LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 127 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Black Hole

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
Perhaps Toyota struggles to service the high end but they seem to be nailing the bottom of the market. See FR-S. From there they nailed the economy car segment...etc etc...they just havent really gotten high end down yet. I kinda feel like the LS is for Oldsters who cant keep up with the technology of the A8, S Class, and 7 series.
Are you crediting the barely-released FRS with nailing the economy market for Toyota?

I would personally give credit for that to the Corolla.

The LS is for oldsters who don't want to make weekly trips to the dealer for service.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 127 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Technical Poseur

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
Are you crediting the barely-released FRS with nailing the economy market for Toyota?

I would personally give credit for that to the Corolla.

The LS is for oldsters who don't want to make weekly trips to the dealer for service.

-Justin
Considering people are already saying it outclasses its only real competitor, the Miata...

Poster, I mean poster. What have I done?
post #123 of 127 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Deity

Location: The same place I am every day: Trying to take over the world
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Why? Because they got basically the same thing for like half the price? They probably bought a small house with the rest of it.
The LS is no S Class. You get basically the same sized car but you're getting about half of the car (and it's not half price, more like 75% of the price).

BOOM MOTHERGATORS!
post #124 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Deity

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Supra successor may be all-electric sourced from Tesla; MR2 returning too?

Quote:
Rumors of a revival of the Toyota Supra and MR2 have been swirling for years right up until just this week when high-level Toyota employees all but confirmed their return.

But now The Detroit Bureau has put together news from different sources suggesting that the next Supra might be all electric. The report cites recent comments from Toyota senior executives hinting at plans to work with Tesla on a new joint project. The FT-HS Concept (shown above) seems a logical inspiration for a new Supra.

And on the other side of the equation is Tesla's design chief Franz von Holzhausen who was quoted last year saying his company was looking at its next project, probably a sports car, that would follow next year's intro of the Model X. He went on to suggest the car would compete directly with BMW's 3 Series, which, in coupe form, could be a worthy competitor to a Supra as well.

Such a sporty, up-market car could easily take advantage of the Model S platform while the electric drivetrain would fit with what Toyota's chief engineer Tetsuya Tada says is an effort to balance a green image with products that offer "driving fun."

Last week, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said the company was already working on "a few other variants of the Model S" that would be "pretty exciting."

Toyota's Tada says there's no target date for introduction of either a Supra or MR2, but he would expect development to take up to five years to engineer the pair and for the Supra to take priority over the MR2.
Supra successor may be all-electric sourced from Tesla; MR2 returning too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefytee View Post
did he just suicide bomb our f^*@*#^ parking lot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo View Post
Don't even ask. This kid defies logic.
post #125 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 AM
\/ Awesome \/

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So help me God Toyota....you do this; and we're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPoop View Post
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.
post #126 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Deity

Location: The same place I am every day: Trying to take over the world

The only reason the Tesla Roadster is a sports car is because it started out as a Lotus Elise. Even with such a small, light frame, the roadster ends up weighing more than 2,700 lbs (for comparison an Elise weighs about 1,900 lbs). Less of an apples to apples comparison because it is not off of the same frame, but the Model S is basically Jaguar XF sized and is an aluminum frame car. The Jag weighs between 3,660 and 4,100 lbs depending on engine choice. The Model S that just won Motor Trend's car of the year weighs over 4,700 lbs and cost almost $100,000. That car works because it is a cool executive sedan that doesn't care that it is heavy and expensive. I don't think that heavy and expensive is a great way for Toyota to break back into the sports/GT car market though.

BOOM MOTHERGATORS!
post #127 of 127 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Guru

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
So help me God Toyota....you do this; and we're done.
lmao...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page