Might move to Phoenix...what neighborhood? - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Might move to Phoenix...what neighborhood?

I'm considering relocating to Phoenix. Work would be near Apache Wells Country Club, near the east end of the 202 freeway. Depending on traffic and such, a 15-20 mile commute would be ok, translating into a 30 minute or so drive. Might be unheard of in phoenix, I've never been there before. I used to live in LA, so I know what real traffic is like.

Anyway, I'm looking to buy a house, nice neighborhood, quiet, good schools, parks, etc. Definitely suburb. I've got a family, don't need to be living near the college towns. I've heard Scottsdale and Gilbert come up in some other searches/conversations. Home prices I'd be looking for would be around $300k or lower. I hear Scottsdale is pretty nice, so maybe $300k wouldn't cut it up there.

Any help would be much appreciated. Just trying to learn a little more about the neighborhoods. Hard to describe in a paragraph what I'm looking for, but hopefully you understand for the most part.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Look into the Maryvale area or the south of Phoenix.

Just kidding!

I live in Mesa, where your work is located, and my family works 3 mins away from where we live. Gilbert, Chandler, and Mesa are three great cities if suburbs is what you are looking for. Some of Phoenix is good too but you'd have a better chance finding something nicer in the east valley. You can find some good deals on homes right now, good luck and welcome!

BTW how big of home are you looking for? How many bedrooms?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

I'm looking for at least a 3 bedroom place. It'd be great if I could find something with a lot of 15,000 + sq. ft. I was looking online just randomly and found some places up in the red mountain subdivision? Sounds like a country club thing. Not sure if I'm really in the need for the country club thing, but if the HOA fees aren't horrible, I might be ok with it. Basically looking for a nice quiet neighborhood with not a ton of traffic and some nice sidewalks to be able to walk the dog and what not. Costco needs to be close to You know, priorities...

Thanks!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Aficionado

For the most part, you're going to need a "corner lot" to get something in that size of square footage. Most lots i've noticed that aren't corner lots are roughly 10,000ft^2.

My neighborhood in Gilbert is RETARDEDLY quiet.

I would suggest looking in north-east Mesa. There's a few large neighborhoods in the Power rd. area just south of the 202.

If you get closer to making a decision and pick something in Mesa, ask here. I've ran around Mesa for 15yrs now and know which neighborhoods to avoid.

01 DWP IS300-T~GTE, TurboEast, VOLK CE28N, TEIN CS, Blitz, APEX-i, Greddy...

88 Conquest TSi~Track Slut, G54B(2.6L Intercooled Turbo) 19x8.5(+15mm), 19x10.5(-3mm), Cusco, S&M, Anti-M-Power, FIP EMS, TD05H-S16G...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 11:13 PM
Aficionado

Just noticed you mention the red mountain area.

Depending on which neighborhood that is, there will be many many high school parties there. Red Mountain H.S. is right across the street(Brown rd.)..

When I mentioned north-east Mesa, I was thinking of the McKellips and Power area.

01 DWP IS300-T~GTE, TurboEast, VOLK CE28N, TEIN CS, Blitz, APEX-i, Greddy...

88 Conquest TSi~Track Slut, G54B(2.6L Intercooled Turbo) 19x8.5(+15mm), 19x10.5(-3mm), Cusco, S&M, Anti-M-Power, FIP EMS, TD05H-S16G...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Guru

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

McKellips and Power area is a great part of North Mesa. I can certainly vouch for it. It's right by your work, easy access to freeways, great neighborhoods, nice houses, etc.

You should move to Las Sendas hahaha if you can spare the change.

'04 Infiniti G35 6mt Coupe
'02 Lexus IS300 - SOLD
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Guru

Gilbert is like a dead-zone most days. Very quiet. I live over in the Guadalupe and Power area, and even by Highland High, it's super super quiet all the time.

'02 Lexus IS300 - SOLD
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Fiend

Thanks everyone for the info.

I should have specified it was red mountain country club that I was looking at earlier. I just looked on a map and I guess there's another red mountain area. Is Las Sembas pretty nice? Is that area of NE Mesa a growing (or at least until the housing crisis) area. Is that were much of the growth is headed, pushing out to the NE? Just curious what the topography was like and all that. We'll likely be there for at least 5 years, so curious too what you all think with up and coming areas, etc.

Thanks again!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Lurker

For whats it's worth, all my favorite golf courses are north of US 10/US 60. Mesa, Apache Junction, Gold Canyon are nice and probably not as expensive as Scottsdale.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Guru

The Biltmore

'02 Lexus IS300 - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page