TruAthlete - The biggest sporting event in Seattle this summer! - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

TruAthlete - The biggest sporting event in Seattle this summer!

Not sure if I am allowed to do this, but I am working with a small group of friends/colleagues on a local start-up company called TruAthlete™.

I think our press release explains it best:

Seahawks, UFC Fighter and Olympian Pledge Support for New Sporting Event

SEATTLE, Washington- TruAthlete has embarked on a mission to re-define the meaning of a triathlete with a fresh genre of TriSport event. Co-ed teams in two divisions will face the ultimate test of head to head, March Madness style of competition in soccer, flag football and volleyball. The event will culminate in the crowning of a TruAthlete champion, and the winning team will take home cash and prizes. Event organizers project 10,000+ attendees and athletes who will experience an epic day of sports, live music, and family-friendly entertainment.

“There have been insanely popular endurance events sprouting up all over, most with obstacles and tough terrain, and I could see a need for a big team sporting event. I talked with Marshawn Lynch while producing a film called “Matt's Chance” in 2012 and he was really stoked about this movement, so we have his support, which is huge. Our plan is to establish TruAthlete in cities all over the world,” said founder Nathan Riley.

TruAthlete will take place July 27, 2013 at the 54 acre Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila, practice home of the Seattle Sounders FC. The event will include live music and DJs, a large beer garden, vendors, and family-friendly activities. Organizers have pledged to donate 20 percent of profits to Dollar Per Month, a non-profit organization that uses a unique social interface to help members support various charities each month.

Professional athletes and celebrities backing TruAthlete include current and former Seahawks Marshawn Lynch, Mack Strong, Roy Lewis and Kerry Carter; Olympic athlete Norris Frederick; producer and entertainer DeLon; UFC Fighter Ramsey Nijem; and Cause Fitness founder and actress Rachel Elizabeth Murray.

For more information, contact TruAthlete President and Founder Nathan Riley at 425-772-9477 or [email protected] or Brian Abbey, Director of Marketing, at 509-433-4305 or [email protected].

#BEWM

__________________________________________________ ______

Don't feel like participating in the sports? There will be General Admission for any and everybody! Think of the event as a combination of Tough Mudder/Warrior Dash, Bite of Seattle, and a concert all rolled into one! In addition to the competition, there will be concessions, vendors, a beer garden, and music including DJs and live performances. We also have VIP tickets which will include a swag bag with exclusive "swag," catered food, wine and liquor tasting, and a meet-and-greet with the celebrity athletes/backers! The event is 100% family friendly, with a "kidzone" including a bouncy house, and face painting!

Must be 18 years of age to participate in the event, and 21 to enter the beer garden.

We are currently partnered with:

- KIND Healthy Snacks
- Emerald City Smoothie
- Yelp
- Dollar Per Month - Non-Profit
- With many more to come..

For more details, check out our website at: TheTruAthlete

Prices increase as the event gets closer, so sign up now! We have a deal going on this weekend ONLY! Register as a "team captain" for FREE using code: capn1.

Hope to see you all there!

-Nick Norton-
RIP Brandon Robert Norton - 11/14/09
RIP Nicholas Vincenzo DeSimone - 8/20/07
2001 MSM Turbo - 304 rwhp | SRT 2.75 | Re-build v.2 in progress
2015 IS350 F-Sport - Obsidian Black

_____ My Build Thread :) _____
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page