LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Master Troll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How come WA spotted threads are locked?

But cali ones aren't?

the "Spotted Black Is in Bellvue..." (http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...pic&t=13368726) one was locked after the second post, but none of the other ones are/were? I admit, its a pretty stupid thread, but hey, i woulda posted as it was hella funny. I mean who swaps body kits to one where you don't even have yella fogs!? I mean, come ooooooooooon!

But, it would be nice if the mods or whoever would post a reason why they lock a thread... had to get in a little mod abuse, we haven't done that for a while here...

Listing mods is over-rated. And so are some of the mods! - After 5 years and 467 posts, a mod tells me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by my.IS user's guide
Outside Links - Only links to pages within my.IS are allowed in signatures. Link to your profile, gallery or an article. Outside links are allowed in the profile under the "homepage" field.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Enthusiast

The WA Poker night thread seems to have been deleted too. I say we add a Mod from Washington to make things even

I'll come play and take your money Frank
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 09:41 AM
Lurker

Maybe they don't like Northwestern folk or something. :o

How was Thanksgiving for you all?

-Mofo

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

thanksgiving was good!!! how was yours?? all i did was eat, and eat, then i had to work at 2am :o
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Deity

I think I looked at that "black IS in Bellvue" post...I don't think it was referring to Washington.

I'm the .NET/my.IS MOM!
2001 Spectra Blue Mica w/LSD, loaded (minus moon roof), Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons
"Bibamus; moriendum est."
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Master Troll

wasn't the "bellvue" thread started by our "jersy boy"

i'm pretty sure it was a WA thread...

but thanksgiving wasn't too bad, went back to wisconsin. seeing the packers whooped up on by the stupid lions was pretty pathetic though. ate waaaaaay too much food, thats for sure.

Listing mods is over-rated. And so are some of the mods! - After 5 years and 467 posts, a mod tells me:
Quote:
Outside Links - Only links to pages within my.IS are allowed in signatures. Link to your profile, gallery or an article. Outside links are allowed in the profile under the "homepage" field.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltunedgirl on the 'lynwood baskin robins' thread
and you wonder why your threads get locked
WTF does that mean? the WA spotted threads aren't any more idiodic than the cali ones are, but now even more are locked and deleted?

you could at least have the decency to post explicitly WHY you are locking a thread instead of mocking people. thats pretty lame for a mod. I'd respect something like: "I'm locking this because its gone stupidly off-topic." or "This post has degenerated to name calling, i'm locking it" but "and you wonder why your threads get locked" ? :roll:

Quote:
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 03:50 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgardner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltunedgirl on the 'lynwood baskin robins' thread
and you wonder why your threads get locked
WTF does that mean? the WA spotted threads aren't any more idiodic than the cali ones are, but now even more are locked and deleted?

you could at least have the decency to post explicitly WHY you are locking a thread instead of mocking people. thats pretty lame for a mod. I'd respect something like: "I'm locking this because its gone stupidly off-topic." or "This post has degenerated to name calling, i'm locking it" but "and you wonder why your threads get locked" ? :roll:
ok, lets see, some guy spots a stock IS, others claim it was them but it wasn't, then there's talk about asians and crap...and it's not just WA that gets locked...the other one about bellevue was locked cuz it was a post about a car with fogs or something...not really descriptive
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast

Is it a coincedence that the ONLY locked threads on page 1 are the 3 started by people from Washington? Not to mention 1 that was deleted too :roll: I agree that some of these spotted stock IS threads are ghey but at least be consistent with the moderating. This double standard for what gets locked and which stays unlocked is BS

How about this thread in which you replied to also and no description of the IS not to mention off-topic to boot. http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...pic&t=13369337 Looks the same as the Bellevue thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltunedgirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTownIS300er
Newbury park here.... My buddy lives right in Westlake village off of Hamilton... next meet at Yuchatan's Tuesday nights for Wet Tshirt Contest!!!
i used to go there when they would have the boxing matches...with the big gloves....i kick some butt
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Master Troll

Quote:
ok, lets see, some guy spots a stock IS, others claim it was them but it wasn't, then there's talk about asians and crap...and it's not just WA that gets locked...the other one about bellevue was locked cuz it was a post about a car with fogs or something...not really descriptive
The bellevue one WAS a WA thread, posted by:

LEXUSPOWERED
.NET Lurker
Dots: 0

i don't see a single cali thread on the front page that is locked.

Quote:
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 05:17 PM
Guru

guys...whats all the whining about? spotted threads in general are retarded...no need to start shit w/ the mods when they really don't give a shiet. we never ever used to post spotted threads...now we do, just to piss them off? i see atleast 5 a day just at school...it's not like i post them all.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast

i just don't understand why the moderators are making a big deal out of this... talk about power trip. i'm guessing this is going to be locked too..

just kick back... i thought this was suppose to be about City BS..?? big deal that i saw another IS on the road?? what if i just wanted to say "hi... i saw you... just wanted to know who you are?"

cool to know another one on the board.. and just have some BS talk?? i don't understand.

let's say the topic goes off hand? OH NO! come on... it'll die down with a couple hours... and usually it's some idiot that's BSing and being stupid..

geez..
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UW IS300
Is it a coincedence that the ONLY locked threads on page 1 are the 3 started by people from Washington? Not to mention 1 that was deleted too :roll: I agree that some of these spotted stock IS threads are ghey but at least be consistent with the moderating. This double standard for what gets locked and which stays unlocked is BS

How about this thread in which you replied to also and no description of the IS not to mention off-topic to boot. http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...pic&t=13369337 Looks the same as the Bellevue thread

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTownIS300er
Newbury park here.... My buddy lives right in Westlake village off of Hamilton... next meet at Yuchatan's Tuesday nights for Wet Tshirt Contest!!!
i used to go there when they would have the boxing matches...with the big gloves....i kick some butt
that's a thread about trying to find people in malibu...keep whining if you want though, i am still listening, and that post is on topic since they are talking about malibu/westlake village
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznboi
guys...whats all the whining about? spotted threads in general are retarded...no need to start sh*t w/ the mods when they really don't give a shiet. we never ever used to post spotted threads...now we do, just to piss them off? i see atleast 5 a day just at school...it's not like i post them all.
Not whining at all...just stating some facts to the mods. A comment like "and you wonder why your threads get locked" seems like a potshot at WA threads.

Ltuned - I don't really see a difference how a thread titled "IS's seen in Malibu" with the first post stating "anyone here?" and "IS's spotted in Bellevue". "hey I saw some IS's in Bellevue" You claim it's a thread about finding people in Malibu yet lock the Bellevue thread after 2 posts. How do you know it wasn't a thread looking for Bellevue people? Double standard?
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 06:22 PM
Guru

sup dukie, u flooded in tears yet? j/k...i got somethin to show u on sunday tho...be ready for it...haha

and for the bellevue thread..i think Shawn pretty much posted why the dumb thread should be locked... :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page