User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

1. 85-87 land cruiser clutch master cylinder cmt-032. I have one new in box if your interested you can pm me.

2. shouldnt be hard just get a clutch disk for a solstice or Colorado, or call your clutch supplier and give them your specs.

3. Yes the 1jz/r154 bellhousing or refer to the part number above.

4. That is correct, the shift lever can be substituted with any w55 or w55 compatible aftermarket shifter.

Lastly, the Colorado is very different externally than the solstice transmission. The shifter cover plate pattern is not compatible with the jzx shifter plate. The output flange is also very different. As ek9b18 mentioned it could potentially work, but you will be creating more work for yourself.

13 J8A FR-S Series 10
02 CW Sportcross rebuild in progress
02 BO Sportcross 2jzgte build in progress
11 SW Tundra DC TRD supercharged

02 MSM L-tuned Sportcross 5 Speed Sold
01 DWP IS300 Sold

Sportcross owners group on facebook

My Story: https://my.is/forums/f219/sportcross-...8/#post7991882

My For Sale: https://my.is/forums/f99/sportcross-s...hifter-438917/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek9B18 View Post
Looks like there's at least 5" or more difference between the shifter positions. I think you're making incorrect assumptions that are going to cost you some serious cash. You can see the colorado shifter connects right on top of the housing that the toyota housing extends. You can't mount the toyota adapter on the colorado housing too. Wrong number of bolts and wrong size.

Yeah seeing that as well. Just didn't have clear pictures to compare to at first, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curran View Post
1. 85-87 land cruiser clutch master cylinder cmt-032. I have one new in box if your interested you can pm me.

2. shouldnt be hard just get a clutch disk for a solstice or Colorado, or call your clutch supplier and give them your specs.

3. Yes the 1jz/r154 bellhousing or refer to the part number above.

4. That is correct, the shift lever can be substituted with any w55 or w55 compatible aftermarket shifter.

Lastly, the Colorado is very different externally than the solstice transmission. The shifter cover plate pattern is not compatible with the jzx shifter plate. The output flange is also very different. As ek9b18 mentioned it could potentially work, but you will be creating more work for yourself.
Thanks! Does the GM throw out bearing need to be mounted upside down? You haven't mentioned anything about that but after reading through ExtremeFam07's thread he says it does.
post #18 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-16-2016, 07:16 AM
Extremist

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks! Does the GM throw out bearing need to be mounted upside down? You haven't mentioned anything about that but after reading through ExtremeFam07's thread he says it does.
I have the GM TOB on my car. It's because my V8 adapter requires it. I'd much rather have a conventional external slave cylinder. I just like being able to actually see it operate and being able to replace it without dropping the tranny is a large plus.

post #19 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM1990 View Post
Does the GM throw out bearing need to be mounted upside down? You haven't mentioned anything about that but after reading through ExtremeFam07's thread he says it does.
I dont see any reason why that is neccesary unless there was some contact with the 1jz bellhousing. Probably best to ask him why he choose to do it that way. I personally do not recall any contact with the TOB and the 1jz bellhousing.

13 J8A FR-S Series 10

01 DWP IS300 Sold

post #20 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 09:21 PM
Frequenter

Quote:
I dont see any reason why that is neccesary unless there was some contact with the 1jz bellhousing. Probably best to ask him why he choose to do it that way. I personally do not recall any contact with the TOB and the 1jz bellhousing.
I'll shoot him a PM. Would you happen to have the measurements for the crossmember, mainly the height from the tunnel to the lowest point of the crossmember?
post #21 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:32 AM
Frequenter

@Curran - when you used the Sequioa driveshaft, did you use the whole thing or just the front section?
post #22 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:54 AM
Extremist

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)

Quote:
@Curran - when you used the Sequioa driveshaft, did you use the whole thing or just the front section?
Probably the back 1/2 + the slip fitting. The AR-5 output shaft is really an oddball. That's the end that needs to change.
post #23 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Quote:
I used the whole driveshaft, however the drive shaft was shortened. The fixed end matches the IS300 differential flange. The telescoping end was converted to a custom flange to mate to the AR5 transmission.

Quote:
I'll shoot him a PM. Would you happen to have the measurements for the crossmember, mainly the height from the tunnel to the lowest point of the crossmember?
I Don't have that measurement, you can find those awesome crossmembers on a popular auction site.

13 J8A FR-S Series 10

01 DWP IS300 Sold

post #24 of 141 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 08:28 AM
Follower

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Quote:
I Don't have that measurement, you can find those awesome crossmembers on a popular auction site.
That's where I got mine!
Curran likes this.

2004 CWP IS300
AR5
post #25 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Garage
Hi. Thanks for the great info here. I'd love to do this but the funds are about dried up for the Lexus. I was curious about the cost before I look further into this and I got a good idea from what you posted.

So I created a Google Docs spreadsheet with options A-D and auto->manual info. There's still work to be done entering part numbers and cost of parts for the auto->manual.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

To keep this list accurate it's not open to editing unless you want to edit it @Curran let me know. All others 'File'->'Make a copy...'
post #26 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooney5115 View Post
Hi. Thanks for the great info here. I'd love to do this but the funds are about dried up for the Lexus. I was curious about the cost before I look further into this and I got a good idea from what you posted.

So I created a Google Docs spreadsheet with options A-D and auto->manual info. There's still work to be done entering part numbers and cost of parts for the auto->manual.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

To keep this list accurate it's not open to editing unless you want to edit it @Curran let me know. All others 'File'->'Make a copy...'
Thanks for the spreadsheet. One item, GM Trans Bolts should be $6.60, not $660.
post #27 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmooney5115 View Post

That additional information may be helpful to some, but also can be misleading. My total all in for the auto to manual conversion with the installation illustrated was $2600 all in. So your estimate of $3984 was a bit high.

13 J8A FR-S Series 10

01 DWP IS300 Sold

post #28 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
That additional information may be helpful to some, but also can be misleading. My total all in for the auto to manual conversion with the installation illustrated was $2600 all in. So your estimate of $3984 was a bit high.
You're right. I've added a new tab and row for an OEM auto to manual swap.

Do you happen to have a list of part numbers or prices for the swap to include? I used the list of parts for your tutorial thread.
post #29 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
Is it possible to just replace the AR-5/MA5 input shaft to the Toyota Supra/Chaser/Soarer R154 input shaft to have matching spline teeth and get an R154 type clutch ?

This would be an easier way to just reuse R154 clutches and parts onto the 2JZ, no ?

I would assume the tail of the AR-5/MA5 can not be converted to use the R154 type tail end, since nobody has mentioned it or attempted to do so.

It would make it easier to just get drive shafts available from DSS or DM.

In for replies, I'm looking into getting an Solstice AR-5/MA5 very soon
post #30 of 141 (permalink) Old 03-18-2016, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

So, i suppose it be possible to buy the jeep nv3550, then get the solstice tail housing, and jeep spline count to w55/58 diameter clutch? If so this would make the swap around 1k for me since I already bought a upgraded clutch kit for my whp.

???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page