User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

New Car: Acura TL... need parts

I got a new car a while ago. It's not my first choice but it was cheap and it'll suit my needs. It's a 2003 Acura TL (non type-s) with 6500 miles. It's white with a beige interior. It's got a story as well. It was stolen from the Acura dealership and wrecked. Never insured so it probably won't have an R-title. It was cheap as far as that kind of car goes and now I'm getting it fixed so I can drive it. But I need some OEM parts, and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get them.

I need the following:
driver and passenger airbag
headlights
front grille

The grille can be aftermarket as long as it looks clean. Does anyone know anyone from the Acura forums that could help me out?

Help is appreciated. Thanks.

IS300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Aficionado

I would never buy a wrecked car, even worse if it got stolen from the dealership.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRECKEDIS300
I got a new car a while ago. It's not my first choice but it was cheap and it'll suit my needs. It's a 2003 Acura TL (non type-s) with 6500 miles. It's white with a beige interior. It's got a story as well. It was stolen from the Acura dealership and wrecked. Never insured so it probably won't have an R-title. It was cheap as far as that kind of car goes and now I'm getting it fixed so I can drive it. But I need some OEM parts, and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get them.

I need the following:
driver and passenger airbag
headlights
front grille

The grille can be aftermarket as long as it looks clean. Does anyone know anyone from the Acura forums that could help me out?

Help is appreciated. Thanks.
Check out www.acura-tl.com. Or pm Azure_Sea and she'll let you know where to go.

I just traded in my TL not too long ago. Great cars for the most part.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Altruist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Kind of OFF topic here;
But has the issue with Auto Trans falling apart been corrected on 2003s? Just for that one issue alone I would never even think of last model TL.

I would suggest looking at your local junkyard (well not your typical junkyard, but onse with new cars that's been theft recovered or crashed) How about eBay?

2004 TCM SD E-shift
2012 RX350AWD (wife's mobile)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:19 PM
Loyalist

My friend's dad drives the previous model TL. He said it decided to shift to 2nd gear by itself on the highway and well, bad things happened.

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
2005 Honda VFR800A

2002 MSM 5spd Leather/LSD/Moonroof (SOLD!)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Altruist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberchuckie
My friend's dad drives the previous model TL. He said it decided to shift to 2nd gear by itself on the highway and well, bad things happened.
I have heard horror stories with V6/Auto Hondas. Accords/TL/CL/Odessey Some people having their trans as many as 3times replaced.

2004 TCM SD E-shift
2012 RX350AWD (wife's mobile)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawel
Kind of OFF topic here;
But has the issue with Auto Trans falling apart been corrected on 2003s? Just for that one issue alone I would never even think of last model TL.

I would suggest looking at your local junkyard (well not your typical junkyard, but onse with new cars that's been theft recovered or crashed) How about eBay?

No, the issue wasn't fixed. However, the drive train warranty has been extended on all TL's through 100k miles. I got up to 48k miles on my '03 TL-S and never had a problem, but I knew of people that had had their trannies replaced 3 or 4 times by that mileage. It's almost always covered under warranty.

I believe there is a tranny recall, but apparently that still didn't fix the problem.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Thanks bradb1us. I'll throw you some rep for the site. And as far as the tranny thing goes I'll have to be careful of that. Thanks again guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illest_G
I would never buy a wrecked car, even worse if it got stolen from the dealership.
Eh, whatever. People have their preconceptions. It depends on who you have do the car. If their good, it'll be like new or pretty close. If they don't do it right then you have a nightmare and will probably spend too much money on the car. I was nervous about my IS, and I've had to have some things redone but I'm glad that I got it. The price was right, what can I say.

IS300
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Oh, anyone know where I could get a nice aftermarket grille too? Something subtle and cool looking...just curious.

IS300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page