James May and Richard Hammond on Top Gear US - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Black Hole

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I had heard Tanner's name, but couldn't tell you anything about him. I knew he was a driver, but I assumed it was drifting so I never paid any attention. I know Adam because he was on Rescue Me.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Altruist

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

cant imagine how nobody mentioned the Top Gear USA Moab episode. Just got around to watching it, and I gotta say, it was one of the best episodes ever. If you're behind the times like me and haven't watched it, do it now.

Top Gear USA S03E06 - Monument to Moab [PT-BR][TGBR] - Car Videos on StreetFire

The irrational part of me loves to think that my favorite vices (mnt dew, red meat and beer) have helped me build a super brain.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 05:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

they should have gotten adam corolla on top gear US, he would have been awesome on it.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I like the UK version a bit better too, but I also like the US one. They seem to be developing their own style, more and more distinct from the UK version as time goes on. As a viewer, one just has to stop tyring to make the US hosts fit into the UK character's roles, none of them really fit that well anyway, and it makes for a more enjoyable show to just let them be who they are.

Still having said that "shitting my pants" is just never going to sound as funny as "soiling my knickers" to a American ear.

WJB
Ventura, CA
2002 GGP 5-speed, ClearShield, Borla Cat-Back, Ralco RZ Short Throw Shifter, Greddy Counterweight Shift Knob, JDM Dash Tray, Gold Calipers, CDD-Brake Union Mod, 2003 Cup Holder, Black Pearl Emblems, Dash Kit, LED Interior Lights, Grom Audio iPod/AUX Integrator

2005 Honda ST1300A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page