User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Donít buy anything from Dezod

This last summer I started my IS 300 2jzgte build and while researching engine management options found Dezodís V2 plug and play AEM standalone. I emailed Chris from Dezod and he was very helpful. When I was ready I emailed Chris again and paid in full for my AEM V2. At that time I asked Chris what the ETA for receiving the item was and was told 5-6 working days.

It took 2 months to get the system, the ďPnP was mis wired and the start up calibration was complete garbage.
Chris refuses to take responsibility for anything letting promised ship date after ship date pass with no email or explanation until I contacted him. Every time I communicated with Chris was more and more confusing with him blaming weather, going to SEMA, and other drug adict type excuses for not shipping. 6 weeks in I let him know I wanted a refund if he couldnít get my system shipped by the end of that week, he responded by sending out a fake Fedex shipping notice. I realized the shipping notice was fake after the package never moved and reversed my payment letting him know that when he was able to fill my order I would like to get the system I ordered.

I wanted to let the community know about my experiences since he seems to make quite a few things for the IS300 and is the wildly unprofessional. From the strange excuses about cleaning his mothers house to his employee smoking too much weed to ship the standalone this is definitely not someone you want to do business with. In my case for the standalone he was the only one making it and I saw that many people had good experiences with the system, so I kept trying to get my system dispite his adict type excuses and communication. My standalone is up and working great after a fair amount of repinnig the harness but Iím not sure what I paid for. The harness was direct from Boomslang and the AEM box has two resistors removed other than that itís the way it came from AEM.

Iím not sure what happened to this company and Chris but highly advise staying away if you can.
tonynca likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

This is highly accurate! I purchased the pnp aem kit for the Is300 last year from him. Same thing, quick to take the money and tell me it was on its way. Months went by and nothing. I emailed him countless times for updates. So many excuses! One thing after another after another. Why he wasn't able to send it? ONce it seemed as if it was all sorted out it was stuck with the shipping company for over a month. I even contact the shipping company and they had nothing no idea. But the excuses kept coming. I asked for a refund many times. Luckily it did finally show up bc I thought I had been ripped off. When i opened the box up it was torn up and thrown in there. I was very concerned that it may not even work at all. The base map is garbage would not start the vehicle and the instruction for setting up vvti is also garbage. The excuses he had were unreal to the point I would not want to even talk to him. I asked if there was somebody else at the business to speak with but there was not. I will never deal with him again.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)

there is a recent thread here where he took a couple of peoples money for headers and never delivered.

i tried to work with him on improving his green headers as they clog up too quickly for my liking and he wasn't having any of it.

avoid!

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Mr. Roo

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 604 Post(s)

yeah, I bought my last thing from him (second set of headers) and won't be doing that again lol. Headers are nice though
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

I am sorry to hear that others had the same issues I did, I was starting to think this was a east coast not liking west coast people deal. I know some companies rely heavily on their reputation and let customer service take a back seat as they become more popular. This seems like a drug addict running what is left of a once great company, if anyone is still looking to buy the PnP AEM set up, contact Boomslang directly for the harness and remove the resistor your self. This AEM set up is being used by a bunch of Supra guys and other 2JZGTE people so i'm sure the info is out there on what needs to be done to the AEM Box.

I don't write reviews like this lightly, the experience I had with Chris was almost comical, I ask a question and he responds with some random bull shit without answering the question asked. When I do pin him down on something he get angry and blames someone else or includes a sob story about some poorly thought out lie. The main Component of the PnP AEM Standalone from Dezod was that there be technical support once the item arrives, I had to beg Chris to even send the base Cal which was usless anyway. I am glad that the forum is aware of the way Dezod is doing business and urge anyone thinking of buying anything from this guy to reconsider. My hope is that the forum will discontinue Dezods vendor status as there is no reason to allow a business like this to sell things to the community that are clearly not the level of quality we expect.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 06:58 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 66 Post(s)

why even get the v2 when you can get an infinity 506
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 12:53 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 237 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech3Performance View Post
I am sorry to hear that others had the same issues I did, I was starting to think this was a east coast not liking west coast people deal.
west coast money deposits the same as east coast money.

Lucy; 04 manual sportdesign
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 06:20 PM

Damn, bought some headers from them 2 years ago and had some problems too, but it got taken care of. Looks like FIGS is the only decent vendor that's left.

