REPORT: GM dropping corporate emblems for 2010. - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Deity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

REPORT: GM dropping corporate emblems for 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBlog
Back in 2005, General Motors began adding so-called "Mark of Excellence" corporate logos to all of its vehicles. The reasoning behind the move was that with eight brands, customers needed to know that vehicles from brands like Hummer and Saturn came from the GM family. Fast forward four years and The General is now down to four brands, and the company now feels that a strong link to GM proper won't necessarily help Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick and GMC. Beginning with future 2010 model year vehicles, the barely noticeable silver GM badge will not be added to new products. Vehicles like the 2010 Camaro and 2010 Equinox already don the GM logo, but the assumption is that the logos will stop appearing once the remaining inventory is used up.

GM spokesman Terry Rhadigan told The Detroit News that company research shows customers outside the Midwest don't associate brands like Cadillac and Chevrolet as GM products. Some would say that the move will serve to distance the company's brands from the bankruptcy of parent GM, while others may question whether the badging ever captured the attention of customers in the first place. With GM's new emphasis on strengthening the brands it has left, we'd say that tying the mother ship to any of the individual marques is pretty irrelevant and makes little sense. And besides, they're probably saving a few bucks on badges in the process, right?
REPORT: GM dropping corporate emblems for 2010. Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges... — Autoblog

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Fiend

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I for one say yeah about this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Country Boostin

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Mark of Excellence is false advertisement.

if it said : Another piece of shit GM product

Then they could leave them!

©2006 my.IS
01 ASP IS300
14 Cadillac CTS-V
07 C6 Z06
97 Supra tt 6 speed
Forced Induction Facts *READ THEM* Its some good stuff!
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Immortal

It think this is a good thing... the GM logo doesn't carry an extra value at all.

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 03:58 AM
Deus Vult

Good. Shit's an eyesore anyways.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Follower

I think it's a good way for GM to save a million dollars.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
It think this is a good thing... the GM logo doesn't carry an extra value at all.
I personally think it is retarded. If they could make a decent fucking car, then they shouldn't be ashamed to put there logo on something. All the financial woes that the American auto-industry has is self-inflicted and was bound to happen. For years they have been producing shitty cars that are behind the competition.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.

2010 Audi A5.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Enthusiast

Dude check out my new GM Chevrolet Corvette, or my new GM Saturn Vue, or my new GM Buick LeSabre. . .shits retarded. . .

Janitorial Supervisor of The A.S.S
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Lurker

I think it's a good idea. Hyundai dropped their logo from the grille of the Genesis sedan and it is much more appealing. If I think I'm driving a nice car, then I don't want to be reminded that it's a Hyundai Same goes for GM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexIShirm View Post
I personally think it is retarded. If they could make a decent fucking car, then they shouldn't be ashamed to put there logo on something. All the financial woes that the American auto-industry has is self-inflicted and was bound to happen. For years they have been producing shitty cars that are behind the competition.
I think this is a case of what is vs. what should be...

Even if a company makes decent cars... if the public "perceives" that they don't... the badge will hurt the car. That's why Hyundai didn't put their name on the exterior of the Genesis sedan.

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 09:32 AM
Guru

Thank God, i never really understood that and it never made any sense to me why they did that. It's not like it gave customers incentives or pride to buy a GM product. Did they think that customers would go "ooh, wow, I have a GM car", NOT.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp300 View Post
I think it's a good idea. Hyundai dropped their logo from the grille of the Genesis sedan and it is much more appealing. If I think I'm driving a nice car, then I don't want to be reminded that it's a Hyundai Same goes for GM.
You don't want to be reminded it's a Hyundai? I'm sorry but that's an ignorant comment to make. Hyundai makes some great cars, and I am hoping they catch up with Toyota/Nissan and then push themselves up and make something to compete with the IS,C-Class, A4, and 3 Series.

Quote:
Quote:
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
You don't want to be reminded it's a Hyundai? I'm sorry but that's an ignorant comment to make. Hyundai makes some great cars, and I am hoping they catch up with Toyota/Nissan and then push themselves up and make something to compete with the IS,C-Class, A4, and 3 Series.
Yes Hyundai is catching up, but I don't think anyone perceives a Hyundai badge as a status symbol. When you win the lottery you don't buy a Hyundai, and if you own a riced out civic you don't put Hyundai badges on it.

Hyundai knows this and so they left the badge off the grille of their top of the line model. Even Hyundai execs realize that people don't want to be reminded that it's a Hyundai. I guess they are ignorant like me.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp300 View Post
Yes Hyundai is catching up, but I don't think anyone perceives a Hyundai badge as a status symbol. When you win the lottery you don't buy a Hyundai, and if you own a riced out civic you don't put Hyundai badges on it.

Hyundai knows this and so they left the badge off the grille of their top of the line model. Even Hyundai execs realize that people don't want to be reminded that it's a Hyundai. I guess they are ignorant like me.
Why wouldn't you buy a Hyundai? The Genesis sedan is great bang for your buck and can hang with the best of them. Hyundai execs are trying to set a trend, trying to make a name for themselves, sort of like BMW's angel eyes and Audi's LED DRL's. That front grille will be something that tells you, watch out, There's a Hyundai coming. No one needs to perceive it as a status symbol, Hyundai is a fairly new company and they are making a HUGE impact on the auto industry. I'd buy a Genesis coupe/sedan over ANY Toyota/Honda on the market right now.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page