So I went on a little shopping spree. - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Deity
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MA
Posts: 10,234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
So I went on a little shopping spree.

A few months back I upgraded my 2005 Ford F350 5.4L XL for 2010 Ford F350 PowerStroke Diesel XLT Extended cab. No longer playing around with bench seats, the 2005 was a true work truck. The 2010 is a balance of both world, which I like. I use to had not having room to put stuff, yea might sound retarded a truck with no room but I am talking about dry items. I was constantly placing stuff in the bed and forgetting about it. When it rain, it pour.

But seeing the 2011 bodystyle, I wished I waited a few more months.




The my fiancee wanted to jump into a new commuter car also, so we purchased a brand new 2010 White Civic for her. But lol, I have found myself driving this thing more than here. Being someone who drives 50-60 miles a day (one way), 6 days a week, the Civic is a money saver. $28 for a full tank of gas last me about 4 out of the 6 days. Versus $100 a full tank which last me about 3 days and sometimes 2.


And finally my latest toy, a used 2008 Quik Silver R6r. 40MPG! haha. Only got on it once since picking it up last Saturday. $4k with 3k miles on it. Was a repo, but I purchased it through a dealer, so I was able to purchase extended warranties thru Yamaha.

For awhile now I wanted to get back into riding.





I know, I know, these aren't wower automobiles, but I've been working on a deal on a hint used P GT.
Eminence is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminence View Post
A few months back I upgraded my 2005 Ford F350 5.4L XL for 2010 Ford F350 PowerStroke Diesel XLT Extended cab. No longer playing around with bench seats, the 2005 was a true work truck. The 2010 is a balance of both world, which I like. I use to had not having room to put stuff, yea might sound retarded a truck with no room but I am talking about dry items. I was constantly placing stuff in the bed and forgetting about it. When it rain, it pour.

But seeing the 2011 bodystyle, I wished I waited a few more months.




The my fiancee wanted to jump into a new commuter car also, so we purchased a brand new 2010 White Civic for her. But lol, I have found myself driving this thing more than here. Being someone who drives 50-60 miles a day (one way), 6 days a week, the Civic is a money saver. $28 for a full tank of gas last me about 4 out of the 6 days. Versus $100 a full tank which last me about 3 days and sometimes 2.


And finally my latest toy, a used 2008 Quik Silver R6r. 40MPG! haha. Only got on it once since picking it up last Saturday. $4k with 3k miles on it. Was a repo, but I purchased it through a dealer, so I was able to purchase extended warranties thru Yamaha.

For awhile now I wanted to get back into riding.





I know, I know, these aren't wower automobiles, but I've been working on a deal on a hint used P GT.

LOVE the R6. Welcome to the motorcycle club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Deity
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MA
Posts: 10,234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
How's the Kawi treating ya? My second R6 and loving it. One down fall, I am cruiser type of guy, to get this bike to it's full potential it needs to be at high rpm. But I just wasn't a fan of the R6s front lighting, looks too much like the 01-06 model year.
Eminence is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminence View Post
How's the Kawi treating ya? My second R6 and loving it. One down fall, I am cruiser type of guy, to get this bike to it's full potential it needs to be at high rpm. But I just wasn't a fan of the R6s front lighting, looks too much like the 01-06 model year.
It's amazing! I'm finished with break in and I will be riding it a lot this weekend! I go in for an oil change tomorrow morning! Probably the last weekend that'll have some amazing weather! That was my gripe about the R6 also! I am not a fan of the front design! I don't like Honda's CBR600RR front end either! The exhaust sounds really good on that bike though. How do you like the R6 other then the front lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Deity
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: MA
Posts: 10,234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
It's amazing! I'm finished with break in and I will be riding it a lot this weekend! I go in for an oil change tomorrow morning! Probably the last weekend that'll have some amazing weather! That was my gripe about the R6 also! I am not a fan of the front design! I don't like Honda's CBR600RR front end either! The exhaust sounds really good on that bike though. How do you like the R6 other then the front lights?
The R6 comes in two versions, the R6-r and the R6s, I actually have the R. tt's the R6s front end that I didn't like. There's nothing I don't like about mine, it's a nice bike. I am a small guy so the riding position is a great pair up for me. I haven't been able to take too much cornering because of the new tires, still need to burn it in a bit.

Fyi, the R stands for race and the S stands for street. Obviously, the R is the race inspire version, which has a ram system air system, larger throttlebody vs. the street air box, which is the why the R has a split lighting system. Although, the S is a few grand cheaper, the R is by far a better bike.
Eminence is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eminence View Post
The R6 comes in two versions, the R6-r and the R6s, I actually have the R. tt's the R6s front end that I didn't like. There's nothing I don't like about mine, it's a nice bike. I am a small guy so the riding position is a great pair up for me. I haven't been able to take too much cornering because of the new tires, still need to burn it in a bit.

Fyi, the R stands for race and the S stands for street. Obviously, the R is the race inspire version, which has a ram system air system, larger throttlebody vs. the street air box, which is the why the R has a split lighting system. Although, the S is a few grand cheaper, the R is by far a better bike.
I know, I have no doubt the R6 is a great bike, I just didn't like the shape of the lights. Other then that, the R6 is a great competitor in the middle weight segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 12,268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Nice. Love the R6.


Don't you also own a Z?

- Greg '03 BO SD 5-spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricK
BMWs are built for f0**ers who appreciate an engaging driving experience. Lexus cars are designed for anal retentive people who feel the feedback from the road is a nuisance instead of a bonus.
I'm a f#$%&r then
MrGregski is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free $250 Shopping Spree Gift Card for Christmas !! lucica Mid-Atlantic 0 12-14-2004 09:23 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome