OREGON Spotted Thread - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Far as I now its all cosmetic. He does have a very nice audio setup tho. He was going to get an exhaust like mine but last time I talked to him he said he was thinking about selling the car instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Aficionado

...and what is done to your car?

Matt
"The Sticker Guy"
2014 CT200H Starfire Pearl White, Black Interior
post #18 of 240 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 04:01 AM

My car?

Joez Intake, Alphawerks Header, PRE custom exhaust w/ Top Speed titanium muffler, JIC rear suspension brace, PLP strut bar set w/ trunk bar, Tein RA coilovers, TRD Red Sway bars, VIS carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber trunk, carbon fiber TRD spoiler, and then a bunch of cosmetic stuff.

Haven't gotten a body kit yet, I need to fill out a insurance claim first -someone scratched my car. Haven't boosted it yet either, the car is still on the extended warranty.

I'd like to get something to adjust/correct the camber (it has been lowered quite a bit) but I don't know what's the best way to go about doing that... Any ideas?

post #19 of 240 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 03:55 AM
Frequenter

bringing this thread back to the top. (well for a little while) anyways white is3 lowered with door visors and a roof spoiler. always going up and down 181st in ptown.

02 IBP 5spd - srt + mazzuri + greddy + carson-tuned + h&r + eibach

JDM front GS-R boosted

GO......DUCKS
post #20 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Fiend

Hey fellow IS 'ers. Just a few questions............I might be moving to OR to work at the Mt. Hood Community College. I am looking for a good area to purchase a home within reasonable driving distance. Any suggestions?? Also what are the tint laws, how are the cops, and how are the roads??? Any cool mountain passes or ocean view roads?? I have an 03 sport design, tinted 35%, lowered on B&G's, SRT intake, greddy exhaust, Stillen 18" wheels, ect. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!
post #21 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Lexi View Post
Hey fellow IS 'ers. Just a few questions............I might be moving to OR to work at the Mt. Hood Community College. I am looking for a good area to purchase a home within reasonable driving distance. Any suggestions?? Also what are the tint laws, how are the cops, and how are the roads??? Any cool mountain passes or ocean view roads?? I have an 03 sport design, tinted 35%, lowered on B&G's, SRT intake, greddy exhaust, Stillen 18" wheels, ect. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!
You will love the Portland area. Not only are you 1.5 hrs from the beach (Hwy 101) & several mountains (Mt. Hood, St. Helens, Rainier); all with hundreds of miles of scenic driving. Downtown Portland is a great city with fabulous dinning, art, theater, shopping, and a great night life. Also, if you're into wine Oregon has a world-class reputation for fine wines all within 30 minutes of downtown. I'm a CA transplant who moved up here in 2000 and will never go back. If you can deal with the rain in the winter you can't beat the quality of life up here. The summers are almost perfect, hardly ever gets above 90 and averages upper 70's most of the time.

The tint laws are fairly lax, at least compared to CA. I've got 30% all around and I believe you can go darker. In my experience the cos aren't to bad but the speed limits on the hwys are pretty lame (55 max in most places). Car registration in OR is only $54 for two years regardless of the vehicle and there is smog program, called DEQ, which you have to pass every two years.

I'm not familiar with where Mt hood CC is but there are plenty of suburban neighborhoods around the city. The housing prices are very good compared to other major cities.

I hope this helps in your decision making. If you have any other questions shoot me a PM or email at [email protected]. Oh, I live in Beaverton which is on the west-side of downtown. Good luck!

Raub26 - '04 GGP
post #22 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Fiend

WOW!! Thanks for all the input, you have no idea how much I appreciate it. I look forward to coming out there next week for my final interview and to check out the area. Thanks again and if you think of anything else, I'm all ears. Thanks much and have a great weekend!!!!

Brian
post #23 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Fiend

How are the roads?? In WI they can get a little rough. Is the weather in centeral OR really as bad as some make it sound??
post #24 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 05:00 AM
Fiend

What up OR peeps. I'm gonna be in your hood this weekend, down from Seattle.
I'm in Portland Fri/Sat/Sun night then I'm doin' a track day with Motocorsa/Lotus club at PIR Monday. If you're free come out to the track on Monday and check it out. It's free and people will be there from 7am to 7pm or so. I'm driving my '02 silver Supercharged IS300 and my friend is bringing his Black Porsche Cayman S. Look for us. hope to see you there. If you know of anything good going on in Portland this weekend let me know also. Thanks

-E

-For sale-
'02 IS300 - MSM, 5-speed w/Nav.
Eibach pro kit - Stoptech stage II kit - Turboeast Headers - Megan Y-pipe
post #25 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Lexi View Post
How are the roads?? In WI they can get a little rough. Is the weather in centeral OR really as bad as some make it sound??
Most of the roads are in decent shape but there are some older hwys that a pretty rough. The scenery really makes up for the rough roads though.

As for the weather in central OR - You're definitly going get all 4 seasons. Meaning snow in the winter, hot summers and everything in between. It's a high desert climate. If you like the outdoors, central OR has it all.

Raub26 - '04 GGP
post #26 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Fiend

yeah I drove to MT Hood and the twisty windies are awesome!!
post #27 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 748special View Post
What up OR peeps. I'm gonna be in your hood this weekend, down from Seattle.
I'm in Portland Fri/Sat/Sun night then I'm doin' a track day with Motocorsa/Lotus club at PIR Monday. If you're free come out to the track on Monday and check it out. It's free and people will be there from 7am to 7pm or so. I'm driving my '02 silver Supercharged IS300 and my friend is bringing his Black Porsche Cayman S. Look for us. hope to see you there. If you know of anything good going on in Portland this weekend let me know also. Thanks

-E
Fuck i wish I would have seen this earlier!!! I just checked it. Was this today? I would have come and checked it out...

RAUB -- What part of beaverton are you in? I keep seein a GGP with just tinted windows rolling behind me house all the time off horizon blvd (murray/scholls area).... Is it you?? Far Fetched, but worth a try! lol

Matt
"The Sticker Guy"
post #28 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Lurker

RAUB -- What part of beaverton are you in? I keep seein a GGP with just tinted windows rolling behind me house all the time off horizon blvd (murray/scholls area).... Is it you?? Far Fetched, but worth a try! lol[/QUOTE]

That's crazy, small damn world. Yeah, Ive seen you're MSM parked just off Horizon, very nice look and tastefully done. I've admired your ride on more than one occasion bro. Did you do the work yourself, or know of a quality shop? I've got a laundry list of things I'd like to do but f*^k paying the labor to do it unless you know it's getting done right. I'd like to check out the ride one of these days. What your name? As the sig suggests, I'm Rob.

Raub26 - '04 GGP
post #29 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Aficionado

haha thank you thank you. I did most of the work myself....it's all bolt-ons...easily done! My name is matt. Feel free to PM me sometime, You can check it out anytime.

Matt
"The Sticker Guy"
post #30 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpLiZaaT View Post
haha thank you thank you. I did most of the work myself....it's all bolt-ons...easily done! My name is matt. Feel free to PM me sometime, You can check it out anytime.
Did you do the install on your shock & springs? I'm wanting that exact set-up. I just had a deal for some used prokits fall through b/c the install was too much.

Raub26 - '04 GGP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page