User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Extremist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Trigger pulled! (new daily)

New (to me) car on the way, finally found a good gently used example in Wisconsin. Should be on a trailer to here by next week and the Caddy will be on its way up north.

It's a 2010 Jaguar XFR, 13,8xx miles certified pre-owned plus 6 year 100k warranty from date of delivery. Mint example, enthusiast owned (owner just passed away), never seen rain. Super excited as I have been in the buying process for almost 3 months now looking at a bunch of other options (CTS-V, ISF, M56S, new ATS, 550i MSport, etc.). I even test drove a GT500. The Jag was the perfect combination of interior comfort and exceptional quality, ride quality, power and rarity.

No pictures to put up since they were taken down after the sale but it is black on black like this one.

Super excited to be in a performance sedan again! I will post up some pics once it gets here

2010 Jaguar XFR - Mina exhaust with powdercoated tips, custom X-pipe, Mina carbon fiber front diffusers, hood louvers, mirrors and side vents, powdercoated stock Nevis wheels
The PL: It's all politics.

Last edited by WRXtranceformed; 09-16-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Cherisher

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)

^ I scared my mom in her new supercharged Jag (forgot the model)... she couldn't figure out how to enable the sport suspension or paddle shifters. I figured it out and made her pee a little I think... they're fast!

'03 Wagon - Stock
'02 Sedan - Not Stock

"There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want."
-Hiral
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

nice pick up man, im not really a fan of jaguars but this one looks nice.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdout View Post
^ I scared my mom in her new supercharged Jag (forgot the model)... she couldn't figure out how to enable the sport suspension or paddle shifters. I figured it out and made her pee a little I think... they're fast!
Yeah ha! The supercharged trim XFs are also very nice, I looked at a few of them actually. Some sources have them really close in 0-60 to the XFR even though they are down about 40hp. The XFR pulls away the faster you go and traps higher but they are both incredible cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref1590 View Post
nice pick up man, im not really a fan of jaguars but this one looks nice.
Thanks! I hadn't even considered them until a friend recommended. Their reliability greatly improved since Ford and then Tata bought them. Once I sat in and test drove a 2013 XFR I was sold.

2010 Jaguar XFR - Mina exhaust with powdercoated tips, custom X-pipe, Mina carbon fiber front diffusers, hood louvers, mirrors and side vents, powdercoated stock Nevis wheels
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Cherisher

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)

I was really surprised they're basically 100% machine built. Even the engine. MegaFactories has a great episode on them

'03 Wagon - Stock
'02 Sedan - Not Stock

"There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want."
-Hiral
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Extremist

I asked the internet sales manager to put the pics back up. He relisted it for a few more days so the pics would be back up even though they've got my check. Here is the link

Used 2010 Jaguar XFR For Sale | Milwaukee WI

And some pics:

Interior is flawless, car has less than 14k miles on it (~3500/year)

On top of the CPO warranty I negotiated in an extended 6 year / 100k warranty from day of delivery. Gives me lots of peace of mind to really enjoy this car.

We're working out transport because the bank took its sweet time so it should be here by next week

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That's a nice car bro. Congrats

- Greg '03 BO SD 5-spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricK
BMWs are built for f0**ers who appreciate an engaging driving experience. Lexus cars are designed for anal retentive people who feel the feedback from the road is a nuisance instead of a bonus.
I'm a f#$%&r then
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Extremist

Finally. Delivery was several days late but it was worth the wait. The car is more flawless than I even imagined. The only flaw I could find so far are some minor scuffs and scratches on the door sills which I was planning on swapping out to the OEM illuminated sills anyway if this one didn't have them (it doesn't). Took it through the pay and spray to clean it up from the road filth of the journey and it still needs a good interior / exterior detail. The only other big problem is the dealer forgot to attach a 30 day tag to it, so we're working around that.

As far as the driving experience, it's incredible. Aside from the obvious comfort of the car, its solidity etc. the brakes are phenomenal. Better than the upgraded brakes on my old STi phenomenal. The shift characteristics and dynamic suspension are adaptive, so it will only get better over time as it learns and adjusts to my driving style. I have been fairly easy on the throttle until I get reacquainted with 450+ torques but the power delivery is dangerously smooth yet brutal...especially when ripping between gears. The sound gives me a boner at 3/4-full throttle. Curious to put this thing on the dyno if I can get in on some cheap pulls at one of the local club dyno days. Definitely would not surprise me if the power was underrated as a lot of people are claiming.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Extremist

Been a while since I've checked in, still really loving this car. Added a bunch of carbon fiber and just had some additional exhaust work done for my birthday.
Solid TIG welds:

Finished product:

Videos I took using my GoPro for maybe the third time...the Stickycup worked really well. No external microphone, just used the skeleton door mounted right next to the license plate. I think it did a decent job in capturing the tone but it sounds even better in person Make sure to set it to 1080p!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmTi3kWfIlU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFmWIvun2CI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd6GGCfvm58

I've got some better pics I took after a professional detail that I can't remember if I posted up here or not. If not I'll put them up here today.

Edit: Here are a few

Carbon side vents and mirrors just added:

Last edited by WRXtranceformed; 05-10-2015 at 01:36 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 04:50 AM
Addict

Quoted: 228 Post(s)

Garage
wow man... nice ride. Sounds awesome.

I Fail at keeping my car clean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page