Lexus IS Forum banner

Track time anyone???

925 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  punter 
#1 ·
Folks from Norcal, Socal...doesn't matter...it could be Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, the race track formerly known as Sears Point...

Here is the deal...I have friends who are Boardmembers of the Ferrari Club of America, and want to present them with an good idea of how many would be interested...

#2 ·
That would be pretty cool. How much $ are we talking about to join in a day at lets say Laguna Seca or Sears Point? It will be a little embarissing getting our asses handed to us by the Ferrari's, but f*ck it, It'll be fun! :crazy:
One more question, worste case senario I crash into a Ferrari, or the guard rail, does our regular insurance cover the accident if it happens during a "race related" incident? Or are we pretty much on our own if we crash on a race track? Anyone know?

#3 ·
I dont know what the price tag is for a day at the track. The impression I got was that it depends on the event. If no one is really interested in getting some track time, I wont even bother with approaching them.

As for insurance...at past Ferrari events, I have seen cars wreck...and was told that it was 'not wrecked in a race' nod nod wink wink. I think it would depend on the insurance coverage...

#5 ·
VERY interested!

As for racing the Ferraris, chances are:

1) It'll be a time trial
2) If not there will be VERY strict passing rules

Keep me posted!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.