Lexus IS Forum banner

2jzgte swap

7K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  al waleed 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello group,
Im looking for a little help from someone that has done this swap similar to my setup. I have a 02 is300 5 speed. Just swapped a 2jzgte vvti in it with a CX racing single turbo conversion. Im using the GE engine harness and GE ecu. I also have an apexi safc II. The car starts and idles but doesnt rev smooth when I give it throttle. It seems like it wants to cut off. I am also still using the GE maf sensor placed in front of the turbo inlet. The only CEL code Im getting is throttle position sensor but I think that may be because I did the drive by wire delete. Anyone have this issue or see anything in my setup that I should change? Dont have the money to go standalone at the moment and I dont have high HP goals at the moment. Just want the car to run pretty much stock. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

#6 ·
It won’t work because your GE ECU thinks it’s controlling 300cc GE injectors, not 450cc GTE injectors. You’re overfueling it. Plus a TPS error will put it in limp mode and is probably limiting the amount of throttle. Can you undo the DBW delete? I recommend that. Then see how it goes.

The problem with using the AFC to alter the MAF signal is the IS ecu will figure out the trickery. Plus the AFC alters timing by presenting a false lower load to the IS ecu. Save up and get a standalone, or run the Aristo Ecu in conjunction with the IS ecu, or get a Greddy emangle/AEM FIC. Not really much else you can do.

Having the MAF preturbo won’t allow it to see any boost, either. I don’t think it will work this way. The stock MAF will actually read boost up to about 7-8psi before it acts up.

#10 ·
Drag Int does not use the stock IS ECU. They use the Aristo ECU rewired for the IS. You will have problems running a AFC with a stock IS300 ECU, that's why they use the Aristo only. Bad thing about the Aristo is you lose stock water temp, traction control and cruise control and it runs super rich currently. If you want to maintain all of those, I would go standalone. Xcessive currently has my car with a GTE swap and they are doing the link ECU for it. Once they get that dialed in, I'll let you know how it works.

#11 ·
Yes i emailed DragInt and they told me they use the entire Aristo setup. My problem was my aristo harness was hacked up thats why i decided to just use the GE harness and ecu. Besides extending a few wires because of the different intake manifold location, it was straight forward but now I'm paying the price for not using the Aristo ecu. guess standalone is my only option now. I'm def not going to swap harnesses now and rewiring the GE harness to run the Aristo ecu would be a pita. Thanks guys for all your help. DemonIS300 keep us posted please.

#13 ·
Yeah that does sound sketchy. I mean an AFC will work on an OBD1 car, but there’s too many signals to fake/modify with OBD2. Standalone is really the only “right” way, I guess a piggy would work if you had to pass inspections. It’s just that a piggy is probably half way to a standalone from a cost-perspective, it makes sense to save up and do it once and be done.

#15 ·
He isn’t, I think there was some confusion about which stock ecu was used...the company in Florida called DragInt does the GTE into IS300/GS300 swap, but they use the stock ecu from an Aristo. Since the Aristo doesn’t use the Toyota multiplex like the IS, you will lose cruise/traction control plus the ECT gauge won’t work.

There was a guy a couple years back that ran low boost on a stock GS.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.my.is/forums/f114/2jz-na-t-stock-ecu-my-experience-593841/?amp=1

It’s an interesting read for sure, but guaranteed to make you want more power.

#20 ·
it availiable worldwide? yes
the installation directions Connection — only 3 wires, installation at any convenient point, do not cut anything!
How much is it ? I bought JZS171 CONVerter 2 ( 100 usd) shipped to Middle east, Europe, USA

Supported Motors with MPX:
1UZ-FE VVTI (UCF20, UZS171, UZS175), 2JZ-GTE (JZS161), 1JZ-GTE (JZX110, JZS171)
Functions:
-Water temperature
-Service temperature
-Climate
-Power / Snow
— Increase XX by electrical load
— Correct work of the fuel level indicator
— The lamp of the rest of fuel does not blink

#21 ·
But that is not all. The same functions are available when swapping old engines without VVTI — in this case, the device works with signals from analog sensors. And for SWAPO motors on a tuning control unit, a two-way conversion from MPX to CAN and vice versa is possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.