Quick question :) - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Immortal
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quick question :)

Hey guys

Yesterday, I gave an Audi dealer a $500 deposit over the phone (I gave her my debit card #) for a 2013 S4. I did not buy the car yet.

I suddenly decided to go with the 335xi. I will drive this car for a year and then trade it in for the new M3 sedan.

Can I get the $500 back from the Audi dealer?

Thank you.
MY IS300 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Immortal
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pittsbugh PA
Posts: 19,540
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
           
Unless it was stipulated that the deposit was "Non refundable" IN WRITING at the time the order was placed, you should not have a problem. Also since it was only just yesterday, i would think you have a pretty good chance. It can depend from state to state, but by law, most states require that all deposits are refundable i believe. Good luck but you shouldn't need it.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
jasonm4 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Immortal
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
Unless it was stipulated that the deposit was "Non refundable" IN WRITING at the time the order was placed, you should not have a problem. Also since it was only just yesterday, i would think you have a pretty good chance. It can depend from state to state, but by law, most states require that all deposits are refundable i believe. Good luck but you shouldn't need it.

Thank you Jason, I greatly appreciate it.

The S4 was already in their inventory (not shipped from another dealership) and I did not sign anything with them.

The dealership had only one white S4 which is why I wanted them to "hold it" for me. This is in CT.
MY IS300 is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Immortal
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pittsbugh PA
Posts: 19,540
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
           
No problem Donald, i found a thread that's very similar if you're interested and it gives better insight(which you should be ok), not to mention it was weeks later a refund was requested.

Audi dealership won't give me my desposit back, what can I do? - Club Lexus Forums

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
jasonm4 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Immortal
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
No problem Donald, i found a thread that's very similar if you're interested and it basically says the same(which you should be ok), not to mention it was weeks later a refund was requested.

Audi dealership won't give me my desposit back, what can I do? - Club Lexus Forums
Thanks again Jason. You're the man!!!

I hope the weather in your area is okay. It snowed a lot here.
MY IS300 is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Immortal
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pittsbugh PA
Posts: 19,540
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY IS300 View Post
Thanks again Jason. You're the man!!!

I hope the weather in your area is okay. It snowed a lot here.
You're welcome! Weather has been pretty much the same, just cold and damp, I really don't want to see snow any time soon. Supposed to hit 70 this week sometime

Good luck on getting a 335xi, i saw one this morning. Very nice car imo.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
jasonm4 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Immortal
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonm4444 View Post
You're welcome! Weather has been pretty much the same, just cold and damp, I really don't want to see snow any time soon. Supposed to hit 70 this week sometime

Good luck on getting a 335xi, i saw one this morning. Very nice car imo.

Hey Jason

Damn 70 this week? Lucky you!

I called the dealer and he said that he will credit me my $500.

Thanks again for your help.
MY IS300 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:16 AM
Immortal
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pittsbugh PA
Posts: 19,540
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
           
No problem Donald, glad to hear they didn't give you any problem.

I think it's going to be 70 for a day then plummets back into the 30's/40's and probably rain every day

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
jasonm4 is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Congrats! Don't forget the pics! Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of new 3's looks and the electric steering(which will carry over to the M3/M4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Immortal
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Congrats! Don't forget the pics! Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of new 3's looks and the electric steering(which will carry over to the M3/M4)

Hey Mo what's up?

How is the M3 treating you?

The 335xi got sold. I can hear the Audi dealer laughing at me. lol

They have a 2013 328xi Sedan White/Beige leather with moonroof, heated seats, Nav, and other crap for $43,575 OTD. I told them I will do it for $42,500 OTD.

He said that he will call back.

P.S. Mo, do you know how much a dealer makes for selling a new 3 series?
MY IS300 is offline  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY IS300 View Post
Hey Mo what's up?

How is the M3 treating you?

The 335xi got sold. I can hear the Audi dealer laughing at me. lol

They have a 2013 328xi Sedan White/Beige leather with moonroof, heated seats, Nav, and other crap for $43,575 OTD. I told them I will do it for $42,500 OTD.

He said that he will call back.

P.S. Mo, do you know how much a dealer makes for selling a new 3 series?
She's great! Enjoying every second! Which line and what options? We sold a fully loaded 335 xDrive M Sport Line and made ~2,500 bucks on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Immortal
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
I reached a deal to buy a 2013 328xi Sedan White/Beige leather with moonroof, heated seats, and Nav for $42,875 OTD.

I plan to pick up the car this Saturday.

I'll put a large Kobe Bryant jersey over the front driver seat. I'll post pics. FU Heat fans. LOL
MY IS300 is offline  
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 12,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Congrats! Personally, I prefer the 328. The turbo four is great! The car is nicely balanced, too.I'd opt for the lighting package as well. It makes a huge difference at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
QUICK HELP!! real quick question ktown Mobiletronics 1 03-01-2007 02:22 PM
quick Tein S question... and general sring question marc_lexus_29 Stop, Drop and Roll 2 06-14-2006 10:36 PM
Quick, Tein Stech question, need quick answer please! BennyJ Stop, Drop and Roll 2 09-02-2004 12:34 PM
Quick question = Quick answer cdickgo Showroom 12 07-29-2002 08:53 AM
a quick question... please help... TRD IS300 TRD Mobiletronics 1 03-18-2002 08:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome