User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:07 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)

I think the original trans Rajj got was the side mount. The new tail shaft is from the “correct for is300” transmission...is how I take it. I’d still like to see somebody make one of those newer transmission work in our cars. I’ve never had one in front of me, but it doesn’t look super hard.

Anyhow. Try www.hollanderparts.com for the piece you’re missing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #137 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris OK View Post
I think the original trans Rajj got was the side mount. The new tail shaft is from the “correct for is300” transmission...is how I take it. I’d still like to see somebody make one of those newer transmission work in our cars. I’ve never had one in front of me, but it doesn’t look super hard.

Anyhow. Try www.hollanderparts.com for the piece you’re missing.
Correct. LKQ sent me an 06 trans but apparently some 06 transmissions have the side mount. Well that’s what I was told by them. Anyways, the tail housing did not come with that piece so now I’m stuck trying to find one. And I’m not sure the side mount will work due to clearances. Very tight in the tunnel but then again my trans might not have been at the correct height.
post #138 of 141 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:14 PM
Fiend

So the part that I’m looking for. Does anyone have a trans they could take measurements of the piece so I can make one?

post #139 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 01:51 PM
Fiend

Finished my auto to ar5 swap. Need help with reverse light and cruise control. Not sure if it’s the same as another thread being that guy swapped to a manual Ecu
post #140 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 04:13 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 149 Post(s)

Reverse is easy, there’s a plug on the AR5 that looks like a 1” nut filled with epoxy and has two wires potted in the epoxy. You just splice the IS300 reverse wires into them.

Cruise probably won’t work without a manual ecu. It requires all the throttle sensors - Apps1&2, tps1&2, and the dbw controls to function. Do you have any CEL’s? How about your VSS, is it working?
post #141 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:41 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris OK View Post
Reverse is easy, there’s a plug on the AR5 that looks like a 1” nut filled with epoxy and has two wires potted in the epoxy. You just splice the IS300 reverse wires into them.

Cruise probably won’t work without a manual ecu. It requires all the throttle sensors - Apps1&2, tps1&2, and the dbw controls to function. Do you have any CEL’s? How about your VSS, is it working?
VSS is working surprisingly. Must be wired differently on these cars. Yea I figured reverse out. I’ve got a manual ECU but didn’t know if there was a way to do it with the auto ecu still in place. Yes I have CELs but I haven’t checked them yet. Trying to get everything cleaned up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page