo Swap with IS ECU
post #73 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:16 AM
Follower

I want my cake and to eat it too lol. So is it at all possible to have everything work ie water temp, traction, no cel whatever and keep the stock auto trans? With any ECU or standalone on a JDM motor? How long did the swap take?

Before-03 IS AR w/Zex wet kit, HKS Hiper, WR intake, CM clutch, poison wide body kit-totaled 3/6/06

Now- Race car 2001 Toyota MR-S Lotus 2zz w/ Turbokits.com kit upgraded by DD Performance Research gtx2857 stg 2 cams:), ss lines, Porterfield brakes, Stoptech rotors, TRD quickshifter, MWR pulleys,cf wing, cf dashkit, cf gt300 hood, C-One bumper, C-One cf vents, Avic N4 AND MUCH MORE.

DD- 2003 IS300. SRT intake, HKS Hiper, HPR header, 17" PF01 wheels Supra BBK
post #74 of 98 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by attentiongetr03 View Post
I want my cake and to eat it too lol. So is it at all possible to have everything work ie water temp, traction, no cel whatever and keep the stock auto trans? With any ECU or standalone on a JDM motor? How long did the swap take?
Yes but you either have to use the stock IS ECU with a piggyback or use a spliced harness to run both ECUs together. The stock trans can be used with a valve body upgrade and cooler. I think you have to use the stock ECU for that to work properly though
post #75 of 98 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

Quote:
[*]Intake and Exhaust Camshaft Seals (903114002) – you’ll need to remove both pulleys’ to get to these
Would IS300 camshaft seals and oring work? the part number here does not match up with anything that I can find, and the usdm supra camshaft seals part number is also different.

Also I don't see mention of a serpentine drive belt listed, but I know most of the is300 accessories are being used so a IS300 drive belt should be used?

Thanks.

13 J8A FR-S Series 10
02 CW Sportcross rebuild in progress
02 BO Sportcross 2jzgte build in progress
11 SW Tundra DC TRD supercharged

02 MSM L-tuned Sportcross 5 Speed Sold
01 DWP IS300 Sold

Sportcross owners group on facebook

My Story: https://my.is/forums/f219/sportcross-...8/#post7991882

My For Sale: https://my.is/forums/f99/sportcross-s...hifter-438917/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page