User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage recommendations near Tacoma

So I recently changed my spark plugs and did some other maintenance items and when I took off the timing belt cover I saw that I am in need of changing the belt.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good shop? Lexus of Fife only has their timing belt special (Lexus of Tacoma at Fife is a Fife Lexus dealer and a new car and used car Fife WA Lexus dealership.) and the guy I spoke too insinuated that I could not just schedule to change the belt on its own.

I was going to reach out to some of the Toyota dealerships, however thought it best to reach out to the my.is members in this area first. I looked at the DIY and I definitely can't try to do this work myself. Done plenty of other stuff like installing Figs mega arms and springs, however messing with the timing and cranks is where I draw the line.

Any help is much appreciated.

B.O. 03 IS300 MT l K&N Intake l HKS DRAGER II l NA Supra Clutch l Figs CD3 l Figs MEGA arms l Figs Toe Links l Tein S Tech Springs l

Last edited by VerakGW; 06-27-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 12:58 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 60 Post(s)

There is a sticky on tuner shops at the top. Tuner shops can do maintenance stuff pretty easily.

https://my.is/forums/f107/2015-nw-tuner-shops-550337/

Since you are in Tacoma, I suggest going to Fair Lady Motorsport. The owner Doug has an extensive knowledge about cars. Call him and ask.

Wanna go faster? Press the gas pedal harder!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonIs300 View Post
There is a sticky on tuner shops at the top. Tuner shops can do maintenance stuff pretty easily.

https://my.is/forums/f107/2015-nw-tuner-shops-550337/

Since you are in Tacoma, I suggest going to Fair Lady Motorsport. The owner Doug has an extensive knowledge about cars. Call him and ask.
Thanks DemonIs300 - I have frequented the older list in the past before. I wasn't aware it was updated. Also thanks for recommending the Fair Lady Tuner Shop and providing the owners name.

B.O. 03 IS300 MT l K&N Intake l HKS DRAGER II l NA Supra Clutch l Figs CD3 l Figs MEGA arms l Figs Toe Links l Tein S Tech Springs l
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > West

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page