LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Lexi View Post
yeah I drove to MT Hood and the twisty windies are awesome!!
That's just a small sample of the twisty roads aroun P-town. Did you get the job?

Raub26 - '04 GGP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Aficionado

ya I've had my stupid suspension apart too many times... First we did Pro kit...then pulled passenger front apart that night cuz of a squeek...then we did koni shocks + pro kit...Then we replaced a leaking koni on passenger rear...

blah...it's a comfy setup. You can stop by sometime and we'll take a short ride. I don't have sway bars but I certainly would like to.

Matt
"The Sticker Guy"
2014 CT200H Starfire Pearl White, Black Interior
post #33 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Fiend

Raub, you could do the springs yourself without much hassle. Two guys and some basic tools you could do it on your garage floor. If you have it done somewhere, they shouldn't charge too much. It's a 4.5 hour job according to Motor shop manuals but I did mine on the garage floor in that time. If I did it at work on my hoist I bet two hours tops.

As far as the job goes, Ford Operations Manager said it would be mine if I can settle on a deal with their agency. I told her I would need a week to think about it. Any thoughts???

post #34 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Lurker

Matt - I definitely want to take a ride sometime to see how that set-up feels. I drive on a lot of windy rural roads on my to work so my suspension is the first thing I want to upgrade. I don't have much knowledge (or tools) when it comes to working on cars. Would you be willing to help a brother out for some beer, pizza, cashola? Or if you like wine I work in the industy and could hook you up that way. If not, no biggie, it never hurts to ask right.

Sexi Lexi - Where are coming from again? Was it Wisconsin? Better weather for sure and great downtown. Did Ford offer more money than you're making now? What do you mean by settle a deal with their agency? I'm not really familiar with the auto industry lingo. Girlfriend? Any family in this area?

Raub26 - '04 GGP
post #35 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Aficionado

raub -- i'll help out no problem. Beer and Pizza should do the trick ..luckily the is300 doesn't need a ton of tools to do the suspension on...as long as you've got an empty (warm) garage and a set of spring compressors borrowed from autozone, i'll bring tools.

Matt
"The Sticker Guy"
post #36 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Lurker

Matt - You're the man. I'll get you some rep once I hit my 50 posts. I probably won't takle this until early summer but I will definitely take you up on your offer. Where did you get the tint done on your side markers and tails?

Raub26 - '04 GGP
post #37 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Aficionado

I had alexia auto tinting off canyon do my window tinting -- if you go there tell them you were referred by Matt Fishler (I think you might get a discount or something since I had mine done there??)

The sidemarkers and tails were done by phillzspeed on the forums....If you want CLEAR front sidemarkers I have a set of them brand new in the box with bulbs - I never used them and would sell them for CHEAPPPPPPP

If my parts start disappearing off my car, I'm looking for you raub!!! HAHAHA kidding

Matt
"The Sticker Guy"

Last edited by SpLiZaaT; 04-23-2008 at 10:28 PM.
post #38 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Fiend

Yeah from WI. Ford uses TAC Automotive to recruit and fill their instructor and technical helpline staff. Ford will send me to all the training required to meet their criteria (and present their material), pay for tution to finish my B.S. degree, 3 weeks vacation, 17 paid holidays, and 5k more a year than I am making now.

As far as the "Ford" end of the deal goes; it is definately a no-brainer, just a little nervous about making the "big" move, not knowing anybody, and unsure about the weather and cost of living.
post #39 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Lurker

That sounds like a pretty good offer to me, especially the 3 weeks vacation & 17 paid hoidays. That's going to be hard to beat. Are they paying you're moving expenses? Did you get to meet any of the people you'd be working with? Getting along with co-workers always makes life easier.
The cost of living isn't outrageous for a bigger city and having no sales tax is a huge plus. It's always hard leaving what you know but it usually pays off in the end man.
Good luck with the decision. If you'd like to talk more PM me and I'll get you my cell #.

Raub26 - '04 GGP
post #40 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:49 AM
Fiend

Yeah they'll pay up to $5000 moving expenses. I won't be working closely with anyone as I will be running the training center as well. I did meet the Ford Asset instructor and he seems nice but not really someone I would pick to hang out with. I wish I would be able to work with some cool people on more of a consistant basis. But I guess give it a shot......can always go back, right?
post #41 of 240 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Not too many in EUGENE but a hand full. Nice to have a car that most don't have but it get kind of lonely around here with all of the Nissans runnin around. LETS GET A OREGON GET TOGETHER GOIN.

Boost is where the Heart IS300.
post #42 of 240 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpLiZaaT View Post
I had alexia auto tinting off canyon do my window tinting -- if you go there tell them you were referred by Matt Fishler (I think you might get a discount or something since I had mine done there??)

The sidemarkers and tails were done by phillzspeed on the forums....If you want CLEAR front sidemarkers I have a set of them brand new in the box with bulbs - I never used them and would sell them for CHEAPPPPPPP

If my parts start disappearing off my car, I'm looking for you raub!!! HAHAHA kidding
What's been happening Matt? Life's been crazy the last few weeks.

I missed this post some how, I'm definitely interested in the clear sidemarkers. How much were you thinking? Got anything else laying around you don't want?

I put on some JDM window & roof visors a week or so ago and have started doing some research on suspension. She's coming along slowly. Let me know what you're thinking on the sidemarkers.

Don't worry man, I'm not coming after your parts...yet!! j/k

Raub26 - '04 GGP

Last edited by raub26; 05-14-2008 at 03:40 PM.
post #43 of 240 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Aficionado

haha NO problem... I want $15 for the sidemarkers...they have orange bulbs that come with them too -- they're OBX brand and never even left the box.

I might be willing to sell my wheels/tires in exchange for stock wheels since my car is for sale now....

Matt
"The Sticker Guy"
post #44 of 240 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Lurker

I'll take 'em. I'll PM you my cell #. What about a swap on the suspension set-up, SD grill???

Raub26 - '04 GGP
post #45 of 240 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Frequenter

whats up oregon. just woundering if anyone ever hits up meets or events?? i mainly picked this car to be different but as it turns out there are pros and cons. not alot of is3 to meet up with so i tag along with my other buddies is3 to honda meets and nissan meets. seen one white is3 at vip's bbq and a hella nice black one on 82nd. walked up to two blue is3 to try to conversate but something was up there asses. anyways we probably dont have enough cars to do our own thing so if anyone is going to a meet, let me know id be more than happy to show up. honda tech meet????

02 IBP 5spd - srt + mazzuri + greddy + carson-tuned + h&r + eibach

JDM front GS-R boosted

GO......DUCKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page