LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 05:47 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgdon Extreme View Post
Re-reading my post, I'm afraid I may have come off as criticizing your setup, or suggesting mine was better than yours. Not my intent!

The diff between ~450 and ~490 is pretty meaningless considering different dynos on different days, etc. All that matters is it runs well and makes you go tire shopping because you can't hook 3rd gear!
Oh by no means an issue, I'm thrilled with the setup, I'm just under the impression that there would be a little more to be had if it were in the hands of a 2JZ guru. I'm 50 years old and have done multiple turbo setups in the past, just always wanted to swap a GTE into something. This build has been very satisfying and its pretty damn fun to drive too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 05:07 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 84 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarilo View Post
Oh by no means an issue, I'm thrilled with the setup, I'm just under the impression that there would be a little more to be had if it were in the hands of a 2JZ guru. I'm 50 years old and have done multiple turbo setups in the past, just always wanted to swap a GTE into something. This build has been very satisfying and its pretty damn fun to drive too.
you're using a Link ecu? Is it the plug/play arrangement from Xcessive? Would love to hear your thoughts on it (even if not the PnP).
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:06 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Yes, the Link is a nice setup. The only initial issue I ran across was a dirty crank sensor reading. Apparently the Aristo motor shares a spliced negative input for the crank and cam sensors that comes together about 1 foot from the ecu on the factory harness. I learned that this was an issue when people were wiring up modded AEM 6050 boxes so I ended up pulling the splice apart and extending the "other" lead all the way to the ecu. Despite just being a common ground input, wiring into a different spot fixed that issue for good. I was told this was not a known issue for the Link Altezza unit, but mine definately didn't like sharing it. All smooth sailing since then and really easy to navigate the software/ menu, etc. Other than that, it works pretty much like what you would expect from various manufacturers. I setup my own dual map/ flex fuel "tune" and there was nothing to it once you have a decent starting point. Highly recommend it.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
I have a Link G4+ TALT (Altezza plug in) running my 2J. Without the xcessive pnp kit it a little bit of a pain but can be done. I repinned my engine and body loom to the Altezza ecu plugs. I'd recommend the xcessive kit if you are in the states, just makes things easy.

I recently put down 495rwhp @24psi on E85 with a Garrett GTX3582r Gen 2 and 1.06 rear. This is Aussie HP on a hub dyno. Likely a bit more for US HP lol.

1000cc injectors, Walbro 460 (maxed).
JZX110 A343e with stage 3 valve body and ATFspeed billet accumulatiors.

No traction control or VSC makes you respect the throttle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by wastegate; 05-20-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page