Chan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hate when they take a perfectly good rear drive car, then put AWD on it and call it a performance upgrade.

I love the S4, and probably it won't depreciate as bad as the old turbo model.

What's the tC doing in this thread though?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Enthusiast

I've been in or driven (minus IS350 of course but own an '04 IS300) and here is my breakdown-

Have you considered the C55? Simply gorgeous car but MBZ are becoming a little too common for me.....

S4- My # 1 favorite. The prior posts are right, the V8 is addicting and it is a car that is very subtle. If standing out is a goal, the Imola Yellow with a set of a black rims looks so sexy! MPG does not seem to be a problem from owners I know. I personally would consider buying it as my next car.

G35- Great choice and looked at it instead of my IS. Only problem, they're like belly buttons, everyone has them. It's got a lot of nice features but to me, it's a hyped up 350Z. It looks cool and has a nice interior but for a daily? It's pretty cramped and I'm a person who usually has at least 3 ppl in my car.

TC- Yes, it's a very fun and affordable car. But, if you can afford a premium sedan like an S4, why degrade yourself? The TC is a great car for a young, sporty minded kid but can't be compared to anything on this list. I've seen some nice modded one's around but I honestly wouldn't consider it if cars like an M3 and S4 are on your mind.

IS350- Can't really comment but I do not like the new looks. I love my current IS but to be 100% honest, there are other cars out there I would look at. I'm a sucker for German engineering so the S4 was an option if I wanted to fork out the additional money.

My conclusion, S4. Audi's reliability had gone up and can you argue with a car that got Car and Driver's top 10? The S has got extreme modding potential as well. All and all, V8 rumble reigns supreme!

'05 Audi S4
|Europrojektz|
Midwest Director
Sponsored by-
|Dunlop Tires|DPE Wheels|Rotora|GIAC|Supreme Power|
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Immortal

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altezza4EVA
My conclusion, S4. Audi's reliability had gone up and can you argue with a car that got Car and Driver's top 10? The S has got extreme modding potential as well. All and all, V8 rumble reigns supreme!
Just because reliability has gone up, doesnt mean its up to par. C&D top 10, those have to be some of the most biased reports I've seen. I have seen C&D do their little write-ups throughout the year, comparing this car to that car. Most of the time the cars that make their top 10 lists dont even win when matched up in their class. 330i v. G35. The G35 tore the 330 a new one in one of the C&D writeups, yet the 330i made car of the year that same year. Um?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSchmonda View Post
I would give Denard a blowjob while I wear my #16 Michigan jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
maybe your the one that's stupid. It's spelt "Canada", not "canadia"
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo
Just because reliability has gone up, doesnt mean its up to par. C&D top 10, those have to be some of the most biased reports I've seen. I have seen C&D do their little write-ups throughout the year, comparing this car to that car. Most of the time the cars that make their top 10 lists dont even win when matched up in their class. 330i v. G35. The G35 tore the 330 a new one in one of the C&D writeups, yet the 330i made car of the year that same year. Um?
That's probably cause the Top 10 list has a lot more editors/reviewers voting than the comparison, including all the single moms and stuff that C&D has on their staff.

But yeah, I never waste my time reading C&D anymore.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Aficionado

Go for the Audi. The new design is just beautiful, never see them on the road and you can easily gain some power...
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenWon
2. Lexus IS350
Approx. 300HP $30-40K

Pros: Sport-luxury. Great potential in modification. Similar performace segment as S4 with estimated savings of approx. $10-$15K.

Cons: No AWD for 350. Possible sub-300HP, a magazine stated 280HP. Possibility for overpricing, this car is worth no more than $35K to me. Design isn't a hands-down winner for me.
The car will have over 300 horsepower. This has been confirmed by Lexus. So this shouldn't be a con.

Yup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page