Dead - '05 Silver Is300 - BC 264, BC cam gear -3.5, BC springs and retainers, Greddy E-Manage Ultimate w/PNP harness, Zex 75 shot, HPS intake, Dezod Green Headers, Tanabe Medalion Touring, Figs header heat shield, M98 LSD swap, Figs hood prop, Hotchkis sway bars, Figs endlinks, EBC slotted rotors and Yellow brake pads, Stoptech Stainless Steel brake lines, Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX

2009 335i - Cobb stage 1, M performance exhaust
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech3Performance View Post
This last summer I started my IS 300 2jzgte build and while researching engine management options found Dezod’s V2 plug and play AEM standalone. I emailed Chris from Dezod and he was very helpful. When I was ready I emailed Chris again and paid in full for my AEM V2. At that time I asked Chris what the ETA for receiving the item was and was told 5-6 working days.

It took 2 months to get the system, the “PnP was mis wired and the start up calibration was complete garbage.
Chris refuses to take responsibility for anything letting promised ship date after ship date pass with no email or explanation until I contacted him. Every time I communicated with Chris was more and more confusing with him blaming weather, going to SEMA, and other drug adict type excuses for not shipping. 6 weeks in I let him know I wanted a refund if he couldn’t get my system shipped by the end of that week, he responded by sending out a fake Fedex shipping notice. I realized the shipping notice was fake after the package never moved and reversed my payment letting him know that when he was able to fill my order I would like to get the system I ordered.

I wanted to let the community know about my experiences since he seems to make quite a few things for the IS300 and is the wildly unprofessional. From the strange excuses about cleaning his mothers house to his employee smoking too much weed to ship the standalone this is definitely not someone you want to do business with. In my case for the standalone he was the only one making it and I saw that many people had good experiences with the system, so I kept trying to get my system dispite his adict type excuses and communication. My standalone is up and working great after a fair amount of repinnig the harness but I’m not sure what I paid for. The harness was direct from Boomslang and the AEM box has two resistors removed other than that it’s the way it came from AEM.

I’m not sure what happened to this company and Chris but highly advise staying away if you can.
Wow...... im not the only 1 then!!! Ive had the exact same experience, from the cant do enough to help at the start, quick to take the money and fire emails back and forth, sell me the dream then deliver a nightmare!!!!!
Over 3 months i waited, heard every excuse in book, difference is mine was overseas. He got very aggressive over emails, wouldnt answer the phone when i made international calls, spoke to me like a piece of shit when he did finally reply via email, said he had sent emails i had not recieved, the excuses was comical even recieved pictures of a dental note from him!
Now im worried as my project is on going, ive not fired it up yet or even loaded the base cal. I even had to nag him for that and the vvti instructions. The guy was an absolute nightmare and when i demanded a refund he said this was not possible........ so send me the fucking goods ive ordered then!! Again like you my harness is from boomslang, the ecu arrived with like a black dust all over it like it had been stored somewhere or even fitted to something for some time! Just didnt seem like an new unit that had been opened up and boxedback up again.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 06:47 PM

I held back on saying anything as i dont normally do this but now i know its not a 1 off and me being the only 1 then i will share.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 08:57 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

How do these guys stay in business? You could always file credit card disputes for these things.

'03 IS300 SD TCM 5-SPD LSD
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 09:21 PM

Same here. Tried to cancel an order via email and he didn't response. After a week I called him then what he basically told me was to never call him again. Order is cancelled the day after I called him but never get refund on my order. Its been a month since order is cancelled.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 03:44 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Man they should really remove them from this forum. This type of service doesn't belong here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'03 IS300 SD TCM 5-SPD LSD
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 03:47 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexis3005 View Post
Same here. Tried to cancel an order via email and he didn't response. After a week I called him then what he basically told me was to never call him again. Order is cancelled the day after I called him but never get refund on my order. Its been a month since order is cancelled.
Call your bank or creditor that you used to make the purchase and dispute the charge with them. My bank gives me 45 days from initial purchase to dispute a charge. I started the process of filing a fradulant charge after weeks of excuses from this guy. I sent Chris an email and screen shot of my dispute with my bank. He immediately responded back & sent the header out the next day. Hopefully, you get your money back or the header. Good luck.

On a positive note, I passed smog legally with the green header at 15k miles of usage.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 04:11 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynca View Post
Man they should really remove them from this forum. This type of service doesn't belong here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second this! Only reason I took my business to him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page