User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Class III Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

'Kimi has an agreement with McLaren'

A dispute with Ferrari over his salary is the only thing holding up Kimi Raikkonen's return to McLaren, according to a report.

Raikkonen's position at the Italian team is under threat with continued rumours claiming that Fernando Alonso will be taking his race-seat next season.

The Finn, who drove for McLaren from 2002 until 2006, has previously stated that he is prepared to go to another team next year if Ferrari decide to get rid of him.

"If for some reason I am not at Ferrari next season I know I'll have a seat at another team in the paddock," he recently told the British press.

The Mirror reports that a move back to McLaren is in line for Raikkonen.

'Paddock sources say the Finn, 29, has signed an outline agreement to return.

'But first he has to settle a dispute with his current employers. He is refusing to step down unless he is paid all of his 2010 30m salary.'

Engine supplier Mercedes, though, is thought to be in favour of a move for Williams' Nico Rosberg.

'The deal could explain McLaren's increasingly tense relationship with engine supplier Mercedes, who wanted German Nico Rosberg in the car.'

Vice President and CTO of The A.S.S

Im sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch. - Jezza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Immortal

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Two number one drivers again?!?!?! Hasn't McLaren learned their lesson already?

I really wanna be a racecar driver... :-/

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Class III Aficionado

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Kimi isnt really a number 1 with ferrati anymore. F1 is now a hobby to him

Vice President and CTO of The A.S.S

Im sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch. - Jezza
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Cone Killer

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmmm, yup, I dont think Kimi will drive for Ferrari next year, thats a given. What will he do is still the question.

McLaren seems the obvious choice if he wants to remain in F-1. I agree, he is no longer motivated, but he can definitely be fast when he wants to.

Ferrari has officially admitted that Kimi is no longer a sure thing for next year, and they are still looking at options for 2010.

Quote:
Luca di Montezemolo on Wednesday admitted for the first time that the identity of Felipe Massa's Ferrari teammate for 2010 has not yet been decided.

Both Massa and Kimi Raikkonen have contracts for next year, but intense speculation has linked the latter Finnish driver with a move elsewhere in order to make way for the Spaniard Fernando Alonso.

Referring to Massa and his head injuries sustained in a crash earlier this year, Ferrari President di Montezemolo said in Florence: "We will have a Brazilian driver because he deserves another chance, given that he is well.

"Regarding the rest (the other seat), we are reflecting upon the best choice, but we still have time.

"We will decide within a few weeks," he said on Wednesday morning at an opening situated at the Istituto di Scienze Militari Aeronautiche, according to the publication Tuttosport.

Di Montezemolo also suggested that Ferrari will return with a strong challenge for the 2010 World Championship.

"We have taken a couple of years of vacation because the regulations were not clear," he joked. "Next year we will come back strong, but saying that, this year is not over yet."

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
https://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page