Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisBits View Post
That price is ridiculous.

PHR Billet one: *Engine Performance - Supra
yeah it is crazy, but so is some of PHR stuff, but the point I'm trying to make is to upgrade it

years back PHR used to charge 300-400 bucks for a modified alternator. I check back a month or so later when i was ready to buy. It went up by 200 bucks.

MY IS is Boosted with imagination by Sesame Street Performance (lol)
HKS DLI ignition box, PHR alternator 230amp or 250amp peak idk, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, Brain Crower 264 cams, SRT Intake with RaceECU, Fidinza adjustment Cam-gear Exhaust set 0, Mishimoto Engine&Trans radiator+hoses, megan racing y-pipe, OEM FRS 4.10 rear Torsen LSD diff, greddy EVO2 cat-back, SSR type CRS wheels, Tokico Illumina 5-way shocks, Cusco blue swaybars and chassis stiffiners..... Doin that all motor build

Last edited by Poke_IS300; 11-23-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

This is a good conversation. I wonder what hp these commonly break at? I will most likely add this a little later once I have some more money and the motor is broken in.
post #48 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-26-2015, 03:04 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Are you using solid motor bushings to prevent contact FFIM with the wheel house wall?
I will use the same FFIM, but i was thinking about shortening the low runners, do have some spare space for OEM engine bushings!

post #49 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

another michigan guy going boost woooo! shoot me a pm
post #50 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 09:24 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Love that you hopped into it immediately. Congrats.

For EMS, I've heard great things about the Greddy EMU and the AEM Infinity or V2. They're pretty proven around here.

Looking forward to seeing more progress! I wish I had the money to be making the same amount :D
post #51 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Sorry it has been a while since I posted. Life has a way of getting in the way. At any rate I will post some more pictures of the progress this weekend. I am planning on going with the MAP ECU for engine management. I just don't have the 2K laying around for the AEM at the moment. I may upgrade this summer if the MAP ECU doesn't work out. My builder seems to feel it will get the job done. The big thing right now is going to be getting the shifter to line up properly on the R154.

03 IBP; Custom Audio/Video System; JIC TI Exhaust; Tein H Tech Springs, Tokico Shocks; 18" Axis Hiros, AAC Custom Headlights w/demon eyes, cleared fogs, soon to be added 200A alternator

Boost is on the way!
post #52 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

If I recall correctly, it's 29" from the flywheel to the center of where the shifter should sit. Not sure if it will help with what you mean by line up, but hopefully it will.
post #53 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Just ordered some upgraded parts for the R154. The list is below:
Heavy Duty Bearing Cover Plate, R-series MCTM-4142
R150F Minor Rebuild Kit (1988-10/91) MCTM-2R150F with R154 seals
Shift Fork, R-series, 1st/2nd Gear MCTM-4211K
Chromoly R-series Thrust Washer Kit

03 IBP; Custom Audio/Video System; JIC TI Exhaust; Tein H Tech Springs, Tokico Shocks; 18" Axis Hiros, AAC Custom Headlights w/demon eyes, cleared fogs, soon to be added 200A alternator

Boost is on the way!
post #54 of 88 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Well I spent some time on the car today. The parts I ordered for the transmission came in and we are the process of rebuilding the transmission.

We pulled the transmission housings. I am going to finish cleaning and paint them this evening.

This is a picture of part of the custom exhaust. I am recirculating the waste gate because I don't want the car to be crazy loud. I just want a good exhaust, turbo whine, and blow off valve sound.

My shifter came in also. I went a different route than most because I didn't want to spend 3 or 4 hundred on something that I was going to have to straighten anyways.

HKS Air Filter

I installed the new fuel pump today also.

I have looked at two different turbos at the shop so far. An additional one should be coming in this evening. I will make my decision hopefully by tomorrow evening.

I also got the billet tensioner bracket in but I forgot to take a picture of it. It looks just like the one earlier in this thread though. That will be going in tomorrow along with the HKS timing belt. I had the VVT-i cam rebuilt and painted to match the HKS cam gear. Lots of progress but still lots to go.

Boost is on the way!
post #55 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Hello all. The build is taking its sweet time getting done. I am looking for some turbo advice. I am looking to do 450+ to the rear wheels for a daily driver. I currently have a precision 6266 gen 2 at the house. I am thinking about the turbonetics GTX550 or 600, or the garrett GT35r. Anyone have any suggestions? Let me know. I hope to have some new pictures up soon.

Boost is on the way!

Last edited by phistration; 03-13-2016 at 01:27 PM.
post #56 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 01:43 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

question where did you get your down pipe and midpipe, and how is it fitment wise on the car is that the cx racing or ebay down pipe, im asking because im interested on a new down pipe ..let me know thanks if the fitment and if it clears properly thanks and no leaks..

2JZ AKA Mustang Killer ....Please don't treat your Lexus like a Honda Do it once and do it Right.... And destroy every mustang you see on the way!!!
post #57 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-14-2016, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

It is a CX racing downpipe. We should be starting the car later this week. I will let you know how the fitment is once the exhaust is done.

Boost is on the way!
post #58 of 88 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistration View Post
It is a CX racing downpipe. We should be starting the car later this week. I will let you know how the fitment is once the exhaust is done.
Thank You sir ...good to know is the turbo manifold also a cx racing

2JZ AKA Mustang Killer ....Please don't treat your Lexus like a Honda Do it once and do it Right.... And destroy every mustang you see on the way!!!
post #59 of 88 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

I know it has been a long time since I posted. It has been a really frustrating time with my builder. My question is any one familiar with dynspack dynos? That is what we will be using for my car. Thanks.
post #60 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-09-2016, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Going Pro EFI...
c1L and Touge2jz like this.

Boost is on the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page